mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Race Face Crank, mounting problem

Last night I unpacked my new Race Face Deuce cranks which I just got back on warranty.

The splines weren't machined properly and wouldn't interface with each other.

I couldn't turn the 8mm Hex Wrench hard enough to pull the drive side crank onto the spline.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Looks like I have to send these cranks back to RF.

It looks like Shimano has the best XType mounting system. With their design, it doesn't matter if the tolerances on the spline are off slightly.

mtbr member
    I have two sets of Deus cranks that are flawless. I've taken them on and off multiple times without issue. In reading some reviews though, others have had problems.

trail fairy
    Hay thats weird, I just mounted some Dues to my spot beautiful no probs my Atlas are also flawless after 2 1/2 years of abuse.

and we just got 2 more sets of Atlas for the boys and also sweet as man I'd be checking where ya getting yr stuff maybe they only get seconds, either that or its a Shimano plant Saboing those sweet cranks
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

... I guess you won't be
    a friend of mine had some RF spline cranks [evolve xc] and the splines weren't machined deep enough so the cranks wouldn't seat properly [they didn't reach the stop-lip on the BB - and of course, he should have checked this...but...] on the BB, and fell off while riding!

Members who have read this thread: 0