mtbr member

Question: Eugene Oregon riding

I'm here now, visiting from so cal visiting the wifes' friend and for our anniversary. She said this morning her gift to me is let me go riding and she'll rent out a bike.I'm stoked but I have NO gear or any clothing for riding. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop for rental and a good trail I can ride and wont get lost by myself.
    I wish she told me because I would of had my gear and researched already. It's slow going researching the web on my cellphone. Thanks ahead

Surfin' da mountain
    You didn't pack your stuff?

My wife was bent when we were going to Hawaii for a vacation and I was packing my helmet, shoes/peddals, jersey, shorts and socks. Within a month of going another couple said they were interested in going too. I had saved all sorts of $$ to insure we could do more than just hang out at the hotel. At the time my wife (and the wife of the other couple) worked for the airlines (free airfare). And as it turned out the other couple traded a couple buddy passes for a week in a 2 bedroom timeshare. The other couple said if we pick up the cost of the rental car, we can stay in their timeshare free. The cost of the rental Jeep for the week was $200. This was like winning a sweepstakes! Now what was I to do with all this $$ that was to be used for the hotel and entertainment? Hmmm! Luaus, fine dinning, deep sea fishing, etc.

One day, while in HI, the wives wanted to do some shopping to spend of my saved $$. So us guys used some of the $$ and booked an MTB tour with a local company. They called it their expert tour (it did require some skill - nothing expert though). We ended up riding the Kohala Range on the north end of the Big Island at the Parker Ranch. The guide took us through micro-climates from arid to rainforest, on ocean cliffs, through a train trench to an ocean front lighthouse for lunch. It was one of the most amazing rides ever!

My point is, bring stuff with you even if it initially results in some complaining. She'll get over it. But if you miss an epic because you didn't bring your stuff, you may not get over it. In the event you don't get to rent and ride - all you did was carry your stuff for nothing - no harm no foul.
    Last edited by Cucucachu; 03-09-2009 at 11:41 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Eugene Riding & Rentals

Give these guys a call or stop by, it's a good bike shop and will point you in the right direction. Try to get over to Falls City or Oakridge if you can.
    www.revolutioncycleseugene.com

Making fat cool since '71
    They rent townie bikes and if they rent mountain bikes their employees don't know anything about it. I hate bagging on LBS's, so I'll try not to...but I won't say anything good about Revolution either. BR is "socked in"-ish with mud and light snow at the moment; and (as mentioned in the OR forum) Ridgeline is the only "in town" (legal) trail and other than WhipeAss (our "secret stash"), Brice or NorthShore (not *that* NS) there isn't anything within 45 minutes of Eugina that can be responsibly ridden at the moment. The goods outside OROR are under snow. Even the top of NS tie has snow on it right now. Alpine is snowed under above Windy Pass...etc, etc, etc...

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Thanks again. Sittin by the fire and watching the kid it is then. Till the next trip up....

Members who have read this thread: 0