jrm
    mtbr member

Pushed rp3 + 04' vs. 06' 5 spot rockers..

My 04 spot came with a romic and the 04' rockers. I swapped out the romic for an rp3 and recently had the rp3 pushed. Currently im contemplating swapping my 04 rockers for the longer 06 rockers.

Im not all that concerned about the travel gain as i am the over performance gain of the rockers combined with the pushed rp3. I'd like to ask the homer gallery if anyone has done such a conversion and do have any seat of the pants observations you can pass on to help me make the decision to get the rockers or not? like where and when have you noticed the improvement in the ride?

Im 5'8, my rp3 is tuned to my 185 weight for trail riding. Im running a pushed 05' talas up front too. Thanks all....

John

~~~~~~~~
    I've asked about swapping the 04 rockers for the newer (5.1?) but haven't gotten an answer, except for dremel the old rockers. My chick asked also, it's her bike, figured they can't say no to a girl, but no reply either...

That's cool though, going through PUSH makes sense.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm about your height and weight. and I was riding using the Romic with '03 rockers. Then I got an 2006 RP3 (not Pushed). It was good, but I still preferred the Romic.

Now I'm testing the RP3 with the longer rockers (2005). So far it's been great. I'm still tuning it, but it's way plusher than before. I had to increase the pressure a bit, but it's still plusher. It also has better small bump compliance than before.

Members who have read this thread: 0