PUSH the Vanilla-OR-Buy a PIKE?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

PUSH the Vanilla-OR-Buy a PIKE?

This will be for my 06' Spot. On the fence for this one. Push wants $247.00 to do what they do to my 06' Vanilla 130 RLC.

Cambria has the 08' PIKE 454 on sale, Think it was $550 or so. I've always liked the FOX but feel it dives a bit much. Any recommendations on this one? And why.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan415
    This will be for my 06' Spot. On the fence for this one. Push wants $247.00 to do what they do to my 06' Vanilla 130 RLC.

Cambria has the 08' PIKE 454 on sale, Think it was $550 or so. I've always liked the FOX but feel it dives a bit much. Any recommendations on this one? And why.

You won't be disappointed getting your Fox Pushed, but I'd get the Pike. (wait, I did sell my Talas two years ago and go a Pike) I much preferred the Pike to the Talas, the motion contol is a very good damping system, extremely adjustable. Plus the maxle is a really good thing. And when it's due for service, you can have it Pushed then, and get even more performance out of it.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I had used my "take off" Talas RLC130 from my old bike when I had my new 08 Spot built up.

Did not like the way the front end felt at all and got a Pike 454 about three weeks later.

The Pike is a much better choice in my opinion !!!
    I want a girl in a short skirt and a long jacket--------cake

mtbr member
    Larry will be way cheaper than Cambria on a 454 Pike dual air u-turn too..although if not bothered by weight the coil is worth a look!

TLL
    mtbr member
    Hey, I know those hills, I push my bike up them all the time.

Tough choice. If you feel the Van dives too much, you might want to look at the Pike air. Larry gave me some great prices on those a while back.

Around here, an air fork is usually a pretty good choice.

mtbr member
    A couple of weeks ago, Jenson price matched a coil u-turn Pike for me at $431. I think it's an 07', but it did come with the Maxle 360. I'm happy. Pikes feel Great!!I wonder what a Pushed Pike would feel like?

Members who have read this thread: 0