Push Rocker Owners: Did you need more air in the shock?- Mtbr.com
    Custom User Title

New question here. Push Rocker Owners: Did you need more air in the shock?

Have any other Push rocker owners needed to run more air in their shock for proper sag then with the stock rockers?

I'm running the DHX-A with the RP23 sleeve.

bike weenie
    Yes, mine needed more pressure

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yes. For a starting point, divide 5.7 by your current travel (5.1 or 5.3) and multiply that by your old pressure setting.

They ride great. Enjoy!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Dishwasher Safe
    A touch.
    Last edited by deadbolt; 10-19-2006 at 08:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just a little.

More importantly for rp23 owners, is to find out which factory platform is installed in your shock.....light, medium, or heavy. This can be established by looking at the decal on the shock. If you have a medium or heavy, Darren says you need to get it Push'd extremely immediately or risk throwing the planets out of alignment. If you have "light", then he only suggests immediately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Just a little.

More importantly for rp23 owners, is to find out which factory platform is installed in your shock.....light, medium, or heavy. This can be established by looking at the decal on the shock. If you have a medium or heavy, Darren says you need to get it Push'd extremely immediately or risk throwing the planets out of alignment. If you have "light", then he only suggests immediately.
    Hey Dusty Bottom! How will i check if what type of RP23 is installed? What are the indicators that it is Light, Medium or Heavy?

Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Look on the air canister near the bottom, there's three little symbols, one will be filled in white.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by dpdsurf
    Have any other Push rocker owners needed to run more air in their shock for proper sag then with the stock rockers?

I'm running the DHX-A with the RP23 sleeve.
    Yes I had to run more, but less than body weight as recommended by Darren. I ran this by him and took my bike up to him to look at, and body weight was fine for pressure as he measured it. But for me, it was my preference to run about 10lbs lower than my body weight.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member

Wink Yes and no

When I installed the new PUSH rockers, I did have my PUSH'ed RP23 modified at the same time and Darren recommended body weight for air p.s.i.

After riding it for a few months now, I, too, have dropped about 10lbs off the body weight p.s.i. formula for a more plush ride. If I need platform, I can always flip the PP lever to 3.

Sum total = very pleased with new rockers and modded RP23. Plusher, level with 140 TALAS, and higher BB clearance.

Members who have read this thread: 0