Push linkage bushing kit vs. Turner?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Push linkage bushing kit vs. Turner?

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...&product_id=58

doesn't include any horst link parts, just the 3 main pivots. but the push brand is half the price.

any experience with the push goods?

Expert Crasher
    PUSH stuff is great.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I had a set fitted to my 08 spot and they did reduce the stiction a lot.
    You could tell the difference instantly between the spot and my flux with standard bushes.
    How much difference it makes is questionable.
    Its made by push the the quality will be excellent.
    Go for them you wont regret it

mtbr member
    thank you. i 'll try them.

what do you do for the rear linkages - horst or tnt? push is just covers the 3 main pivots. i've never done this myself. the mechanic i used is gone, so time to learn. is it tough to get the bushings out? do i need a special tool?

the refurbished one
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by toothoogre
    thank you. i 'll try them.

what do you do for the rear linkages - horst or tnt? push is just covers the 3 main pivots. i've never done this myself. the mechanic i used is gone, so time to learn. is it tough to get the bushings out? do i need a special tool?
    It's not hard. Check out the linkys below. PUSH doesn't do the Horst Link/TNT bushings because they just don't get much wear. In fact, none of the main bushings seem to wear. I serviced mine on my Burner after three years and they looked new. Coincidentally, one month later I got the PUSH bushings installed and they're definitely worth it.

http://www.turnerbikes.com/010/010te...h_bushingM.pdf

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=PUSH+bushings

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=PUSH+bushings

You can just read the first linky for install info. The other two have some typical Turner forum back and forth. Interesting reading to say the least but the main thing you need to take away from them is: the PUSH bushings work as advertised and it's a worthy "upgrade". 'Nuff said.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    my thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    These look good and are now a ailable in the UK.

Two quesions if I may.
    Why no HL bushes?
    What lube do Push Industries recommend for these?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i usually like push products, but i tried their bushings on my 5 spot and within a few rides have play in main rocker pivot. my turner bushings were fine when i switched to push and ended up re installing the main rocker bushing back with the 2 yr old turner bushing and no more play....disappointed with push because it was literally only 2-4 rides before i noticed play in pivot.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Come on guys, don't you think if the Push bushing material was sooo much better than what DT was using, that DT would have switched???

Push bushings? no thanks. I'll stick with what the man uses.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Come on guys, don't you think if the Push bushing material was sooo much better than what DT was using, that DT would have switched???

lol i dont know about all that but in this case , i will stick with the factory bushings too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burpp View Post
    i usually like push products, but i tried their bushings on my 5 spot and within a few rides have play in main rocker pivot. my turner bushings were fine when i switched to push and ended up re installing the main rocker bushing back with the 2 yr old turner bushing and no more play....disappointed with push because it was literally only 2-4 rides before i noticed play in pivot.
    Did you contact us for warranty replacement? That's certainly not normal.

mtbr member

Our bushing material produces half the static and dynamic friction. The negative......a significant cost penalty. DT and I have discussed it obviously, but some things have to remain in the aftermarket.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Mind if I ask my question(s) again if Push have joined the conversation?

I'm curious to know why you've not done a HL bushing. That seems to be the one that wears fastest on my 6 pack (although they're still the originals 7 years on).

What's the best lube to run on this new material?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    Did you contact us for warranty replacement? That's certainly not normal.
    no, i have not.. i will do...thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onzadog View Post

I'm curious to know why you've not done a HL bushing. That seems to be the one that wears fastest on my 6 pack (although they're still the originals 7 years on).

Thanks.
    But they do. They're available again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Really? I can only see a kit listing the three main bearings. No mention of the Horst link.

mtbr member
    Really? I can only see a kit listing the three main bearings. No mention of the Horst link.
    Oh, I'm sorry, my bad, I read your message as HL being for those models. So sorry. I apologize humbly

mtbr member
    Your HL pivot wears the fastest? That pivot point hardly moves in comparison to the others, so Im not sure why it is wearing the fastest. I have / had owned 4 Turners, and never had an HL pivot wear out on me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Heck, I read HL as Highline.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    Our bushing material produces half the static and dynamic friction. The negative......a significant cost penalty. DT and I have discussed it obviously, but some things have to remain in the aftermarket.

Oh, I have no doubt it decreases friction as you cycle your suspension in the bike stand.

But I doubt think it translates at all to the trail in a real world application. I recall DT saying something about the stiction with his system in the stand will not make any difference in the real world because of the forces involved with the weight of the rider and the force needed to get the suspension moving. And that's why his journal bearings work as well if not better than bikes with actual bearings. Therefore, NO real world difference with Push bushings.

I'm sure you will come back and say you can prove it with you little suspension tracking gizmo. Yeah, I don't buy it.

"some things have to remain in the aftermarket" That's an idiotic statement. What? A vendor won't sell to DT because the product will now be OEM?? You should have just left it at Cost Penalty.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Oh, I have no doubt it decreases friction as you cycle your suspension in the bike stand.

But I doubt think it translates at all to the trail in a real world application. I recall DT saying something about the stiction with his system in the stand will not make any difference in the real world because of the forces involved with the weight of the rider and the force needed to get the suspension moving. And that's why his journal bearings work as well if not better than bikes with actual bearings. Therefore, NO real world difference with Push bushings.

I'm sure you will come back and say you can prove it with you little suspension tracking gizmo. Yeah, I don't buy it.

"some things have to remain in the aftermarket" That's an idiotic statement. What? A vendor won't sell to DT because the product will now be OEM?? You should have just left it at Cost Penalty.
    Clueless you are.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Clueless you are.
    Me? Or DT?

mtbr member

Zeke, I can appreciate that you're not interested in this product which is fine. Friction reduction is a major concern for all suspension companies and frame manufactures alike. We've sold hundreds of these kits to very happy customers. If you ask them for ride reports you'll get a consistent report that seat of your pants you can feel a difference. Products like this, as well as the new generation of eyelet bearings/mount systems make a noticeable ride improvement when it comes to small bump sensitivity. Again, ask the thousands of customers who've made the switch from standard DU bushings to the new FOX 5 piece system, or needle bearing systems and you'll get a consistent ride report.

As for my statement regarding aftermarket, it seems that there's a misunderstanding and it certainly shouldn't warrant you calling me an idiot. DT is a long time friend of mine and we would be happy to sell these to him for the production bikes. The problem is that the current IGUS component that he uses works very well and costs significantly less. We're unable to meet the cost requirement of the IGUS part therefore we agreed that they "would stay in the aftermarket" for now as a boutique upgrade component. Since that conversation, the cost on the raw material has increased about 40% most likely making future implementation even more difficult.

Darren

mtbr member

Thanks.
    We never made the HL pivot bushing because in the years of riding Turner frames we've never really had a concern with it, nor does it really have any rotation to it. Any high performance lube is compatible.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks Darren

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Clueless you are.
    Yep. I agree.

Add some shock needle bearing with that red bushing and it will ride like a Cadillac!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by burpp View Post
    no, i have not.. i will do...thanks
    I contacted push about my bushing issue and they took care of it and sent me a new set of bushings !...thanks again push !!! great customer service

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm planning on trying these on my 05 6 pack. However, as they only do the main journal bearings I thought I'd find some replacements for the horst link as well.

I assume they're igus iglidur-j flanged bearings. Can anyone confirm? Also, does anyone know the size or do I need to pop them out and measure up?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Ive had good luck normally with PUSH products but the bushings were a bit of a letdown. Mine got play after a good 40-50 rides or so. It got noticable enough to affect shifting so I swapped the turner bushsings that had about the same number or more rides and no more play. Same deal as burpp, but i wouldnt consider it a warrantee since mine came from the very first batch of push bushings, 3 years ago i believe.

Members who have read this thread: 0