mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Pics please of Sultan in stock colour brown

Does anybody have a picture from a stock colour Sultan?

On this forum i read bronze and on the turner website it says brown?

Is Freshies turner on the Sultan thread the stock colour?

Many thanks!!!

Your Best Friend
    My Sultan is brown. Check it out on the DW Sultan Specifications thread. There are a few others.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    silentfoe, you don't have any pics posted on the sultan setup thread.

i've not yet seen any pics of the stock brown frames here. can someone post some?

gravity curmudgeon

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdog
    dude trust me, i searched and read thru pretty much all posts referring to 'brown'. that link you provided links to the bronze (not stock brown) frame. there seem to be plenty of pics of the bronze sultans. nearly all owners refer to it as the bronze (custom) color.

i'm not sure why silentfoe's bronze frame (at least it looks like the same bronze as the other bikes) is referred to him as brown.

perhaps i'm missing something here?

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    dude trust me, i searched and read thru pretty much all posts referring to 'brown'. that link you provided links to the bronze (not stock brown) frame. there seem to be plenty of pics of the bronze sultans. nearly all owners refer to it as the bronze (custom) color.

i'm not sure why silentfoe's bronze frame (at least it looks like the same bronze as the other bikes) is referred to him as brown.

perhaps i'm missing something here?

I had to go all the way to the Turner website, they have pics of all the colors.

Did not realized the "bronze" (1st pic) that is stock on Sultan is actually not Bronze, but "Brown Glimmer" (second pic)

So I wonder if all these "bronze" Sultans are the "brown glimmer" you seek. Not the bronze of my RFX.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    yep, naturally enough I started by referring to the turner site's photos of the colors in question. and the turner pic (which you've linked above) of the 'bronze' does seem to directly match the homer pics of frames that they have identified as the custom bronze color.

so the remaining mystery is why there are bikes (like silentfoe's) which are supposedly the stock brown color yet look exactly like the custom bronze on the turner site and the the pics from other homers posted here.

point is moot for me. both colors look fine, and i'm on the fence about buying 2 bikes this spring rather than just one. however it would be nice to see the confusion of the OP cleared up, since he's not the only one seeing the contradictory information.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    yep, naturally enough I started by referring to the turner site's photos of the colors in question. and the turner pic (which you've linked above) of the 'bronze' does seem to directly match the homer pics of frames that they have identified as the custom bronze color.

so the remaining mystery is why there are bikes (like silentfoe's) which are supposedly the stock brown color yet look exactly like the custom bronze on the turner site and the the pics from other homers posted here.

point is moot for me. both colors look fine, and i'm on the fence about buying 2 bikes this spring rather than just one. however it would be nice to see the confusion of the OP cleared up, since he's not the only one seeing the contradictory information.

Took these pics off the Sultan setup thread.

To me, they are clearly the brown, not the bronze. They are darker than bronze and don't have the clear coat over the color. One of them is Silentfoe's.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    s-works, both those pics you've posted above were identified as 'bronze' by staz and silentfoe when they posted them in the sultan setup thread.

silentfoe called his 'brown', however, in this current thread.

Your Best Friend

True

When I ordered my bike the shop had it listed as Bronze. When I spent a little more time looking at it I have schooled myself. It is absolutely NOT bronze. It is the brown glimmer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thanks silentfoe! makes sense.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe
    When I ordered my bike the shop had it listed as Bronze. When I spent a little more time looking at it I have schooled myself. It is absolutely NOT bronze. It is the brown glimmer.
    Sounds like the shop had it listed wrong.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Your Best Friend
    Not too sure. On the Turner web site it originally listed one of the stock Sultan colors as the Bronze. However, it was later changed. Not sure why but it was during the time I was purchasing the frame. Now of course it lists Brown Glimmer as one of the three stock colors. I think the shop was just reflecting what they were told or were aware of at the time. No fault to them. I honestly don't care, I like the color well enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0