paint protectant film and turner ano finish- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

paint protectant film and turner ano finish

Like the title says does the bike "paint protectant film" adhere well to the turner anofinished frames??
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...rself+Kit.aspx

mtbr member

yup...

I put some of the this stuff on my black ano 5 spot fame and it stuck very good. I only used it for cable rub areas so did not use a big piece. Maybe a 3"x2" section on the top tube behind the head tube as well as a few other places like the taco and such. I kinda sticks too well, after you use the application wetting solution on the frame and the sticker, it almost sticks like a magnet while is should slide around a little to position it. I used a heat gun to finish up.

It does gives the finish a more glossy look, like paint, than the ana finish, but it doesn't stick out too bad.

I know pricepoint says not recomended for ano fish, but it worked well on mine....

ps pricepoint sells it for less than jenson
    Last edited by glader60; 09-04-2006 at 08:48 PM.

mtbr member

I have a better solution...

Quote Originally Posted by ccarnel
    Like the title says does the bike "paint protectant film" adhere well to the turner anofinished frames??
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...rself+Kit.aspx

Save yourself at least $20: Go to your local Sign shop (FastSigns, etc) and ask for their clear vinyl. I bought a 2' peice for $5. It should last about 5 years...plus, it cuts and bends better than clear packing tape.
    And it sticks just fine to my Ano RFX. I've washed the bike a few times, too and none has fallen off.

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

... I guess you won't be
    is it adhesive backed vinyl you get at the sign shop?

mtbr member

not vinyl

I'd call this more of a mylar, it's way tougher than vinyl. It's an adhesive backed 3M product. My LBS use to sell it by the foot in 2" wide. They had a huge roll of it. They stopped selling it since most people are not that obsessed about the finish on their mtb.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    FYI... 3M paint protective film can be had in several colors (including clear) from any motocross shop. It is sold as number plate background. I just paid about $10 for three 12" by 20" sheets.

For small areas like cable rub, especially on anno frames, the glueless tube patches work very well! They stick like a mofo and are a pebbled tecture that 'dissapears' on anno frames.

mtbr member
    Try http://www.stickercity.com Great prices and prompt shipping.No problems sticking to 06 ano.
    Last edited by MacDaddy; 09-05-2006 at 03:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Check this clear tape out !

I have bought Helicopter tape/ leading edge tape/ surface protecting tape....

It goes by all those names... this tape is thick 14 mil, clear very adhesive...

Sticks to everything and will not yellow....

I have bought the whole roll, more that I need. Can let you guys have some if interested; drop me a note...pm6914(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    The tape is ISC racer's tape 14 mil, clear, 3 inch wide... I have paid about $60 with shipping for 30 feet of tape.
    Yours: 36 inch x 3 inch width for some 6 bucks + 2 for shipping...

Here is more about the tape or google it: (tape is really good and very thick you will not have to replace it frequently as the other).

Formerly referred to as helicopter/leading edge tape. Surface Guard Tape is an extremely tough, clear, conformable polyurethane tape. Has excellent adhesion to the surface- once installed it's not even noticeable from distance. This tape provides excellent paint protection from punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion. Available in an indoor grade (.009 mil thickness) or an outdoor grade (.014 mil thickness).

Members who have read this thread: 0