Paid spam: large 5 spot!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2006
    A 06 HURST link 5-spot? CF.

mtbr member
    06 front triangle with 05 rear, or as i say a 06 with hurst link rear. It was strangely bought brand new like that! The guy i bough it from was pretty positive about that, but i suppose he could be wrong, I guess it could just be an 05? I'll call turner tomorrow to see what they say about the serial #'s...
    Do you guys think the price is fair?
    Last edited by willymcd; 07-25-2009 at 06:55 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willymcd
    06 front triangle with 05 rear, or as i say a 06 with hurst link rear.

Do you guys think the price is fair?

I'm no expert on this but IMHO I think your $1200 price is high..I say this based on two things, one is that I've seen ALOT of VERY nice frames for sale lately for $650-$850, and not to mention the HUGE blow out sale Turner had @ the end of last year to make room for the new DW-link bikes..Brand spanken new frames went for $1350 (in some cases a little more or a little less) In fact I belive some places still have a few 08's left..And last but surely not least it's called HORST link not HURST link.....Good luck... ...CF.

mtbr member
    So lets say fork is worth around $220 frame around $750 headset $80
    you think $1050 for my HORST link frame and goodies is fair? Any input is welcome!

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willymcd
    So lets say fork is worth around $220 frame around $750 headset $80
    you think $1050 for my HORST link frame and goodies is fair? Any input is welcome!

Thanks

Let me first start by saying to you I'm sorry as I DID NOT notice that you were also including the fork, HS, and what not.... ( I guess the whole "Beloved 06 HURST LINK think got in my way) Having said that I'm not sure IF even $1050 is right...I think King headset's are junk ( that's me) and I just got a 2010 Reba for much less than $220 ( again that's me) I just got it like that.. Like I said I was just trying to help ( and or save you some BS from others)..Good Luck.............CF.
    Last edited by CRAZY FRED; 07-26-2009 at 07:05 AM.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Yup the pike is one hell of a shox, but mine definitely has more then 200 miles on it. I think around $250 would be a good deal for it, also mine has fresh oil and seals.

I'm more of a dog person
    that does look like it might be a 06 front tri as the FD cable stop is offcenter to the right. most of the 05 front tri's have the stop in the center of the seattube. could be a very late 05 though.
    that being said, I just sold an 07 Spot with an 07 Pike and Thomson stem/post, King HS and carbon bars for $1350. the frame was also in MUCH better cosmetic condition than yours seems to be. just for reference.

mtbr member
    The FD cable stop is indeed off center to the right.
    I lowered the price to $1050

Members who have read this thread: 0