Pace RC 41 on a 5 spot?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pace RC 41 on a 5 spot?

First things first - thanks for the info guys, I have used the site a lot the last few weeks while making my mind up. Glad to say I ordered a '07 5 spot. Bad news is it isnt coming till mid-december.

Anyway has anyone got a pace RC 41 fork fitted to thier spot - what do they think?

Also not sure to go for the xcam (130mm) or the fighter (150mm) option, I mainly ride trails like Afan Argoed (not sure if you know?) but I guess 130mm or 150mm will be ok, but what will suite the bike the best?

Wicketed

fighter

the new spot is designed around 140mm i think. 130 would prob be okay (i think there has been a post about this) - just a bit quicker steering. but pace forks tend to have quite a low AC height (there has definately been a post about fork heights a while back) so i reckon you could get away with the fighter no problems. the 'launch control' works really well for climbing the really steep stuff. the extra 20mm would come in really handy on the downs. if your not tied to a QR wheel the 20mm option would be good to as it looks like the new spot is going to be a really stiff chassis.

i have both the pace 130 xcam and the pike 454. both great forks. i would run the pike on an 07 5spot. (my pike however is on a 6pack and is way too short - hence me being wary of running shorter than recommended forks).

hope that helps.

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    The search facility works wonders you know. Personally, I prefer a little more that the 130mm and as the "new" 5Spot is now officially to run with 140mm then I'd suggest giving the Fighter a try. Just don't ride it in/around any sand 'cos the stanchion seals are designed to collect silicone and will score away
    Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields

mtbr member
    How are the forks now farqui? still as happy with them?

My only concern is reliability, seems a lot of shops "DID stock pace but not anymore!" inc where I ordered the bike from. I know the mags give them top marks but maybe they are just backing britain?

But I guess I will go with the Fighter rc 41. 1) everyone has got Fox. 2) You get a lot more for your money with pace 3) Buy an ex demo, or a refurb fork direct from Pace and save a lot more (around 350 - 400).

Thanks for the info!
    Most things in life have the power that you give them, so choose wisely what you choose to give power to.

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    I no longer have the RC41's as I preferred the longer Nixon. I passed 'em on to a pal who is running them on his Flux and they've not given him any bother.
    Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I had a 41 on a spot. It was very unreliable. It was very light. I prefer the pike. Fighter sounds interesting on a spot tho.

trail fairy
    I also recomend the Pike if you want some weight savings the 454 Uturn is sweet.

Im gonna run a RC41/XC for endurance events only so I can use my king wheel set again and drop some weight which helps when ya running 12/24hrs that being said the last event I did on the PIKE was no problem at all but hey a few grams in the head is a few ks faster on the trail
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    2007 Spot has a requirement for 515mm AC length, ( 2006 - 505mm) so Pace Xc 41 cam is slightly shy,but my 2005 Spot they work well, few forks are as plush and stiff for the weight, never had any problems with them. Done a few Alpine runs with them as well.
    If you look at the specs the 2007 SA has slackened by 1/2 degree to 73, the HA is the same.

mtbr member
    What about the RC-41 Fighter?

SPECIFICATION
    Weight 1645g

Length/Travel 150mm/ 524mm fork length

Launch Control 2 New- cnc machined dial fully redesigned. Simply depress dial to lockout fork. System senses rough terrain and automatically switches back to suspension mode. New threshold dial-fingertip adjustable. System double lip/wiper sealed to reduce maintenance. Patented design.

As you can guess I am no technical wizz
    Most things in life have the power that you give them, so choose wisely what you choose to give power to.

mtbr member
    But then again the xcam is stated as 509mm - would 6mm make any difference?

Members who have read this thread: 0