I'm UTarded

One of the four Route 66 frames

During the beat-down I got about my article on TE (let it die!!!), I remembered the old Turner Route 66 I owned back in the day and thought I'd post it for everyone's viewing pleasure:

Notice the 1.5 head tube. It had the first-generation Manitou Sherman and a Romic shock (does Romic still play in the MTB market much?). I think with a modern air shock, this bike would have ripped. I wasn't really impressed with the overall feel of the Romic on this bike.

After Interbike one year, I convinced them to sell it to me. And after a few months of use, it was parted out and the frame/fork was sold off to some dude in Florida who is undoubtedly utilizing it to it's full capacity. ;-) Florida, really? Looking back I should have been pickier so it would have ended up in Crested Butte or something, but hopefully he's getting it on still out in the flatlands of Florida.

Anyway... thought I'd share this little piece of Turner history that went through my hands several years ago.
    Last edited by powderboy; 02-27-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Outcast
    If you weren't properly hazed by your TE thread, we can finish you off by telling you what a #*&%!!!!!!!! you are for letting that frame go.
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm UTarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    If you weren't properly hazed by your TE thread, we can finish you off by telling you what a #*&%!!!!!!!! you are for letting that frame go.
    Welcome to the forum.
    I know, I know... bring it on. :-)

Arf, he said.
    What was the travel on that beauty?

I'm UTarded
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdawgJeff
    What was the travel on that beauty?
    Pretty sure it was "6-inches", but I'm not sure of the exact mm of travel, but somewhere right around 6.

Members who have read this thread: 0