oakley balistic shorts on S&C- Mtbr.com
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

oakley balistic shorts on S&C

get em while theyre hot! smalls almost gone. plenty of med and lrg left. 41 and a qwatah! not bad dad.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Peace & Love
    thanks dawg! got me one of dem!

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Was going to grab me a pair too but I can't seem to get over the color issue. White with a blue stripe? I prefer the more traditional black/brown MTB shorts, but hey, that's just me.
    MCM# 2007.1

guess theyre cool as long as i dont fall down alot. im down with the white and blue anyway. glad ya scored fo.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Living the Dream

These are good shorts

Nice Chamois, good vents, tough material, and good pockets. They run about a size large though. If you normally get a large, go medium or if you normally get extra large get a large. They also don't have a belt or elastic to tighten the waist with. If your shorts are loose, they will slip down a little. This is my only complaint with this model.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Lay off the Levers
    Gone in 2 hrs! Dammm!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I bought some of the black Ballistic shorts off of S&C and went with what I thought was going to be the right size for my fat @ss (L) and they are way too big. I held my nose (the color scheme makes me gag) and picked up a pair in medium.

One of these days...

Maybe some day I will get one of these deals, I mean sheesh I am 6 hours ahead of all you guys. You think I would be the one posting up the cool bike stuff, but noooo, I have never even seen anything bike related. (cept some Spy sunglasses)

I guees I will console myself with the fact that I would not have bought a pair of blue and white shortts anyways...and I have already had 5 glasses of wine by 6pm local time due to a party at work.

Cactus,
    glad to see you got hooked up with something that matches all your riding gear, except that now you are selling the spannfvcb (whatever the hell the neam is)

C

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    I bought some of the black Ballistic shorts off of S&C and went with what I thought was going to be the right size for my fat @ss (L) and they are way too big. I held my nose (the color scheme makes me gag) and picked up a pair in medium.
    I just called them, as I ordered Larges....cancelled my order figuring the Larges would then be way too big for me too. bummer man....i should have done the mediums as they were available at the time of my order

Bite Me.
    You can get more here, but I don't know what the S&C price was. $78 is still a pretty good deal for these. Get a smaller size for sure. The white and blue actually looks pretty good too. There is a waist cinch in the waist band, a button with a bungee loop if you need to tighten up around the belly,.

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/out...ke.html?pg_id=
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    You can get more here, but I don't know what the S&C price was. $78 is still a pretty good deal for these. Get a smaller size for sure. The white and blue actually looks pretty good too. There is a waist cinch in the waist band, a button with a bungee loop if you need to tighten up around the belly,.

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/out...ke.html?pg_id=
    it was $41 !

accordin to the size map, i needed a large and i was on the cusp of a medium. i got the medium so i think the pooch is safe. score!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Nothing here
    Hmmm, if I got those I know I 'd be sporting a mud butt stripe. I seem to be a magnet for mud even when everyone else around me is clean as a whistle. Anybody score the Oakley Thumps for $130 a while back?

i got the shorts from s & c yesterday (that was fast!) and just tried em on. i think a small woulda been the better way to go. pretty loose in the waist but maybe that will get better after a warm wash or 2. you wernt kiddin when ya said these things ran big! i have a 31 or 32 waist dependin on how long into the night happy hour lasted, these med's topped out at a 31 accordin to the site and they are still pretty huge. nice detail work though. as a bonus, they came with a free oakley tire tool.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got 4 pair, but only need 3. I have an xtra pair of xl, if anyone needs em, in cement. They run big. The xl fits me with the rubber loop/ button done up in the back. Unbeliveabley comfortable...strctchy farbics, multi density chamois...perhaps the best shorts Ive ever had (better than even the 2.4 ballistics).

Members who have read this thread: 0