No Real or e-Biking for me today- Mtbr.com
    not so super...

No Real or e-Biking for me today

So just before my weekly wed night ride I get a box from Fed-ex. No time to install the goodies so off to the ride I go. I was out of town for the weekend which again delayed the install. I had some free time last night so I dug the box out and I mounted up two 2.4 Ardents on to the Sultan. I was psyched to get them on the trail. Just as I finish the neighborhood test ride the rain starts and goes through this morning. No ride! To make things worse I had another goodie box arrive today. I thought I'd at least get to spend some time wrenching since I couldn't ride. I got all the tools ready for the install, started removig parts then noticed that the adaptersincluded did not look right. Sure enough, they were the incorrect item!! Pics will have to wait until after next weeks vacation.

Hope ya'll have better luck with the weather and your parts.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    So just before my weekly wed night ride I get a box from Fed-ex. No time to install the goodies so off to the ride I go. I was out of town for the weekend which again delayed the install. I had some free time last night so I dug the box out and I mounted up two 2.4 Ardents on to the Sultan. I was psyched to get them on the trail. Just as I finish the neighborhood test ride the rain starts and goes through this morning. No ride! To make things worse I had another goodie box arrive today. I thought I'd at least get to spend some time wrenching since I couldn't ride. I got all the tools ready for the install, started removig parts then noticed that the adaptersincluded did not look right. Sure enough, they were the incorrect item!! Pics will have to wait until after next weeks vacation.

Take consolation in the fact I did a ride yesterday. Hope this helps:
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

err, 27.5+
    Sometimes that's the way the dice roll. Sucks when it happens in sequence like that though. I had similar lamentations after getting my Revelation back from Push, installing it, and just as I got done it started raining I went for a ride yesterday anyways, but it was greasy and slick out on the trails. No Monte Sano, that's off limits, but there are other options that can be ridden even if raining. I did get sprinkled upon, but at the time it actually improved the fire road traction Have a good vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Take consolation in the fact I did a ride yesterday. Hope this helps:
    Okay John, that just plain sucks. How do you cope with such crappy scenery when riding?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Take consolation in the fact I did a ride yesterday.
    Lory State Park?

not so super...
    Thanks for the pics!
    Nothing to see here.

Large member
    My "parts" are fine thanks Ssinga. You are now reaping the weather you deserve after your iron-fisted totalitarian moderating spree

Beautiful shots Xcguy

Build More = Ride More

Could you please send that rain COD over to Seattle? K?, thnx!

Freakin driest summer in my memory of living here 30 years.

Peace & Love

send your bike and tires to xcguy - at least they will get ride time

and as for Ardents...my neighbor has a cousin who knows somebody whose friend said he got some prototypes too. if only i were on the list like you and analholic

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AleutianMTB
    Lory State Park?
    Nah, Spring Brook outside Boulder. Never been to Lory. I've taken thousands of pics of this hill (The Flatirons, it's called. This is the southernmost section) over the past hundred years. I never get tired of looking at the backdrop west of Boulder. Spring Brook crosses a meadow and this section just looms...right over there. I try to capture different looks at it every time I ride. These pics aren't necessarily different but what the hey: (Flatirons and Spring Brook trail with deer):

Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Build More = Ride More
    Nah, Spring Brook outside Boulder. Never been to Lory. I've taken thousands of pics of this hill (The Flatirons, it's called. This is the southernmost section) over the past hundred years. I never get tired of looking at the backdrop west of Boulder. Spring Brook crosses a meadow and this section just looms...right over there. I try to capture different looks at it every time I ride. These pics aren't necessarily different but what the hey: (Flatirons and Spring Brook trail with deer):

Holy crappers batwoman! That's some purdy scenery there.

When is the best time to ride there? Early or late season. I've been trying to figure out where I should plan on riding for my road trip this Sept.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    YoPawn September is usually a great month to ride on The Front Range. I'd say Colorado but you never know when winter might come early in the high country. The heat has pretty much gone away, the light is incredible...the lower elevation riding season can last till end of October before the snow flies...or end mid-September. You just never know.

But since you'd be here Moab is just 6 hours away. Later September is when it cools down into the mid-90s there But that's the time to do the Whole Enchilada there.

Members who have read this thread: 0