Nitrous or Flux?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Nitrous or Flux?

I currently have a Burner...I've been eyeballing the Flux for a lighter bike....I've lost a bunch of weight riding this year...now down to about 162 lbs. For my height, I doubt I will get much lower. Now I am considering the Nitrous. Is this too close to the bike limit? What do you think, should I stick to a Flux? I was hoping to do some racing next year, and I love my Burner, but it is a bit too heavy..

Let me know what you think.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    As many others will say here, the Nitrous is a race-day only bike. The Flux is a pound heavier, but is way more versatile. It's a fine race bike, but you can take it on all of the same trails where your Burner has been ridden.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    did i oversleep today and it ended up bein friday? just askin. get the flux till yer hopes of racin are over and yer fully committed to the idea.
    No, I'm NOT back!

involuntary dismounter
    get the flux, because:

1/ unless you weigh the equivalent of an 8 year old you should not buy a bike with a weight limit

2/ you won't notice the weight difference (my flux feels lighter when i ride it than my HT did...and the HT was lighter by a couple of pounds)

3/ i love my flux!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Members who have read this thread: 0