mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nitrous does a cross country ride

Yep, solo cross country. No drops, no gnar, a little chunk, lots of climbing, a few switchbacks and plenty or tire sliding.

I started from town (Durango), rode to the Colorado Trail trail head and headed up the CT.

I climbed up to Gudy's Rest and took a picture back towards town.

I climbed more up to the High Point. I took another picture back towards town.

I dropped down the other side, crossed the creek and climbed to my favorite waterfall / rock formation on this part of the CT. I had to take some more pictures.

Then I turned around and rode home. I was out 6 hours. It was great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice shots!

looks like an awesome ride!

mtbr member
    Nice shots! 6 Hours on that seat seems like it would be some sort of medieval torture??

Buzz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stradissimo
    It was great.

ESAD!
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Nice pix, and great ride! I've been to Durango once to ride, but it was so long ago, that it was on a Zaskar hardtail with a RockShox Mag 21 fork. Talk about dating myself. We loved the CT, but couldn't get quite as far as you did, due to unseasonably early snow. We heard from several folks that it was a shame we couldn't make it to the beautiful rock formation, and now that I've seen your shots, I'll have to put it back on my Life List.

If you like 6 hour xc rides, I'd consider it a favor if you PM me should you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods. Tough to find company for the really long ones.

Kosmo
    Hood River, OR
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo

If you like 6 hour xc rides, I'd consider it a favor if you PM me should you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods. Tough to find company for the really long ones.

A word of caution:

For Stradissimo, long in distance seldom means long on time. Unless you're actually a pro
    class racer, get ready to experience an ego crushing from one of the fastest, never-tiring
    monster riders you'll ever see (for a brief second after the ride begins).
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Nice pix, and great ride! I've been to Durango once to ride, but it was so long ago, that it was on a Zaskar hardtail with a RockShox Mag 21 fork. Talk about dating myself. We loved the CT, but couldn't get quite as far as you did, due to unseasonably early snow. We heard from several folks that it was a shame we couldn't make it to the beautiful rock formation, and now that I've seen your shots, I'll have to put it back on my Life List.

Kosmo
    Hood River, OR
    Here is a better pic of the waterfall.

I didn't realize how tired I was when I got there until this morning when I looked at my self portrait. Ugh.

In a different life ('88) I fancied myself as a windsurfer. Hood River was the Mecca I never made it to. It would be great to make it up there and have a local to show me around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    You should never take the leather mask off! Now, put it back on and find some hippies
    to take home to paw.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    You should never take the leather mask off! Now, put it back on and find some hippies to take home to paw.
    I don't care who you are, that there's funny.

OK. Mask - check. Chainsaw - check. Now I'm off to Durango Natural Foods, or as I call it "The Hip-E-Mart".

Who needs a Hip-E-Mart? I dooooooo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Here is a better pic of the waterfall.

I didn't realize how tired I was when I got there until this morning when I looked at my self portrait. Ugh.

In a different life ('88) I fancied myself as a windsurfer. Hood River was the Mecca I never made it to. It would be great to make it up there and have a local to show me around.
    Cool, again, and if you're ever up this way, PM me and I'll clear the schedule for a big ride.

BTW, re your latter post, just how much does a hippy go for at the Mart in Durango? They've gotten pretty pricy here.
    Whining is not a strategy.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Broke it yet?

It must be screaming uncle.

mtbr member
    Wow, looks delightful/sounds painful. I'm guessing one water bottle doesn't get you through 6 hours, so what is your backup?
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

tg
    mtbr member
    What...no SNOW? I need to move to D town.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tg
    What...no SNOW? I need to move to D town.
    Look at the date... we are not even riding the low stuff now.

Jaybo dug this out of the archives for some "Turners are fragile" bait.

Miles, I've got an old Camelbak I take on rides over 2 hours. The bottle is for sugar water.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Yaw

Look at the date... we are not even riding the low stuff now.

Jaybo dug this out of the archives for some "Turners are fragile" bait.

Miles, I've got an old Camelbak I take on rides over 2 hours. The bottle is for sugar water.
    You got me figured out...I found it because you are too darn big for the bike. End of story.

Jaybo

Members who have read this thread: 0