Well Biked

Next project: Push rockers for an RFX/Pack?

Now that the Spot rocker thing is flying, what are the chances of a rocker for the pre-07Pack/RFX? Is it feasable if paired with a Push'd DHX-C shock? How much could the travel be bumped up?

For those of us with both a Spot and an RFX, it doesn't make much sence to make our Spots almost the same bike. I'd rather make the RFX a bit bigger since it has the burley frame and can handle 170 -180 front shocks with ease. (Plus I don't want to have travel envy as the 07 RFX's come out )

Just wondering if this idea is possible, or even in the works as we speak. I know I'd line up for one. Anyone else?

Bodhisattva
    Possible?
    I think so.
    Maybe.

not so super...
    Well....maybe. I would want them to allow for a 2.25 strock shock but keep the same geometry and travel. I don't want my Pack to be eating into the travel realm of my future HL
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Possible?
    I think so.
    Maybe.

Squeak, can you possibly be more vague, suggestive and teasing?

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'm not going to be able to live unless I can get another .2343897439853298432" of travel.
    Last edited by Jayem; 09-08-2006 at 04:57 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Leash Law Enforcer
    I don't need any more travel, but I would be interested in something that lowers the leverage ratio. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if that is at all possible, but since we are throwing out ideas, hey, why not?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    I don't need any more travel, but I would be interested in something that lowers the leverage ratio. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if that is at all possible, but since we are throwing out ideas, hey, why not?
    Very possible via a rocker that would allow a 2.25 in shock. I am with you with the 'more travel' thing as well.

Seems as if a mod that 'works' with 180 mm forks might lead to a odd combo. To get more travel from the pack, the back end will need to be raised (1/2" min) to prevent tire contact. Now lift the front 30mm over 'standard'. The outcome is something like a 15" bb and a 67.5* head angle. So a tall 'trail' bike with 7+ inches of travel. In my opinion the better way to get a bike to ride bigger and faster stuff is to make it slacker, not necessarily more travel. (trend in DH rigs is 63* and less travel). Just MHO...

High bb's just feel so unstable to me. I rode an ID for a while (15"+bb) and the change back to a 14" bb was incredible. Lower the better!!!

Well Biked
    I don't really have a problem with the leverage ratio. I think this is the first bike I have owned that I get full travel with the right sag. Obviously the bb would be raised, but hopefully not excessively. Maybe it would bring the travel to 6.75?

Squeaks suggestive comment has me thinking that something is cooking. Looking forward to further leaks!

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Well....maybe. I would want them to allow for a 2.25 strock shock but keep the same geometry and travel. I don't want my Pack to be eating into the travel realm of my future HL
    Isn't that what Tscheezy did? 7 7/8" shock with Spot Seatstays.
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 09-09-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Members who have read this thread: 0