New fork question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New fork question

I just picked up my new Pike dual air, and decided to upsize the brakes. I have Hayes HFX9's (yes I know they aren't so great). Anyhow, after feeling under-braked with my 160's, I grabbed a 203 rotor and adapter. First the Hayes adapter doesn't fit on the fork because of the ground flats on the mount. I either need to grind the adapter or find a way to shim it. Also after looking at the rotor, I'm wondering if I went too big. Would it be wiser to back it off to a 180 before I begin to perform surgery? BTW the fork looks great, and from eyeballing it, it looks like it's gonna stop my front end from wondering so much, as it sits a bit lower than my AM1.

Thanks for the input,
    Ken

Bite Me.
    I upgraded to a 203 on the Spot with the BB7s. No regrets, but it's probably more than you need. It does look cool though and that counts too. Can't comment on the mount issue.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    I had my fork faced (removed that little lip so that the adapter fit) and that did the trick.I went from 160 to 203 on my XT's (front only) and now have better performance.

Members who have read this thread: 0