mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Need fork advice

Hello ya'll, I just buoght my first Turner last month and am loving it! The bike gets better and better every time I ride it, coming from an NRS I can now see exactly what I was missing out on. I'm shopping for a new fork b/c the Rock Shox Duke Race I currently have is in need of some time off, as in off the new bike and off to be rebuilt for use on another project. I'm looking for something that is light weight, and good for racing and all around trail riding. I live in Georgia and most of the terrain down here is pretty rooty with some great climbs and great dh runs, some technical and others just really fast and carveable (my favs )
    I'm currently looking between the new (2007) Fox F100 and the Manitou R7, can anyone give me some advice on these or something else?

not so super...
    Go Marzocchi

2007 XC 700 or XC 700SL/600SL should be perfect for the Flux.

Sorry, but I couldn't find a higher res or larger pic!
    Nothing to see here.

OLDFATSLOW
    Jul 2006

Fox Fork

I have a 07 Fox F100RLC on my new flux (3 month old) I love it! It is very stiff and and plush with lots of adjustment. You can't go wrong with it.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Go Marzocchi

2007 XC 700 or XC 700SL/600SL should be perfect for the Flux.

Sorry, but I couldn't find a higher res or larger pic!
    I need like 2 more monitors to fit this picture. JEEEEEEZ!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    UPDATE

I decided to go the route of the Fox F100RLC and I couldn't be happier. I know a lot of you guys aren't really big fans of the Fox products, but this thing is amazing. I really was wanting to take a closer look at the Marzochi, but no one had one and availibility was still about a month out. The R7 will still find it's way into my stable, but I'm going to put it on the single speed and see if I like it there.
    So Sunday was the first ride on the new fork and my ride took me over most of the Firewater 50 route that I'm going to be doing here in a couple of weeks. If any of you live anywhere near Georgia and are looking for a truly epic ride, you need to do this. Anyway back to the fork, this thing soaked up everything and I do me EVERYTHING that I threw at it and kept asking for more. Going down Windy Gap hitting the berms at 25 mph and flying for what seems like minutes only to land softer than anything I've ever experienced on a mtn bike, then railing the turns at top speed and not even a little bit of wobble. If any of ya'll are looking for a kick @ss fork that does everything well, I highly recomend it.

not so super...
    If you don't mind the squeak
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=224828

LOL

Enjoy the Fox and the Flux PBC.
    Nothing to see here.

Members who have read this thread: 0