Fox Vanilla RLC
    Sram X9 deraileur and trigger shiftters
    Avid bb brakes and levers
    Crossmax XL rims
    Weirwolf 2.3 front
    MotoRaptor 2.1 rear
    Thompson 100mm stem
    Thompson seatpost
    Mallet C pedals aren now off (cant get unclipped in emergency)..using cheap SPD style
    Monkeylite carbon handlebars (.75 rise)
    Oury lockon grips
    WTB laser V stealth seat
    ChrisKing headset
    XT crank (180mm length)
    Attached Images Attached Images

flaming Frenchy
    dude!
    How tall are you?
    oh and by the way nice ride: I'm going to go with almost the same set up !
    like the color too!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That's a bike for Shaq! Very nice ride!! I would need a ladder to get on that thing..

No, that's not phonetic
    That thing looks SO skookum. The extra gussets are pretty wild. I bet Barny could stand inside the front triangle and ride that thing.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Still chuggin' along
    Wow, check out the headtube on that! My tiny XCE would look like its little baby
    Make Everyday your Masterpiece - George Michael

mtbr member
    Well Im not that huge... 6'5 210lbs. Have only been able to take it out one time, its been raining alot here. I have to say it is an extremely comfortable ride.... I love the geometry.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    That thing looks SO skookum. The extra gussets are pretty wild. I bet Barny could stand inside the front triangle and ride that thing.
    It isn't even a triangle. It's a rectangle for cripes sake.

Looks good none-the-less.

The lower st/tt brace looks funky

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Nice Bike!!
    Great set-up
    That is my kinda of bike......cause that would be the size I would ride.
    What is the tt lenght on your bike?? Just curious......I have forgotten the measurement.
    Won't see to many bikes like that out there I'll bet.......

Happy trails

KC

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

You got to love the sasquatch

I got my sasquatch two months ago, it is awesome (though the added cost sorta sucks). The great part is that it is not much heavier then the XL. Tall bikers unite!

Sam

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Nice!!! Post a picture of you riding that beast. See, now why can't Turner route the cables on the underside of the top tube for the other sizes? That's one thing that really bugs me about mine. My XCE had the cables on it's belly....I miss that.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member

crank arm lenght & BB-height

my sasqutach is shipped to switzerland currently and should arrive within this week. I am pretty excited!

I am 6'5 too but never run crank arms in 180 mm length which is 5 mm longer than standard?

jaghouse could you please comment on the effect of changing from 175 to 180 mm?

I assume the sasquatch's BB-heigth is the same on all 5Spots or did DT consider that tall guys might like to use lonk crank arms?
    congrats to your beautiful rig!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Top v bottom cable routing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Nice!!! Post a picture of you riding that beast. See, now why can't Turner route the cables on the underside of the top tube for the other sizes? That's one thing that really bugs me about mine. My XCE had the cables on it's belly....I miss that.
    Why? I prefer them on the top as it makes carrying the bike much more comfortable. To be honest, I haven't really found any disadvantage of having them on the top, other than maybe catching them if you mess up a 'dismount'.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    I guess it's more of an asthetic thing for me. For what little time I spend carrying my bike, having the cables rub or catch my hand is not really an issue. It's like having fenders. Sure, they are great for when the conditions get soupy. But, for how infrequently I could actually benefit from them, I wouldn't have them on my bike.

And speaking of rubbage, sometimes when I'm taking a breather, I sit on the tob tube. Now, that can be an odd sensation.
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 05-24-2004 at 07:13 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Lay off the Levers
    Damm dued, that is one sweet ride!

Man I just can't get over all the extra gussets and such, Turner really knows how to build a big bike...I'm glad they don't just scale everything.

6'5" and 210....you make me feel like a porker at 6'2" - 220... yo strech, what kind of true inseam do you have? I'm on the odd side: 38.5" kinda long for my height.

Cheers, congrats and...NIIIIICE BIIIIKE!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Coming off a hardtail Fisher, there are so many things different on this bike. The Fisher had 175mm cranks and I didnt noitice an obvious difference in the hour ride I have had on the Turner w/ 180s. Maybe after I get some more time in on the bike I can give a better opinion (hopefully tomorrow if it doesnt rain). I dont think there is a difference in BB height.

What surprised me most on my first ride was the Spots ability to climb the technical. The geometry and maybe even the more natural longer pedal stroke w/ the 180s keeps you in the sadle and able to generate good torque while keeping those pedals moving. That and the rear seems to rap around objects for great traction. Spiderman mode.

Good choice on the sasquatch ritzelflitzer, you will not be disapointed.
    Last edited by jaghouse; 05-24-2004 at 09:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Well I come with a 38 inch inseam. I think maybe my torso is longer than most. I needed a setback post on my Fisher (which has a generous TT length) to feel comfortable. With the shorter stem, straight seatpost, slacker geometry and riser bars the sasquatch sits you in a more upright position and feels more comfortable than my old ride.
    Last edited by jaghouse; 05-24-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Bon Vie

Good job! Nice Huuuge Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jaghouse
    Coming off a hardtail Fisher, there are so many things different on this bike. The Fisher had 175mm cranks and I didnt noitice an obvious difference in the hour ride I have had on the Turner w/ 180s. Maybe after I get some more time in on the bike I can give a better opinion (hopefully tomorrow if it doesnt rain).

What surprised me most on my first ride was the Spots ability to climb the technical. The geometry and maybe even the more natural longer pedal stroke w/ the 180s keeps you in the sadle and able to generate good torque while keeping those pedals moving. That and the rear seems to rap around objects for great traction. Spiderman mode.

Good choice on the sasquatch ritzelflitzer, you will not be disapointed.

Very nice ride!!!!!!!! I guess my large silver 5 Spot is not "Little Bro'."

I appears that all of us coming to Turner bikes for the first time are impressed with how well the ride hooks up on the climbs. Almost as if you have an assistant somewhere pulling you up. On more than one occasion I hit a climb in the wrong gear and my 5 Spot said "If you can keep 'em spinnin', I'll keep you grinnin' " all the way up. Gotta love it.

Congrats...........and enjoy.