mtbr member
    Oct 2007

My bro broken Higline

And not for the first time....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peace & Love
    paging Dusty

Crazier than Fred
    Get some the new V2.5 chainstays before you hurt yourself! Turner will hook you up with the new ones for free.

banned
    Nice saddle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

it s the new one

for the second time

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Broken right at the weld.

Crazier than Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by IH3.40
    for the second time
    No it's not....for the second time. This is what the new ones look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    It's been cross posted on the DH/FR forum:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=353082

Turner is going back to Ventana to build the frames???

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IH3.40
    it's the new one- for the second time
    No, it's not. Those are v2's and they are up to like V4.

It sucks, but call turner, they will take care of you. I would pull the flame-bait pictures if I was you. Give turner a chance to make you happy. They are taking excellent care of me.

Crazier than Fred
    Too bad this ignorant douche nozzle is spreading the bad word before realizing this issue has already been resolved with the new version of the stays.

banned
    I'm actually looking for the posts DT made about changing out the stays to make sure everyone, 1st owner or 3rd, gets a new stay. Help? I'm typing a paper right now.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Ben
    Too bad this ignorant douche nozzle is spreading the bad word ...
    Douche nozzle. I like that.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Peace & Love
    Too bad this ignorant douche nozzle is spreading the bad word before realizing this issue has already been resolved with the new version of the stays.
    the Ford Pinto sucked therefore, I would not buy a 2008 Ford

rr
    I don't do PC
    Considering it's his 2nd stay and there have been 3 or 4 versions AND he's new here, I say cut him some slack, it's a consumer website afterall.

Ben maybe he already contacted Turner, or maybe he goes thru a shop and has no idea of the 3rd or 4th version???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought Christmas wasn't for a couple more months?

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    LOL.....dude, it took you long enough!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    you dont make bikes to recall them and change parts
    they suck

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    It's too bad this thread popped up after the "Banning Poll", DB. This could've been your ticket outta here!

Crazier than Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder

Ben maybe he already contacted Turner, or maybe he goes thru a shop and has no idea of the 3rd or 4th version???

C'mon Rick, you know that if he had already contacted Turner he would know that he wasn't on the new version of the stays. Besides, the Turner Forum is reactionary, not forgiving.
    Last edited by Crazy Ben; 10-31-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Yay! Bikes !
    Quote Originally Posted by loolilon
    they suck

rr
    I don't do PC
    C'mon Rick, you know that if he had already contacted Turner he would know that he wasn't on the new version of the stays. Besides, the Turner Forum reactionary, not forgiving.
    Well, in the case of snuff shots, yes it is reactionary, and I kinda understand why, DT is a good guy who hangs out here regularly and takes care of his customers. Just saying this is a consumer website and not everyone knows DT personally so posting pics of broken stuff is not that big of a deal IMO.

Crazier than Fred
    Well, in the case of snuff shots, yes it is reactionary, and I kinda understand why, DT is a good guy who hangs out here regularly and takes care of his customers. Just saying this is a consumer website and not everyone knows DT personally so posting pics of broken stuff is not that big of a deal IMO.
    You are right, however, my reaction was a carryover from the thread he posted on the DH board. Check out the OP's thread over there. It's clear what his demeanor is.

Edit: WTF! I'm Crazy Ben!!! Crazy's don't have to explain themselves!!

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by loolilon
    they suck
    Good luck with that!
    Your attitude and eloquence will take you far in life.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

To da OP

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Thank u all for your replays:

as the brother of the owner of those bike:

he is going to bring them to the dealer in Israel.
    this is the second time they broke, after the recall they did. now tell me: how can a guy free ride his bikes with that kind of problem, u should trust your bike while jumping 3-4 meter drops. u can understand when it happen one time,but the second? and who can promise that the new version is good?

i post this massage in the DH\fr forum and i was suggested to post it here also. i consider the forum as a place were riders can have dialog between them self and not as a place to flame issues.
    the problem will be solve with the local dealer, i am sure. But u don't buy turner and aspect something like this will happen to u will jumping 3 meter drop- he could be injured badly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    No, it's not. Those are v2's and they are up to like V4.

It sucks, but call turner, they will take care of you. I would pull the flame-bait pictures if I was you. Give turner a chance to make you happy. They are taking excellent care of me.
    What version of replacement chainstays are we suppose to get? Got my 2nd replacement last week [3rd set]. the ones I got don't look like Ben's

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by rodel
    What version of replacement chainstays are we suppose to get? Got my 2nd replacement last week [3rd set]. the ones I got don't look like Ben's
    do they look like mine?
    this is the version us extra gnarly dewds get

Last edited by airwreck; 10-31-2007 at 11:50 PM.

FM
    mtbr member

New question here.

What version of replacement chainstays are we suppose to get?
    Only Turner can answer that one, right?

Airwreck's version is trouble free I think. These are called v2.5s I believe, similar to the V2's but with an additional gusset between the drop-out and chainstay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    do they look like mine?
    this is the version us extra gnarly dewds get

yup those are the ones. good enough for me
    now just waiting on the 2nd gen 2Step cart from RS so I can put this bike back together.

~~~~~~~~
    yup those are the ones. good enough for me
    now just waiting on the 2nd gen 2Step cart from RS so I can put this bike back together.
    yea, that's the thing about this freeride stuff, good to have backup parts and bikes cause something will always be getting thrashed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

V.2.5

Those 2.5 on Airwrecks bike are as stong as those on El Chingons 2008. I don't think that anyone will break a 2.5 or 2008 V3.

ANYONE with a chainstay that does NOT look like Airwreck, should contact Turner bikes so we can get you, or your brother, on a V2.5.

IH3.40, tell your brother to contact either Greg@turnerbikes.com or the distributer
    so we can take care of him. If the seat stay or shock is bent we will also take care of that.
    I am sorry he did not know about the upgrade, but we have been contacting everyone we sell to tell their customers to get the upgrade. Freeride as a market segment and sport is not linear, riders are going bigger every summer. I am sure that you know that this is not a Turner only problem, or a frame only problem but all of the parts on these bikes are getting re-designed all the time to keep up with the changing riding style. I am sure that everyone that calls themselves a Freerider is going bigger this summer than last?

To wrap this up, the photo of Airwrecks' chainstay is the highest strength. It has gussets that connect the tube to the drop out on the top side. It is very freaking strong, way stronger than the one that broke. The 2008 like Chingon has is very freaking strong. Done.

I am sorry your bother is off his bike. We will ship pedalim the new parts when we are contacted.

David Turner
    Last edited by turnerbikes; 10-31-2007 at 02:26 PM.

Dishwasher Safe
    Man, I gotta admit I never new the originals were designed that way. I always thought (assumed) the stay actually fit inside the dropout section where they're welded. YIKES!!!
    Last edited by deadbolt; 10-31-2007 at 04:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I dont get it? You flame the OP for posting pictures of his paperweight, crying bad taste. If this was another manufacturer you would be chiming in with the same smartarse BS that your so against.
    IH3.40 is right, somebody could of been hurt. What if somebody was in the hospital right now. Would that justify him posting pictures on this site? The dude is halfway around the world. Imagine how long his Bro is going to be without a rig.
    Dont flame me, everyone knows Turners are kick butt bikes and its still high on the list for my next build.

Rides like wrecking ball
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    To wrap this up, the photo of Airwrecks' chainstay is the highest strength. It has gussets that connect the tube to the drop out on the top side. It is very freaking strong, way stronger than the one that broke. The 2008 like Chingon has is very freaking strong. Done.

David Turner
    This could all be solved if you would just move the pivot back to its Home in that breakage location. Karma is talking, you should listen.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    ANYONE with a chainstay that does NOT look like Airwreck, should contact Turner bikes so we can get you, or your brother, on a V2.5.

David Turner
    Comedy from the big guy himself - love it!

Glad to know that not only will Turner take care of all its customers...but their brothers as well!

mtbr member
    No it's not....for the second time. This is what the new ones look like.

I believe these are the new Vista stays. They should be virus and hack free!
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike00
    I dont get it? You flame the OP for posting pictures of his paperweight, crying bad taste. If this was another manufacturer you would be chiming in with the same smartarse BS that your so against.
    IH3.40 is right, somebody could of been hurt. What if somebody was in the hospital right now. Would that justify him posting pictures on this site? The dude is halfway around the world. Imagine how long his Bro is going to be without a rig.
    Dont flame me, everyone knows Turners are kick butt bikes and its still high on the list for my next build.
    Knowing Turner he won't have to wait long at all. If this was another manufacturer he'd probably be looking at a few weeks if they had the spare parts at all.

Goes to 11
    I happen to know the guy that broke the chainstay, he really isn't the one that posted the pictures here and at the FR forum.

Believe it or not, there are some Turner owners which actually don't spend time at this forum or any other forum for that matter... Sadly that also means they will never be qualified as authentic Homers .

I'm not an owner of a Turner, but I believe that with DT's response and a nice closure post, this thread will not only set Turner's CS at its rightful place as one of the best, it might urge those who were not aware\too lazy to replace the rear triangle, thus,might actually save potential injuries..
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I cracked a chainstay on a rfx, and it went right on the weld like that. Scary.

Team Sanchez
    I think the main reason we brought "the pain"(I miss you Fred) so hard on him is because he was so adamant about the fact that he broke the new version of the stays, when in fact he broke a version that has been prone to failures. The truth is, noone has broken the new version of the stays either the V2.5 or the 2008 version, so there is no need to create more hysteria with false claims. DT set the record straight as he always does.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hey Ben, it's none of our business and DT has resolved the issue, but I would like to point out the guy is in Israel, goes thru his shop directly and obviously doesn't hangout here, so considering he had already received a new one it makes sense he thought it was the latest, he had no idea there was another version he was *supposed* to have. Sounds like his shop should of been aware tho.

Team Sanchez
    Sounds like his shop should of been aware tho.
    Indeed.

Lay off the Levers
    I'm wondering if the Dist or dealer gave him his second replacement from something they had on hand or got the 2nd replacement directly from Turner?

I realize distribution halfway around the world could be somewhat delayed.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I'm wondering if the Dist or dealer gave him his second replacement from something they had on hand or got the 2nd replacement directly from Turner?

I realize distribution halfway around the world could be somewhat delayed.
    Zilla, FWIW, even people in the states couldn't get the latest, greatest versions at the end of the summer due to availability. So, those folks were told to ride the V2.5.1 (a) without worry and they would get the new ones as soon as the new batch got in from SAPA. In at least one case, that resulted in broken stays and a damaged shock.

EB

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by dpspac3
    I cracked a chainstay on a rfx, and it went right on the weld like that. Scary.
    Interestingly enough I cracked the chainstay on my BURNER at the weld at the front. I didn't feel the need to post pictures of it and STILL received a replacement (free, even though I was out of warranty) . Several years ago when I was going through rocker bolts once a year or so on my Titus QM I also failed to post pictures - boy, I sure missed out on some flame opportunities. Personally I expect to break my bikes (regardless of make) because I ride them hard. Breaking them for me doesn't justify a full photo spread.

Catching impending failure through careful inspection is no guarantee but should be attempted by all aggressive riders, particularly you freeride nutcases.

Edit: Not sure Fo needs to inspect HIS RFX though...

Members who have read this thread: 0