mtbr member
    Aug 2005

my 09 five spot !!

Just thought i would post some pictures up of my dw 5 spot which i recently bought.

been playing around with seatposts and stems etc to try and find the right cockpit set up but i think ive got it nailed now

what do you think...........

im running a raceface 70mm stem and easton havoc bars at 710mm wife and a nice raceface layback post.

the ride seems a bit more upright than my old 09 enduro but there is about an inch difference in cockpit length.

the bike seems flickable so far and im sure im going to enjoy riding it.

however i might invest in some different forks with more travel as i seem to be blowing through the travel on the thors!!

would 160mm forks be ok or should i stick with 150mm.

apart from a knocking from the dw link(which turner are sorting for me along with a new rear end !!) it feels nice and plush.

cheers

steve in the uk

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hi Steve,

Congrats on the bike. I think I saw it for sale on one of the UK forums recently

My experience with this frame (I ride a Large as well) is that 160 mm Lyrics are too big for it. I've been riding it with 1 degree custom Angleset from Saar and Lyrics @ 150 mm for the best part of the season.

Now I switched to 150 mm Revelations. With 1 degree angleset the bike seems quite nice, surefooted and balanced. I'm sure the balance is a matter of personal preference though

Either way you'll find it quite versatile in terms of set up and riding so congrats once again!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    yes unfortunatley due to personnel circumstances i need to free up some cash.

cheers for reminding me that ive got to sell the bike ive been working my way upto over the past 2 years !!!!!

parts leftover
    Sorry, just seemed odd that you'd post your new ride one day and put it up for sale the day after. I understand cash-flow issue, though.