Morning Ride Pic- Mtbr.com
    Leash Law Enforcer

Morning Ride Pic

I tried to take some more self-timed shots this morning. This is the only one that has me in it. It actually came out kind of cool I think. I took it right at the edge of a stair step section I really like.

I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere, but I am curious as to what other cameras everyone is using. I'm using a Canon PowerShot A75 and I hate the self-timer feature. The longest time it allows is 10 seconds before taking the shot. It is near impossible for me to set the camera up in a good place, push the button and get back on the bike and riding within 10 seconds. Any suggestions for a better camera?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Sanchez
    Pinche, get some riding buddies, so they can take the pics for you! You still coming out for Thanksgiving?

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Pinche, get some riding buddies, so they can take the pics for you! You still coming out for Thanksgiving?
    I haven't had much luck finding people who can ride early mornings on the weekdays. Most people have this obligation called "work" where they have to be somewhere at a certain time. I'm still trying to figure out what that's all about.

Thanksgiving looks like a go right now. How does Little Creek sound?

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch

Thanksgiving looks like a go right now. How does Little Creek sound?
    Little Creek sounds good. If you decide to bring your A-game, and a full face helmet, I will take you on Grafton Mesa as well. That place is a hoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Leash Law Enforcer
    Don't know about Grafton. My wife is pregnant with #3 and I would like to stick around to see him/her. Take good care of my cuz in Moab!

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    I tried to take some more self-timed shots this morning. This is the only one that has me in it. It actually came out kind of cool I think. I took it right at the edge of a stair step section I really like.

I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere, but I am curious as to what other cameras everyone is using. I'm using a Canon PowerShot A75 and I hate the self-timer feature. The longest time it allows is 10 seconds before taking the shot. It is near impossible for me to set the camera up in a good place, push the button and get back on the bike and riding within 10 seconds. Any suggestions for a better camera?
    Timer shots are tough, but I have a Pentax Optio 43WR that can be set up to take dozens of shots at 10 second intervals after an initial 1 minute wait. Once you set up the camera, you can just ride back and forth through your shot. Most of the pictures will be crap, but once in a while one will turn out. This camera also takes 640x480 30 fps video that looks pretty darn good. The new Pentax models are even better. I think the Canons take more vivid pictures overall, but the waterproof Pentax models are pretty good. I don't know if the Canon offerings take sequences or can be submerged like my camera can.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Members who have read this thread: 0