Maveric DUC vs 1950's CZ motorbike....?- Mtbr.com
    ... I guess you won't be

Maveric DUC vs 1950's CZ motorbike....?

At a recent vintage motorcycle show, I spied this fork from a rare twin pipe 150cc CZ motorbike....the fork is almost identical in design to the Maverick DUC [has dust boots too!]....everything's been done before, eh.........

also check out the cool pull-shock w/ linkage that suspends the seat on the same motorbike - very clever and elegant engineering.........

FYI, for all the other cool vintage bikes I saw [yes, Giacomo Agostini was riding his '74 GP bike], click below:
    https://racerxgrl.smugmug.com/gallery/1490225/1

mtbr member
    Man thats a sweet old bike!

Whatever

Paul Turner was/is a motocross guy

Supposedly was a very good suspension tuner. He reads MTBR... I wonder if that was the genesis for the DUC32?

... I guess you won't be
    I wonder if that was the genesis for the DUC32?
    I would guess not - I think a coincidence of design is more likely, but I wonder if the CZ has the same type of unconventional, pared down, steerer tube arrangement as the DUC...? Now, that would be a back to the future zapper!

Whatever

What steerer tube?

It doesn't even look like there is a steerer tube...more like a steerer joint. I wonder how those held up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Drunken haze

Quote Originally Posted by MINImtnbiker
    Supposedly was a very good suspension tuner. He reads MTBR... I wonder if that was the genesis for the DUC32?
    Paul Turner's inspiration reputedly came from sitting on a football field drinking beer, and gazing up at the football posts in his drunken haze.

Speaking of design inspiration, does Jon Whyte have something against people fiddling with the boost valve pressure and settings on their DHX-Airs?:

Members who have read this thread: 0