Marzocchi 2007 fork for 5 Spot? not much to chose from...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Marzocchi 2007 fork for 5 Spot? not much to choose from...

So now that Marz thinks 5" travel bikes are obsolete it doesn't leave many options. After looking at their A-C length chart, other than the AM1 SL, the best fit options are the 80-100mm travel models. Nice.
    Last edited by highroller; 09-05-2006 at 07:19 AM.

I've got a Stiffee
    One word: Pike

not so super...
    Looks like the AM, XC and Z1 series forks could fit the bill perfectly for the Spot, depending on the riders use.
    Nothing to see here.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    One word: Pike
    Second that. Awesome fork. Very versatile, very adjustable.Maxle: unbelievable! Fork/wheel combo only added half a pound over Revelation.
    Astigmatic Visionary

El Borracho
    The AM1SL and Z1 are both great choices for the spot. I replaced a fox vanilla 125rlc with a Z1 light on my spot. The Z1 is so much better there simply is no comparison between the two. I would recommend the AM, Z1 or Pike.
    Just because everyone says your wrong, it doesn't make you right. But it is a pretty good indication.
    - El Borracho -

Elitest thrill junkie
    So now that Marz thinks 5" travel bikes are obsolete it doesn't leave many options. After looking at their A-C length chart, other than the AM1 SL, the best fit options are the 80-100mm travel models. Nice.
    Are you taking into account the varying axle to crown lengths caused by the travel adjustments?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

trail fairy
    Marzed it (06AM)

then

PIKED it (06 454 Uturn)

I can say it'll stay PIKED it rocks no other choice for Spot IMO its that good

Now go get a Pike 454 set it up right and kick butt.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Marzed it (06AM)

then

PIKED it (06 454 Uturn)

I can say it'll stay PIKED it rocks no other choice for Spot IMO its that good

Now go get a Pike 454 set it up right and kick butt.

What do you like about the pike more then the AM1?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Are you taking into account the varying axle to crown lengths caused by the travel adjustments?
    I thought about it. I was mostly just ranting because forks are getting longer every year and I don't buy a bigger bike every year. I'm not entirely interested in paying big dollars for a 551mm A-C fork with 120-160mm travel to get a 120-130mm fork my 5Spot. I don't really want a 80-130mm dirt jumper or xc fork either.

Oh well...there are other fork companies.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Pretty soon we will all be lusting after bikes with 15 inches of travel and 25 cogs on the cassette.

trail fairy
    006_007
    What do you like about the pike more then the AM1?
    As the Chezzey one says they feel as good as each other just different.

If ya like the Marz feel and ya only know what I mean if youve ridden one, buttery smooth and cadillacy the PIKE is not like this but its still very smooth and soaks up the trails differently, the A2C is much better at its full travel setting and is just stiff with 20mm maxle all in all it is just a good fit for the Spot and its light and super strong.

Course setup is key and theres plenty of good info on the T board to setup.

Im still a big Marz fan and will probably look at a 66 for the RFX but the PIKE (454 U turn) is just right for the Spot IMO if ya want a Spot to be at its full potential.

Im not sure about the 07 AMs look like they have gone for a bob each way which may suit alot of people, Im still not overly keen on lightweight 6-6inch travel bikes to me its the realm of the 5inch / 6inch crossover but I guess time will tell.

Cheers
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Lay off the Levers
    I agree with TA on the feel difference. I replaced my AM1 (Z1am) with a P454UTA and while they both feel great they are quite different.
    The Zoke constantly prods you to ride harder... It whisper bad things and will try to make you hurt youself like schizo episode. "Go ahead, jump it wimp!" "Bring it on you pu$$y"... then when you pound the bajeebies out of it and it just laughs. It really kept me wondering at what point would the fork actually feel overwhelmed.

The Pike is more like a Puma.. It's plenty tough. Plenty smooth too. Hard to characterize but it's got a phantom-coil-like feeling. Smooth, fairly linear yet very responsive in ways the Zoke isn't. It also has much better compression control than my AM1 did. Easier to keep supple w/o brake dive in the corners and riding the brakes down steep rollers. Overall a lighter more responsive feeling, more nimble but less hazzard provoking. I can't say I overwhelmed the Pike either but then It never "asked" me to try.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 09-06-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Members who have read this thread: 0