Like Another Hole in My Head Revisited....- Mtbr.com
    Probably drunk right now

Like Another Hole in My Head Revisited....

Well, as some of you may recall, I posted a couple of months ago after having ridden a 5-Spot out in Fruita. The purpose of my post was to ask for reasons to avoid purchasing a Turner.

Again, as you may recall, not one of you bast@rds provided a single reason to avoid a purchase and in fact, most of you actually encouraged me to buy the bike.

Since I'm weak and can't control my bike addiction, I've done just that. I've purchased the following from Over the Edge Sports in Fruita, Colorado http://www.otesports.com/ :

1 medium silver 5-spot w/ a Romic Shock
    1 Psylo fork
    1 King headset
    1 XT crankset
    1 XT Front DR
    1 Thompson Stem

The rest of the parts will be pulled from my C-Dale hard tail:

Thompson seatpost
    SRAM gripshift/rear DR
    XT Cassette
    Avid Mech. Discs
    Easton Monkey lite bars

I have a set of Speed Dream Wheels from the C-Dale that I'll swap over to my SS. I'll take the Mavic Crossmax XL's from my SS and put them on the Turner.

Thanks for nothing, you fückers.

A huge thanks, BTW to Troy Rarick at Over The Edge Sports. Troy not only helped me with my decision to purchase the 5-Spot, but he also advised me to on ways to save money by using parts from my existing bike. His advice may have cost him a short term parts sale, but it certainly gained him a long term customer.

Ken

bike moron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC

Again, as you may recall, not one of you bast@rds provided a single reason to avoid a purchase and in fact, most of you actually encouraged me to buy the bike.

Misery loves company!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Suffer

Now you can suffer like we do. In fact, I just got through suffering for the last 3 hours on that bike I just can't seem to wipe the grin offa my face.

Congrats on the purchase. You'll love the bike.

Lay off the Levers
    ...as you may recall, not one of you bast@rds provided a single reason to avoid a purchase and in fact, most of you actually encouraged me to buy the bike.
    You think you're unhappy now? Just wait until you ride the bike...actually just wait until you have to stop riding it...heh heh... you'll spend all your waking moments planning your next ride, and staring at it in your garage.

You're in for it now buddy boy.

Congrats...one of us! one of us! one of us!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Baked Alaskan

must have missed that thread

Thanks for nothing, you fückers.

Ken
    I'll give you a few:

1. You don't want to spend the 2 minutes each month squirting grease into the silky smooth and oh-so-tight pivots, instead you prefer to listed to crud grinding in your "sealed" bearings when your suspension is working.

2. You don't want to own one of the hottest rides on the market right now, with great service, a warranty that's easy to decipher and a company that stands behind their product. ;o)

3. You're not interested in a 7.3 pound frame that climbs much better than 5" should, descends like a beast and handles like its on rails... and its durable.

4. Romic... but they turned mine around lightning quick so its not that bad. And most seem to have no problems what-so-ever.

5. Your build looks like most of the others here, around 30 pounds of pure mountain biking fun, so now you're gonna be happy like the rest of us.

6. When the credit card bill arrives, well I'm sorry cause I've been there too. But by then hopefully you'll have ridden it a ton, so writing that check becomes a lot easier. Mine was pretty much paid for befire I even saw it, so for me it was tough... until I hit the trail the first time.

I can go on, but you've already placed the order so its really pointless. Post some pics and riding impressions/buyers remorse or whatever when it arrives.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Welcome to the club.

It only gets worse in a really good way.

Just wait till you get the NEED to upgrade........it can be quite contagious. I had this disease it for awhile but got on the 12 step program. Unfortunally I fell off the wagon this week already so I am going to have to work through this problem............LOL

But I feel soooooo good when I fall off the wagon.......except for the hit on the wallet when I have to pay for the good stuff I NEED........