Let's get moving DT (RFX).- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

how heavy are you ??

wow

all i can say is WOW......
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

mtbr member
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    No thanks. I'd wait for the RFX or if desperate for LT go with an Uzzi.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

years

They have been working on that thing for YEARS! Look at the linkage layout, similar to the All Mountain Mojo that came out when!? Ease up on my a$$ will ya, I had to get 3, THREE other models out in the last couple years, oh, and lets not forget the DHR protos and revisions etc. Then imagine building a luxury spec home in a uhhh, flat market.... How you build that place is gonna mean a lot. I have to be very carefull to piss of just the right amount of people so that I know I am on the right track, but not most of the people as I do want to eventually sell the thing. The amount of cubic dollars in the development of a simple little US made bicycle is staggering. Anyone care to sponsor the Highline? How 'bout that 'little bro' to the Sultan some were pining for last week?You lay out a light 6 figure check and I will put you in touch with DW and we can have some fun, of course since 'you' are paying for the project it can move a bit quicker I promise, just don't expect to be paid back for a few years. Anyone?

The RFX PROTOs are being built right now. PROTOs. The RFX has a hella reputation to uphold, so I am extremely nervous about it's final details. I have shared the specs already, the details as well. Yes it will be ISCG, you can run HS if you want. I know I will try it. Yes it will have tapered, 66* HT. If nothing else just to see how upset TA can really get when he sees it! Seriously, I want to hear what lots of riders say, including those that have dealerships and distributerships all over the world. It will have the X12 dropout, as putting a DH rear axle thru dropouts on the trail is a pain in the arse, so having 'stops' seems like a good idea. Maybe people will hate it, maybe the industry will abandon it?

DT

locked - time out
    So I have to Sell the 1.5 Float 36. Buy a 170 Lyrik , tapered. Then hope my new Hadley 10x135 can be converted to 12x135 (if that's even possible).

This bike is gonna be "high maintenance".

Looking forward to it.

banned
    Thanks for the update, DT.

The amount of cubic dollars in the development of a simple little US made bicycle is staggering.
    You mean the back room over there doesn't look like this:

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Then hope my new Hadley 10x135 can be converted to 12x135 (if that's even possible).
    You can convert your Hadley from 10 x 135 to 12 x 135, I just did this to mine a few months ago. However, the X12 is sometihng like 142 wide or something like that, so Hadley and the other hub guys are going to have to make special end-caps for the axles. Hopefully there is no strange wheel dishing required as well.

Thanks for the info DT. But I must say your post came across a little bit "whiney".

I understand where you are coming from though. But I've went through 2 frames while waiting for the DW RFX, and I know there are others like me waiting to drop the hammer on this thing once it hits. Just please do not give it a BB over 14", 13.8" with zero-stack HS, 545 AC fork and real tires would rule, in my opinion anyway. Everything else sounds perfect.

Also, you talked about running an 18" seat-tube on the large a while back, I think 18" on the lg and 20 on the XL would be killer, any info on this would be appreciated.

Also, I sure hope the rear shock is staying at a 8.5 x 2.5 unit, as I just invested in one that I hope to be able to revalve and move over to the new RFX.

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    Then imagine building a luxury spec home in a uhhh, flat market....
    DT
    So that's what's taking so long for the DW DHR and RFX
    Too many toys, not enough time.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    You can convert your Hadley from 10 x 135 to 12 x 135, I just did this to mine a few months ago. However, the X12 is sometihng like 142 wide or something like that, so Hadley and the other hub guys are going to have to make special end-caps for the axles. Hopefully there is no strange wheel dishing required as well.

B
    Hopefully Hadley comes up with something.

If anything its an excuse to buy yet another Hub

mtbr member
    So I have to Sell the 1.5 Float 36. Buy a 170 Lyrik , tapered. Then hope my new Hadley 10x135 can be converted to 12x135 (if that's even possible).

This bike is gonna be "high maintenance".

Looking forward to it.
    You'd be converting to 12 x 142 for the X12 standard.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    You'd be converting to 12 x 142 for the X12 standard.
    Using a 135mm hub by the sound of it. Just need endcaps with 3.5mm spacing on either end. Correct me if I'm wrong. trying to remember what I read on Syntace website.

Perhaps DT could clear things up since this is all his fault!!!

mtbr member
    I have to agree with Boris re the seat tube. After riding the RFX in the Alps on super-tech trails a couple of times now, I really wish I could lower the saddle more (large frame). 18" ST on a large would be perfect.

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Awesome. Didn't mean to "hit a nerve;" I know you have had "a lot on your plate." My biggest concern, even though I'm not a Homer (yet), is that you might be losing market share.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store.
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

Bandolero

Official Approval for Transfer Reqeusted

Dear mr. Dt. This Is A Request For Urgent Business Relationship

First, I Must Solicit Your Strictest Confidence In This Transaction. This Is By Virtue Of Its Nature As Being Utterly Confidential And 'top Secret'. I Am Sure And Have Confidence Of Your Ability And Reliability To Prosecute A Transaction Of This Great Magnitude Involving A Pending Opportunity Requiring Maxiimum Confidence.

We Are Top Officials Of The new Mexico Bandoleros Who Are Interested In Utilization Of Your Proto-type Bicycle - 2010 Turner Rfx, Presently Trapped In Development. In Order To Commence This Testing Business We Solicit Your Assistance To Enable Us Transfer Into Our Possesion The Said Trapped pro-type Development 2010 Rfx Bicycle.

Please,note That This Transaction Is 100% Safe And We Hope To Commence The Transfer Latest Seven (7) Working/bandolero Days From The Date Of The Receipt Of This Mbtr Notice. This Way We Will Use Your Company's Name To Apply For Fame And Fortune And Re-award The Top-secret Photos Of Your Company's Name.

We Are Looking Forward To Doing This Business With You And Solicit Your Confidentiality In This Transaction. Please Acknowledge The Receipt Of This Mtbr Turner Forum Postin. I Will Send You Detailed Information Of This Pending New Mexico Bandolero Project When I Have Heard From You.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Nota-knob
    Assistant To The Deputy Assistant Dirctor
    New Mexico Bandoleros

Note; Please Quote This Reference Number (ve/s/09/99) In All Your Responses.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

trail fairy
    They have been working on that thing for YEARS! Look at the linkage layout, similar to the All Mountain Mojo that came out when!? Ease up on my a$$ will ya, I had to get 3, THREE other models out in the last couple years, oh, and lets not forget the DHR protos and revisions etc. Then imagine building a luxury spec home in a uhhh, flat market.... How you build that place is gonna mean a lot. I have to be very carefull to piss of just the right amount of people so that I know I am on the right track, but not most of the people as I do want to eventually sell the thing. The amount of cubic dollars in the development of a simple little US made bicycle is staggering. Anyone care to sponsor the Highline? How 'bout that 'little bro' to the Sultan some were pining for last week?You lay out a light 6 figure check and I will put you in touch with DW and we can have some fun, of course since 'you' are paying for the project it can move a bit quicker I promise, just don't expect to be paid back for a few years. Anyone?

The RFX PROTOs are being built right now. PROTOs. The RFX has a hella reputation to uphold, so I am extremely nervous about it's final details. I have shared the specs already, the details as well. Yes it will be ISCG, you can run HS if you want. I know I will try it. Yes it will have tapered, 66* HT. If nothing else just to see how upset TA can really get when he sees it! Seriously, I want to hear what lots of riders say, including those that have dealerships and distributerships all over the world. It will have the X12 dropout, as putting a DH rear axle thru dropouts on the trail is a pain in the arse, so having 'stops' seems like a good idea. Maybe people will hate it, maybe the industry will abandon it?

DT
    Haha DT lol, I won't get upset, it will be what it will be, atleast Im not posting 50 threads about "where it is" when and how much, each week and stirring the pot!

I just have firm ideas of what I like in a bike and ow it will fit in the future and keeping the Turner renowned flexibility of franeken Turners that can morph into any rider!

So no pressure from me, get some good nights sleeps don't stress, these walley's can just wait I'm in no rush

Ah just re read the tapered HT oh well guess I'll be on th elok out for an 08 HL..
    Last edited by trailadvent; 07-28-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005
    How about a split-pivot HL?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Sometime in Summer of 2010 then we are saying ? I sort of think this frame coming last in the DW lineup can only its final design right ?

I'll just keep riding the crap out of my 02 and stashing the ca$h in the RFX jar.
    All about the ride

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Now THAT is some funny sh*t!

Roy
    mtbr member
    They have been working on that thing for YEARS! Look at the linkage layout, similar to the All Mountain Mojo that came out when!? Ease up on my a$$ will ya, I had to get 3, THREE other models out in the last couple years, oh, and ...

Does anyone else hear violins? I swear I'm hearing violins.

Build More = Ride More
    If sales are important, then why make the new RFX not as accessible as the last one?

A lot of people are going to be turned off by having to buy new or modify old hubs, and buy a new fork that fits as designed. Is Marzocchi going to make a tapered 66 fork? sure, I could use a 11/8th fork, but that would look silly.

I don't buy Turner for the latest and greatest tech or hype. Sure there could be small advantages to the changes, but damn, just get a good solid DW linked RFX out the door and worry about making those other leaps down the road. Plus, it will give people incentive to "upgrade" to the next greatest DW bike in the future.

I can somewhat swallow tapered HT, but the new rear end standard is just getting retarded. If you want to make it stiffer, just add more metal to the rear triangle.

You can guarantee 100% that I will not be buying a DW RFX if it becomes too mutated and proprietary. Personal preference aside, I agree with TA, sales will only go down with a tapered HT over a 1.5 HT. Let the big boys figure it out for a couple of years and then see if it is the right choice.

Specialized can afford to make huge mistakes, you can't.

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    .....Yes it will have tapered, 66* HT....

DT
    Slacker than a Highline?

Speedbump

Ah, the old dilemma...

Do you want it done right or done fast? Can't have both. I think we all know the answer. If it wasn't done right, it wouldn't be a Turner.

Can't blame us for be impatient though. And, thanks for the little preview!
    Crunchy. Even in mud.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    Slacker than a Highline?
    Niiice
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Foward thinking. Maxles, rear thru-axles, 1 piece rear triangles, dw-links...that's all good. I'd rather have a better interface system that's lighter than excess chunky monkey metal bits.

As a clyde, I'm all for a stiffer rear wheel interface. not so much an E2 fan. I'll have to sell that brand new 1.5 Fox 36 that was waiting for the next gen RFX.

DT, any hydroformed tubes?

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    If sales are important, then why make the new RFX not as accessible as the last one?

A lot of people are going to be turned off by having to buy new or modify old hubs, and buy a new fork that fits as designed. Is Marzocchi going to make a tapered 66 fork? sure, I could use a 11/8th fork, but that would look silly.

I don't buy Turner for the latest and greatest tech or hype. Sure there could be small advantages to the changes, but damn, just get a good solid DW linked RFX out the door and worry about making those other leaps down the road. Plus, it will give people incentive to "upgrade" to the next greatest DW bike in the future.

I can somewhat swallow tapered HT, but the new rear end standard is just getting retarded. If you want to make it stiffer, just add more metal to the rear triangle.

You can guarantee 100% that I will not be buying a DW RFX if it becomes too mutated and proprietary. Personal preference aside, I agree with TA, sales will only go down with a tapered HT over a 1.5 HT. Let the big boys figure it out for a couple of years and then see if it is the right choice.

Specialized can afford to make huge mistakes, you can't.

mtbr member

DT
    I think that maybe you're Overengineering the Bikes. DW-Link Highline....Take the RFX, add 25%-50% of material everywhere, tweak the Linkage and the Geo a bit to get more travel and that's all.

A shorter Version of the Sultan.... Keep Everything the same, tweak the Linkage and maybe the Geo, and your done Again.

If the new models sell well, go crazy with FEA Analisis or whatever the next year and make them a little bit lighter.

Snapper

wtf

Holy crapper................................. you make me embaressed to be a Turner owner. So the MOJO LT comes out......................... The Mojo is one of the flexiest bikes l have ever ridden........ POS.

Lossing market share, hurry DT, why you waiting, holy f*ck are you all for real. Do you currently own a bicycle you can ride on the dirt, feel the wind in your hair and smell the flowers. How do you possibly think this one bike is going to make you complete and raise your riding to mystical levels. I could understand if this was an invention that will revolutionise the sport for the elite professionals looking for that extra enhancement to dominate the world.

If you fit that criterior then l imagine you and DT would be on personal speaking terms and probably involved in the development of this groundbreaking development. For f*ck sake it is a 6 inch travel frame not the coming of Christ.

You really think the new DW Turners are walking out the door in this economic climate. I picked up an 08 Spot at a third of the cost of the DW and many other have as well. Buy a Spot DW, Highline or 08 RFX if you are so desperate or line up for the Mojo LT and join their retarded forum.

I dont know Dave Turner but l know R and D / licencing / management / and business capability. DT aint whining but going to extra lengths to answer your questions (or were they statements).

You need to go for a ride and chill the f*ck out.

Mr Turner thanks for designing and building my 08 Spot, selling it to me cheap and honoring your warranty / customer service, it has been alot of fun (for a bike). Goodluck with your business and hope you make it through these difficult times. You arent missing out on a damn thing.

Nice response AT

JD

nothing relevant to say
    that guy totally stole my avatar....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    Awesome. Didn't mean to "hit a nerve;" I know you have had "a lot on your plate." My biggest concern, even though I'm not a Homer (yet), is that you might be losing market share.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store.
    Ya know what's kinda funny about this comparison, DT already has a wicked long travel, DW Link slayer, it's called the 5.5 Spot. I am currently (but after this weekend, not for long) riding one of his competitiors 2009, 160mm travel all mountain bikes, & after test riding the DW Spot side by side, I was blown away, to say the least. Even with less travel than my bike, it still smokes it on the steepest & rockiest descents. I will now do whatever I can to get my hands on the Spot for my next new trail bike. Believe me, it's not about the amount of travel, but the quality of it, & he & DW have got it nailed, so I can't even imagine how good the new DHR's & RFX's are gonna ride!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    Slacker than a Highline?
    No way it's slacker than my highline, just slacker than the "I gotta drop my BB an extra 1/4th an inch so I'll run my highline with a Talas 160, 2.3" tires and a no-stack headset" highline.

Slacker than a highline running a 180 66, Totem or 888 (the types of forks that should be on highlines)?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnd663
    Holy crapper................................. you make me embaressed to be a Turner owner. So the MOJO LT comes out......................... The Mojo is one of the flexiest bikes l have ever ridden........ POS.

Lossing market share, hurry DT, why you waiting, holy f*ck are you all for real. Do you currently own a bicycle you can ride on the dirt, feel the wind in your hair and smell the flowers. How do you possibly think this one bike is going to make you complete and raise your riding to mystical levels. I could understand if this was an invention that will revolutionise the sport for the elite professionals looking for that extra enhancement to dominate the world.

If you fit that criterior then l imagine you and DT would be on personal speaking terms and probably involved in the development of this groundbreaking development. For f*ck sake it is a 6 inch travel frame not the coming of Christ.

You really think the new DW Turners are walking out the door in this economic climate. I picked up an 08 Spot at a third of the cost of the DW and many other have as well. Buy a Spot DW, Highline or 08 RFX if you are so desperate or line up for the Mojo LT and join their retarded forum.

I dont know Dave Turner but l know R and D / licencing / management / and business capability. DT aint whining but going to extra lengths to answer your questions (or were they statements).

You need to go for a ride and chill the f*ck out.

Mr Turner thanks for designing and building my 08 Spot, selling it to me cheap and honoring your warranty / customer service, it has been alot of fun (for a bike). Goodluck with your business and hope you make it through these difficult times. You arent missing out on a damn thing.

Nice response AT

JD
    I found it funny how people commented that they HAD TO buy two bikes in the time they've been waiting for the RFX.

Really, I guess people now turn over frames out of habit.

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    Have you looked at what X12 is yet? If not, get your google machine going and check it out. This one is here to stay, and you are going to see a LOT of bikes using it in 2010 and 2011. I've already been involved in 6 bikes that will use it. The X12 has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with increasing frame stiffness (beyond the use of a 12mm axle). It just uses extended axles on the hub so that the rear wheel can locate to the frame so that when you put your 12mm axle through you don't have to hold the hub in place while you install the axle. It's a convenience thing, and like I said, it's here to stay.

I don't know, personally I like things to be easier, so I am all for it.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock
    I think that maybe you're Overengineering the Bikes. DW-Link Highline....Take the RFX, add 25%-50% of material everywhere, tweak the Linkage and the Geo a bit to get more travel and that's all.

A shorter Version of the Sultan.... Keep Everything the same, tweak the Linkage and maybe the Geo, and your done Again.

If the new models sell well, go crazy with FEA Analisis or whatever the next year and make them a little bit lighter.
    Ahhhh, if only it was that simple..
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

I'm more of a dog person

E-engineering at it's finest

locked - time out
    Lets talk about the 170 Lyrik. I called SRAM to confirm an A2C. Its 555.
    This fork is gonna rule! 4.8#'s solo air with DH damper. Oh YEAH!!!

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    No way it's slacker than my highline, just slacker than the "I gotta drop my BB an extra 1/4th an inch so I'll run my highline with a Talas 160, 2.3" tires and a no-stack headset" highline.

Slacker than a highline running a 180 66, Totem or 888 (the types of forks that should be on highlines)?
    Do you know what the headangle is on your Highline?

Moosehead
    Well at least the tapered head is attractive, stiffer than a 1.5, way lighter than a 1.5, is compatible with existing forks, and shouldn't cost much to produce. Plus, consumers are lining up for 'em.

Makes nearly as much sense as building a luxury spec home in 2009.

I kid, I kid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Outcast
    I think that maybe you're Overengineering the Bikes. Take the RFX, add 25%-50% of material everywhere, yadda yadda yadda, and that's all. .
    Hey I own that bike; it's called a 2002 RFX. I don't think I want to pay in excess of $2500.00 for another one.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Great post.

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I found it funny how people commented that they HAD TO buy two bikes in the time they've been waiting for the RFX.

Really, I guess people now turn over frames out of habit.
    Yeah, riding lots of different supsension designs, frame geometries, shocks and components over prolonged periods of time (longer than 1-2 "demo" rides, I'm talking weeks and months of riding) on similar trails so one can actually make informed observations and decisions is totally stupid.....

B

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    that guy totally stole my avatar....
    I was here first...you stole mine...

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    Yeah, riding lots of different supsension designs, frame geometries, shocks and components over prolonged periods of time (longer than 1-2 "demo" rides, I'm talking weeks and months of riding) on similar trails so one can actuall make informed observations and decisions is totally stupid.....

B
    yea, all that, and still no PRO REVIEW from you yet.

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    yea, all that, and still no PRO REVIEW from you yet.
    I've got lots of airport time coming up this weekend so a review will be coming soon. I have crossed the 50 mile mark on it and played with all the settings quite a bit and have a pretty good feel for it.

B

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My Highline with a Fox 40, king headset, and 2.5 tires is right at 65.5-66 degrees.

Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Have you looked at what X12 is yet? If not, get your google machine going and check it out. This one is here to stay, and you are going to see a LOT of bikes using it in 2010 and 2011. I've already been involved in 6 bikes that will use it. The X12 has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with increasing frame stiffness (beyond the use of a 12mm axle). It just uses extended axles on the hub so that the rear wheel can locate to the frame so that when you put your 12mm axle through you don't have to hold the hub in place while you install the axle. It's a convenience thing, and like I said, it's here to stay.

I don't know, personally I like things to be easier, so I am all for it.
    Sure X12 sounds great and I have looked at it. But it's not that hard to hold the wheel in place while you insert the axle. From a strictly evolutionary standpoint it's great. My Rockshox Pike has a similar concept and I agree it's more convenient to set the wheel into the notches and then put the axle in. But I also have a 66 which I have to hold the wheel when installing. Not that big of a deal.
    If the current crop of hubs cannot be easily retrofitted to X12 compatibility then that is kind of sucky.
    Replaceable dropouts would be a better idea. So you can migrate to X12 if you want but still stay with standard 135. The Intense Uzzi can run 135 or 150. Some people have a lot of money invested in their current wheelset.

mtbr member
    What amazes me is that the degree of testing, thought and engineering that goes into these bikes. Not as simple as welding a few baseball bats together and throwing some wheels on as your weekend project. I'm patiently waiting as well, in time this will happen and the RFX will be gooooood!!!!

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider
    Have him check the BB height while he's at it.

Just roll it......
    Those are some classic quotes there JohnD! Two of my faves right here....

How do you possibly think this one bike is going to make you complete and raise your riding to mystical levels....

...For f*ck sake it is a 6 inch travel frame not the coming of Christ.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    14.5" BB height, 2.5" Front and Rear, setup 8"x7"

Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Have him check the BB height while he's at it.

banned
    Lets talk about the 170 Lyrik. I called SRAM to confirm an A2C. Its 555.
    This fork is gonna rule! 4.8#'s solo air with DH damper. Oh YEAH!!!
    I'm waiting on this one as well. Was thinking at some point a Totem would be for me, but this a2c is perfect, along with the weight.

What's the story with the damping improvements (if any)?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update, DT.

You mean the back room over there doesn't look like this:

That must be Greg and Jarrett.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryana
    14.5" BB height, 2.5" Front and Rear, setup 8"x7"

Ryan.
    Yeah, I think mine is 14.2 to 14.5, with an 8" front fork. A 180mm single crown has a similer axle to crown, unless you are using something like a talas or lyric, it's probably going to be at least 66, although using a small front tire and zero-stack headset might offest this some.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    This is starting to look good as a RFX/HL substitute maybe?

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/nicolai-helius-afr/

What you guys think? I am a devote Turner rider myself, but like the looks/useages of this for "All Riding".
    Ride On!

banned
    Me, I'd look into Knolly. I'm still somewhat of a Nic fan, but not of going through distributors, and the culture of customer service in Germany. Rather, the lack of customer service in Germany across the board. Ventana, Banshee and Canfield come to mind as well.

Peace & Love
    Me, I'd look into Knolly. I'm still somewhat of a Nic fan, but not of going through distributors, and the culture of customer service in Germany. Rather, the lack of customer service in Germany across the board. Ventana, Banshee and Canfield come to mind as well.
    just cuz the Germans (and Americans) hate you, its not appropriate to generalize customer service based on your experience

Snapper
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    just cuz the Germans (and Americans) hate you, its not appropriate to generalize customer service based on your experience

forget the comment

For f*ck sake it is a 6 inch travel frame not the coming of Christ

when we have the FO-Choisen One with lines like- just cuz the Germans hate you

or

One Liner -Messiah

Classic FO will one day be a term used to refer to (or define) ones' irreverence or E- Sledging for all matters (not just Homerizing). In Australia we call it sh&t stirring and is an art held in the highest esteem and encouraged from a very young age in our culture. The only challenge we have is from the Poms on the cricket field and the Kiwis on the rugby pitch. The Poms have the gift of the gab, the Kiwis reply with sheer force (not need for words).

Oh and to buy two frames while waiting for the one and only RFXDW, just to get by, is frightening.

This thread is starting to stir up the Ibis Forum.......................... they can be ruthless little buggers if tormented.

JD

Peace & Love
    forget the comment

or

One Liner -Messiah

Classic FO will one day be a term used to refer to (or define) ones' irreverence or E- Sledging for all matters (not just Homerizing). In Australia we call it sh&t stirring and is an art held in the highest esteem and encouraged from a very young age in our culture. The only challenge we have is from the Poms on the cricket field and the Kiwis on the rugby pitch. The Poms have the gift of the gab, the Kiwis reply with sheer force (not need for words).

Oh and to buy two frames while waiting for the one and only RFXDW, just to get by, is frightening.

This thread is starting to stir up the Ibis Forum.......................... they can be ruthless little buggers if tormented.

JD
    i agree with you...i think? your funny accent made it hard to follow!

mtbr member
    Us poms beat you convicts in the 2003 rugby world cup final and nearly beat south Africa in the 07 final. We'll win the ashes too.

As for the RFX mid 2010 if we are lucky.

Moosehead
    JD
    Uh, this and literally any other Homer rant is nothing, nada, holds no candle to a certain recent suspension thread over at Chumba.

Classic Fo is much needed over there. It's just too much of a layup to pass up.

Snapper

ccccccccrrrrrryyyyyiiinnnngggggg

Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    Us poms beat you convicts in the 2003 rugby world cup final and nearly beat south Africa in the 07 final. We'll win the ashes too.

As for the RFX mid 2010 if we are lucky.

We will see Wilks, but l am not going to get into a tit for tatt with you over Rugby or Cricket. It will only end up with you (whole nation) crying like drunk pregnant schoolgirls.

JD

trail fairy
    forget the comment

or

One Liner -Messiah

JD
    Ha well said, though us Kiwi's sem to be only good at beating ourselves up these days, we got ya in the last test and well hold onto the miughty Bledisloe cup, the only one that truly matters LOL

But we going down faster than the AIG and the US economy in the professinal are where screwed, go the NPC ban those fricken plasitc wimsuits the ruddy cheating druggis!

Even Phelpsy upset and atelast is taking a stand, which is cool!

Heydidn;t we win the Rugby League World Cup sorry had to mention it, and I think wilks is right the Ahses are going back to the POMs!

But ya got Aussie Rules and KMH now so thats all good

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Snapper
    Yes TA l think you are right about the Poms but not so fast with the Bledisloe just yet. South Africa will whip us all.

That Chumba forum has gone crazy

So is the Ibis Mojo HD one. Precious little f%ckers

JD

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I thought it wasn't suppose to be out until 2010. I can't wait to see the finished product, but honestly it would be 2011 before I can buy one.
    Last edited by Single Track MTBer; 07-31-2009 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

website

Check their website. See the proto RFX. I just stumbled while I was looking for torque specs for my spot

banned
    Sep 2005
    Not at all what I was expecting. Interesting....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Damn, no curved top tube? This 5.5 rider was looking forward to that!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I really like it!! Damn. Who wants to buy a slightly used Highline?? :-)

Elitest thrill junkie
    So who's E-biking this weekend?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Proportion

Is it me or all Turner dwlink bike looks like its out of proportion. I now they perform better than the last generation but for some reason it doesn't look like a normal bike to me. First the Spot, it looks like a sitting dog. Then the rfx super long seat stay and it looks like the rear triangle is bigger that the front, but at least its a normal chainstay not the elevated one.

But I guess if it works better than the last generation, then who cares right?

mtbr member
    May 2008

Complete

%$#$*!
    I think it looks pretty good. Perhaps curve the seatstays a little to line up a little better with the top tube.

I'm more of a dog person
    looks better than the original version imo

Snapper

Where the Mojo?

yeah but it aint no Mojo HD now is it! Come on DT give the people what they want

curved tubing (try the head tube- no ones done that)
    carbon like the Mojo
    adjustable seat and head angles and BB height to make everyone happy and while you are at it could you fix my marriage, improve my income and leave me with a happy ending.

Wow that drawing of THE ONE- RFX-DT-DW is alittle disappointing. I am going back to the Ibis forum. At lest they have pictures of real bikes.

banned
    Damn, it's got to be really hard designing in standover, tire clearance on compression, leverage ratio, and a host of other geometric and linkage factors in.

And at least the 1.5 bottom on the head tube allow geo changes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Wow it looks great!! Doesn't have that too-busy look of the 5Spot rear (or any other DW link bike I saw so far). And the way the top rockers are an extension of the taco is simply elegant. Can't wait to hear ride reports!!!
    Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil. (Do it !?!)

mtbr member
    A colour option of british racing green!! Its mine!

"Its All Good"
    No comment
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Things I like: FD Mounted on the Rear Triangle, Low Leverage Ratio.

Things I dont Like: Tapered HT, Rising-Falling Rate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Nice, looks way better with the straight tubes IMO...Man, decisions decisions when it is available.

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Things I like: FD Mounted on the Rear Triangle, Low Leverage Ratio.

Things I dont Like: Tapered HT, Rising-Falling Rate.
    There is no way that you could know the leverage rate from looking at that picture.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

banned
    Will the lower shock mount be connected to the suspension, or solidly to the mainframe?

steep fast and loose :)
    still holding out for details on the new RFX, but Nicolai keep moving the goal-posts and introducing new models (Helius AM and AFR in the last couple of years) that my interest for the RFX has now dwindled.......

not only that, but the Horst linked Nicolai's still ride GREAT and DW link or not, are just sublime

the RFX is just too late to the party for me unfortunately, but you never say never...............

Peace & Love
    There is no way that you could know the leverage rate from looking at that picture.
    _dw, did you forget what forum you are in? e-riding here allows everything to be analyzed a priori

mtbr member

You have to be kidding, I measured it with the Linkage program. Anyway I'm talking about Leverage Ratio, maybe the leverage Rate is something different????? I don't know exactly the Spring Curve of the Shock if that is what you mean.

So, is the bike designed to work with an Air or Coil Shock? How does it compare with the Pivot Firebird and the Ibis Mojo HD????

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You have to be kidding, I measured it with the Linkage program. Anyway I'm talking about Leverage Ratio, maybe the leverage Rate is something different????? I don't know exactly the Spring Curve of the Shock if that is what you mean.

So, is the bike designed to work with an Air or Coil Shock? How does it compare with the Pivot Firebird and the Ibis Mojo HD????
    You measured it with the "linkage program". I figured that. Hence my saying that there is no way that you could know the leverage rate from looking at that picture. Leverage rate and leverage ratio are interchangeable terminology.

The pivot caps are not concentric with the linkage rotation axes, so the linkage program is incapable of telling you anything useful about this frame. (not to mention that with a dw-link frame, unless your measurements are ALL within 0.5mm of the actual measurements, then you will get wildly varying results) Sorry.

Details on the RFX once I make sure it's cool with Turner that I share them.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    _dw, did you forget what forum you are in? e-riding here allows everything to be analyzed a priori
    I think I had momentary amnesia. I am better now I think..
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Looks great.
    I liked the curved top tube. But it kind of keep w/ the DHR look.
    Tire on the complete kind of distracted me. They seem too large ? Could the tires be scaled down or rim color changed to something other than black ?
    Last edited by greenmacheen; 08-01-2009 at 07:13 AM.
    All about the ride

mtbr member
    You measured it with the "linkage program". I figured that. Hence my saying that there is no way that you could know the leverage rate from looking at that picture. Leverage rate and leverage ratio are interchangeable terminology.

The pivot caps are not concentric with the linkage rotation axes, so the linkage program is incapable of telling you anything useful about this frame. (not to mention that with a dw-link frame, unless your measurements are ALL within 0.5mm of the actual measurements, then you will get wildly varying results) Sorry.

Details on the RFX once I make sure it's cool with Turner that I share them.

Ok, I see what you mean, So you have Photoshoped the caps in the Picture (Looks the same as the Old IF...) to fool Linkage Users, right?? At first I thought that some of them looked a bit weird....

Ok, Ok, You are Evil We'll have to wait a little more.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    "Tire on the complete kind of distracted me. They seem too large ? Could the tires be scaled down or rim color changed to something other than black ?"

Awesomist! This is a fine brand of e speculating/enginerding .

mtbr member
    At least a cheerleader will be able to use the headtube as a bullhorn.

So the front derailleur is e-type or will need to mount to the ISCG tabs.
    Or use this???
    http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5947/320894/0/0

NO replaceable dropouts that change geometry. Boooooooooooooo!
    Last edited by wormvine; 08-01-2009 at 08:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank
    "Tire on the complete kind of distracted me. They seem too large ? Could the tires be scaled down or rim color changed to something other than black ?"

Awesomist! This is a fine brand of e speculating/enginerding .

What's wrong with spec'ing DH tires on a XC rim?

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Question: Realizing that this only a prototype, but it looks like the rockers could rotate up into the "free space" between the top tube and seat tube brace. Is that correct?

mtbr member
    "I can somewhat swallow tapered HT, but the new rear end standard is just getting retarded. If you want to make it stiffer, just add more metal to the rear triangle"

WORD!
    Ride On!

~~~~~~~~
    very cool.
    props for the hard work figuring this thing out.
    lots of different stuff going on there, no reason to question the experts!

banned
    I'm just going to wait for the end product and check in every so often. It stands to reason that it's going be different, although DT mentioned prototyping recently. The 1.5 doesn't get me from the aesthetics point of view, since 1.125 was plenty strong, but any problems would likely have been on the bottom. And I get my wish to at least have that 1.5 bottom. Thanks DT

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    no reason to question the experts!
    Really,

Questions are a good thing it allows too way communication and not one way, that can only be a good thing, we all learn and broaden our horizons that way!

Im not sure what to say about the bike, I will let it sink in, as I won't be ridng one I leave it all to the rest of ya to fight over!

I do like the new website best Tunrer version yet, props to the team there, its not tapered either lol,
    Last edited by trailadvent; 08-01-2009 at 01:40 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

the refurbished one
    wow, looking great!
    but it a little ummer that the rocker cover up the taco which is one of the turner design attribute.

looking forward for the proto pics!
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

Bandolero

Salt Peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    Question: Realizing that this only a prototype, but it looks like the rockers could rotate up into the "free space" between the top tube and seat tube brace. Is that correct?
    I think that feature is the new Turner "Nutcracker."

Taco with a side of Nutcrackers
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Found what appears to be the 2010 website... RFX photos.
    http://www.turnerbikes.com/010/010rfx.html

mtbr member
    What is with the 142mm spacing on the rear????
    I hope they are not spec'ing it with the worthless syntace system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0