mtbr member

LBS funny Sultan comment

Yesterday I left my sizeLarge V1 Sultan at a Spesh/Trek LBS for a shifting issue I couldn't figure out on a new X9 rear der. Picked it up today and arrived to find it leaning against the wall - by itself and 6 feet away from the rack with the rest of the day's repairs. While I was test-riding it my wife asked the mech why my bike was sitting by itself and he said "'cuz his bike will eat those other bikes."

(mech said the shifting issue was because of a flaw in the lining of one of the links of housing, in case you're interested. works perfectly now)

Team Sanchez
    ha ha thats pretty funny

Never enough time to ride
    I have a custy that brings in a Sasquatch sized Sultan from time to time...that thing would eat my XL RFX it's just a plain old big bike! But that is pretty funny! I like it.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

question bout what your mech said

Quote Originally Posted by longshanks
    Yesterday I left my sizeLarge V1 Sultan at a Spesh/Trek LBS for a shifting issue I couldn't figure out on a new X9 rear der. Picked it up today and arrived to find it leaning against the wall - by itself and 6 feet away from the rack with the rest of the day's repairs. While I was test-riding it my wife asked the mech why my bike was sitting by itself and he said "'cuz his bike will eat those other bikes."

(mech said the shifting issue was because of a flaw in the lining of one of the links of housing, in case you're interested. works perfectly now)
    Hey longshanks... I have the same bike with some shifting problems...when you have a moment, can you please elaborate a little on what the prob was and how the mech fixed the problem. Thanks!

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by mow_town
    Hey longshanks... I have the same bike with some shifting problems...when you have a moment, can you please elaborate a little on what the prob was and how the mech fixed the problem. Thanks!
    Judging from his post, I'd say he replaced the offending length of cable housing.

Members who have read this thread: 0