Big Wheel Homer !!

Labor Day....where are you riding?

SsinGa, myself and a couple other big wheel nuts are going to ride and get GPS data for our ride we are leading at the Monte Sano Fat Tire Festival. Some are calling it the "Death March", I guess we'll see after today how tough it will be

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Mammoth

Been here for 2 days, DHR and 5 Spot.

DT

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    My trainer. ( )
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Lay off the Levers
    Did Highland bike park Saturday.
    That place kicked my arse.
    Local stokal today.

XCG what's up with the trainer?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Expert Crasher
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Did Highland bike park Saturday.
    That place kicked my arse.
    Local stokal today.

XCG what's up with the trainer?
    Here's what happened to my shoulder (see vid) Substitute a lot faster OTB-inspired impact for the 250lb lineman. Same landing with arm tucked to side (mine was a one point, shoulder specific landing with legs and left hand tangled up in the bike, the bike pivoted up and over the turned front wheel). Same shock of impact, same rolling around in pain and disbelief, same sling, same pissed expression.

My swelling has gone down a bit, I'm still all bruised up and in a sling, I don't think I actually damaged the rotator cuff area (the impact was on the side) but there's no way I'm riding for awhile. Once I start PT (when???) I'll know the extent of the damage. Cheers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZxrQB3BgpA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZxrQB3BgpA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Flacko
    Mar 2006

I-da-ho

harpers to adams gulch trail to etc etc.

tall fall grasses reek havoc on my allegies!

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Here's what happened to my shoulder (see vid) ...
    Ouch! man that's gotta hurt!
    Heal up...meanwhile while you're on the trainer, why not watch the rewind of the Worlds.

I just went to watch a few mins and couldn't walk away for the whole 2hrs!
    You'll probably burn the tires right off your trainer.

The commentators alone made it an OTB event: "He went down harder than a sh!t in a swimming pool!"
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

McCall, Idaho

Beaver Dam_Small.JPG
    Beaver Dam Peak.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The "Road 44 Trails" on the eastern shoulder of Mt. Hood.

We got rain, and the dirt is great!!!!
    Whining is not a strategy.

locked - time out
    Nederland, CO. 3 days of early fall riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Mcgaffey

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I-81 and I-78 back to NYC from the Shenandoah 100 in VA.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I-81 and I-78 back to NYC from the Shenandoah 100 in VA.
    How did the race go? Did the new Reba perform as expected?

illiterate or intoxicated
    Knebal Springs and Eight Mile trails near Mt. Hood. Ran into (not literally) Freebiker on an orange DW Sultan. Nice traction after rain.
    "One often finds their destiny on the road taken to avoid it" - Master Ugway

trail fairy
    Spring arrived the other day!

Me and Maxxis have been making some great strides in the last few weeks so I hope I can get back to the below to rip this track for a run or too, the RFX is rooting to rip!

Its beautiful spring day here, Ive got my camo shorts on first time in a long time and for the first time in 2 seasons its my first time going full Commando

A comeback is eminent

This place is rocking do dah do dah
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Needed to get some miles before a century road ride next weekend, but not feeling like riding the road bike, took off from the house and rode the Turner O2 15 road miles up to a nice 12 mile singletrack loop:

http://www.runkeeper.com/pub/act/ywXtNAHnqPKA42L5un8Y/

As always, got nice comments during the ride:

- Mile 16 guy1: "wow. Nice Turner. Those are great bikes"
    - Mile 22 guy2: "oh. Hey. A Turner. I have a Burner. How do you like yours?"
    - Mile 26 guy3: "is that a 5 Spot?" 10 minute discussion of Turners follows

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS
    2016 Scott Big Jon

I'm more of a dog person
    Diablo

banned
    Sep 2005
    Saturday was inspiring to say the least.

Sunday: EBT/SBT, Taos, NM. Brutal!

Monday: Topped it off with a final day at Angel Fire, NM. 7 runs of ripping fast DH.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Saturday was inspiring to say the least.

Sunday: EBT/SBT, Taos, NM. Brutal!

Monday: Topped it off with a final day at Angel Fire, NM. 7 runs of ripping fast DH.
    So thats where ya been hiding out in Bandido land

But where are ya riding come Labour weekend?

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005

Ta....

Riding with Bandoleros is laborious .

Keep an eye on the NM board. Angel Fire has some solid DH tracks.

Nice stoke...BTW

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by windhoar
    Knebal Springs and Eight Mile trails near Mt. Hood. Ran into (not literally) Freebiker on an orange DW Sultan. Nice traction after rain.
    Ahh, you ran into David, Jaybo's buddy and neighbor in HR. Sounds like he has been rocking the DW goodness as of late.

I did that same fig-8 loop with my brother yesterday from 3-6pm. Trails were great in that area after the rain, Portland or west of Hood, not so much. Should be a great week of riding here in the NorthWet after all the weekend rain. Heading to Bend on Friday, yipee.
    Ride On!

Team Sanchez
    Saturday Wasea and I shredded Deer Valley. Monday I was up Payson Canyon riding the Blackhawk loop on the 5-spot. 17 miles of buff singletrack.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

got the dhr...
    I rode my dhr for the first time. On a trail on top of the hill i live in. Most people would recognize solstice... kinda rocky, loose, steep, and oh so much fun. On the climb up, some kid: "is that a knolly?" me, and my friend in unison: "no, a super sweet turner" and we rode away ahaha. but I absolutely love the bike.

trail fairy
    Riding with Bandoleros is laborious .

Keep an eye on the NM board. Angel Fire has some solid DH tracks.

Nice stoke...BTW
    LOL

Will do, bit slack at geting beyond the Turner forum, venture into the DH and bypass the rest but will def go there and check er out, looked at ya linky still haven't been able to se pix but sounds wikid

Chur, thats a great spot and its being developed by mainly to guys who are tirelss trail builders will get some good shots of track later this month and post up, and some of the new ones being cut now, ahh love the smell of freshly cut gorse and scrub, Im part time water boy since its all I'm good for but alteast its some sort of contribution!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~

fresh tracks

been working on this line and all it needs now is some tires doing the finish work. I envisioned it as a big bike worthy trail, but wanted to make this sessioning/videoing easier, so the rfx got to do something different. Starting to get scared now at the thought of pinning it on the dhr....

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6495424&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6495424&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

banned
    Sep 2005
    thats awesome!

trail fairy
    Here's osme moar for ya MTN I got mixed up with your Labour day and our Labour weekdn which is still a few weeks away silly me

Still moar reason to post up some picc's Im loving being around the trail builders again, I'm only a lowly Water Boy but hey its great to be there!

My water carrier, slacking on the job getting some shade, its spring and it was over 24deg C

Buddy on the last big dropper this looks sweet wish I could hit it, theres a wee step up gapper before it then and nice ride off this which he could have hit much faster, but the tech is negoitiong the step up and staying on the track, nice feature and safe as well!

Maxxis and his mate playing silly buggers these guys go all day, best buddies

Man down in the top section which is a ripper track

Jack running into the perfect line for the whoops

The digger driver having his way in a berm

No water boy pix sorry

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~
    gorse

it's spreading here but luckily hasn't been an issue on the trails.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    gorse

it's spreading here but luckily hasn't been an issue on the trails.
    Ya the English brought it with them for building hedges back when they colonised the land

Where they cutting is totally new so its not so much clearing existing trails its cutting totally new trails, we've been given a whole new block to play in and its totally cool and wicked for mini Dh and AM riding, should get a good 3.5 minutes of DH on this one with some ups that will require full steam noise to keep up momentum so ya don;t have to do the Mt Psychosis and run while pushing ya bike up, is Summer this ground is like concrete, actually its like that now, but the track will take a month or 2 to bed in, but full of roots drops tree stumps made into jumps drops, off camber full on narl and snarl with just enough room for some 30" bars, nice landing if ya crash, expect for picking out the gorse from ay arse, this area is one of my fav spots it might not look like a picture to some but its real riding techy challenging and raw no ***** stuff, and the good thing is ya don;t have to get huck air to make it that way the terrain is naturally tech, the huckers all crash here

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005
    I'm looking into some chainguides, but honestly, it would have to accomodate a dual ring setup. I haven't seen many (that work) that don't weigh a ton or cost a fortune. Same thing with the HS, just can't justify the cost over function at this point. \

Great pics. Glad your out there in any fashion. Water is essential, but gatorade is better!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Um0tEvQ5gVM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Um0tEvQ5gVM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

trail fairy
    I'm looking into some chainguides, but honestly, it would have to accomodate a dual ring setup. I haven't seen many (that work) that don't weigh a ton or cost a fortune. Same thing with the HS, just can't justify the cost over function at this point. \

Great pics. Glad your out there in any fashion. Water is essential, but gatorade is better!!! <object width="425" height="344">
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Um0tEvQ5gVM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Love that movie!

Adam Sandler rocks all time fav is Happy Gilmore!

Rubbish lol

Dual ring CGs are not heavy, I had one on the SPot and the RFX!

Youre running XTs crank huh?

Sweet, get ya self a BLACKSPIRE stinger dually from price point cheap as chips nutting to lose! about $24USD

you'll kick yaself for not doing it sooner!

HS has huge huge HUGE benefits for ya RFX, but no rush all in good time, my buddy just mounted it to his CF Diggle he was sceptic too, but I sold him on it, now as usual hecan;t stop raving about it, trust me young padawan have I put you wrong yet!

True water is very very important so am feeling like I make a good contribution, and the amber will run sweet at the end of the day too, the boys deserve it!

Ah Im a water man, no artifical stuff for me unless it has malt years and barley in it

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent

Sweet, get ya self a BLACKSPIRE stinger dually from price point cheap as chips nutting to lose! about $24USD

Fine!

trail fairy
    Fine!
    Is this Mrs Mtn ?

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I rode Big Bear