Its here its here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    BBW
    mtbr member

Its here its here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this puppy out

more to come and a ride report after Sunday
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member

Nice!

That is bad ass! I have the Push RT3 on my 09 Spot and I got to say it out performs the RP23 that came with my frame in every way. It has been a great upgrade! How are building that bad boy up? Let us hear about it?

BBW
    mtbr member

bad boy ready

I stay up till 7 AM to finish this beauty.....
    Tonight will do a night ride to test it

Rider 180 RTR
    5 10'

Build
    Frame: medium Brazilian wax
    Fork: Revelation 2010? 150mm.. Pushed
    Wheels: Stans Flow laced to Chris King wit DT 14/15
    Grouppo: mix of Xt and X9. "old 9 speed" Set as a 2x9 with a Truvativ 32 bash
    Bars:Easton Monkey DH
    Stem Easton: 90mm XC90
    Gravitty Dropper 4'' drop
    Goodridge lines/Hopes Mono Mini 180/180 rotors
    Pedals: XTR
    Rear Shock: Pushed RT3
    Upper Headset: 110 ZS
    Lower headset: 40 External cup

Will need to order one of those JNC decals fast, my 5 Spot decal got destroyed just from clamping it on the bike Stand

Questions:
    How can you tell if the Pushed Shock has the big hit installed? How could I check? When I compress the shock all the way with no air in it and attached to the bike I feel a "metal to metal" contact and no "bumper" like I was expecting?
    The frot derrailleur is the same one I was using on the 09 Spot so if has been mod so it doesn't contact the rear triangle.... what else could it be hitting at full compression other than the rear triangle with the seat tube? (1/2 mm from each other at full compression if so?
    Will post a ride report later
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Holy carp, PUSHed front and back? Isn't that cheating?
    The only reply to a fool is silence

mtbr member
    How can you tell if the Pushed Shock has the big hit installed? How could I check? When I compress the shock all the way with no air in it and attached to the bike I feel a "metal to metal" contact and no "bumper" like I was expecting?
    Even with the Big Hit kit installed the shock will go metal to metal when fully compressed. The bumper is designed such that it compresses into the endcap of the shock as to no limit the amount of travel that you get.

Darren

mtbr member

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by BBW

When I compress the shock all the way with no air in it and attached to the bike I feel a "metal to metal" contact and no "bumper" like I was expecting?:
    Wait! Why did you let the air out of a Pushed shock?

Very similar to my 09 Spot give or take a few things! Nice rig! What does it weigh?

mtbr member
    BBW,

Have you ridden the bike yet? Just curious if you have bottoming concerns with that new setup that the guys built.

Darren

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Holy carp, PUSHed front and back? Isn't that cheating?
    All the help I can get baby plus Darren has to eat too and buy toys
    BBW. MS, RD

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    BBW,

Have you ridden the bike yet? Just curious if you have bottoming concerns with that new setup that the guys built.

Darren
    Darren thanks for posting here (amazing, you should be doing something else that "working" on a Sunday night )
    No concerns whatsoever just thought I would feel the bumper or something at the end of the stroke. I was able to run a lower pressure and still not bottom out me like it more better
    Still playing with the Revelation pressure though but today was the first ride and it was SWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT
    Thanks a million
    BBW. MS, RD

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5
    Wait! Why did you let the air out of a Pushed shock?
    ?
    I dunno? curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5
    Very similar to my 09 Spot give or take a few things! Nice rig! What does it weigh?
    my guess is around 28-30 depending on tires and if I'm using the GD or a thompson seatpost.. nothing crazy light
    BBW. MS, RD

Ride and Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    Even with the Big Hit kit installed the shock will go metal to metal when fully compressed. The bumper is designed such that it compresses into the endcap of the shock as to no limit the amount of travel that you get.

Darren
    So what does the big hit kit do?
    Sorry if off topic, but I'm waiting for a new pushed monarch and the harsh bottom out of the stock rp 23 is the only thing keeping me from loving everything about my new ride.

BBW
    mtbr member
    I'm digging this baby... very stable, it takes turns like a crotch rocket... on a rail. What a difference in stability. Also with both ends Pushed I thin its a very respectable performer; have been going WAY faster on places that I would bounce around before.
    Also the Bash guard for some strange reason its making the drivetrain (chain slap) very quiet!!! maybe due to the derrailleur position just to go to 2 rings instead of 3???
    Its a beauty! love the raw too, I'm glad I waited.
    Still tweaking the pressures but Very very nice
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    Also the Bash guard for some strange reason its making the drivetrain (chain slap) very quiet!!! maybe due to the derrailleur position just to go to 2 rings instead of 3???
    The derailleur position should not change between a 3 ring or two ring + bash setup (other than the outer limit screw), but the chain should be shorter without the big ring, which would certainly reduce chain slap.

Nice looking bike, glad to hear you're liking it. Hoping to ride an '11 Spot at some point to see how it compares to my '09.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    The derailleur position should not change between a 3 ring or two ring + bash setup (other than the outer limit screw), but the chain should be shorter without the big ring, which would certainly reduce chain slap.

Nice looking bike, glad to hear you're liking it. Hoping to ride an '11 Spot at some point to see how it compares to my '09.
    I didn't shorten the chain so no idea there... if you want to jump to TX, you can try mine
    BBW. MS, RD

Members who have read this thread: 0