Dream it, Do it.

Interbike 2016 live blog on Instagram Stories & Facebook: What do you want to see?

What do you want to see from Interbike 2016?

I'll be at Interbike from Sept 19 to Sept 22 next week and am taking requests on demo bikes to ride & new products to cover. I'll be focusing mainly on short travel 27.5" bikes, 27.5+ bikes, long-travel 29ers and new wheels & tires.

If my data connection in Las Vegas is willing, I'm trying something new this year with a live blog of photos and video updated throughout the day of both the Outdoor Demo and the Show as well as the bike reviews and new product coverage that we've done in the past such as the ones on our review page at DIRT MERCHANT BIKES Reviews

Our blog schedule will be:

Monday, Sept 19 & Tuesday, Sept 20:
    Demo bike rides from Outdoor Demo

Wed, Sept 21 & Thu, Sept 22:
    New products from the Interbike show

This is how you can follow our coverage:

1. Instagram Stories Live Blog Feed with photos and videos - Stories are available ONLY for 24 hours after posting
    Instagram Stories is a new feature from Instagram that allows bringing together multiple photos and videos in a slideshow format, well, kind of just like Snapchat Stories. I've decided to try out Instagram instead of Snapchat for Interbike 2016 this year since Instagram Stories seems better integrated with other apps and better at public sharing than Snapchat.

To see our daily Instagram Stories from Interbike 2016, follow the Dirt Merchant Bikes Instagram feed by doing the following:

1. Install the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone smartphone.

2. Click on the magnifying glass' icon in the Instagram app to search
    Interbike 2016 live blog on Instagram Stories & Facebook: What do you want to see?-instagram-magnifying-icon.jpg

3. Search for dirt_merchant_bikes in the search box at the top of the app screen.
    Interbike 2016 live blog on Instagram Stories & Facebook: What do you want to see?-instagram-search-screen.jpg

4. Click '+Follow'
    Name:  Instagram Follow Button.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  37.4 KB

5. Our daily Instagram stories will appear in the row of icons just under the Instagram logo.
    Interbike 2016 live blog on Instagram Stories & Facebook: What do you want to see?-instagram-stories-location.jpg

2. Bike Reviews and New Product News shared on our Facebook page
    At the end of each day starting around 7pm or so, we'll be posting bike reviews and new product posts on our Facebook page. To see these posts, Like our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/dirtmerchantbikes/

How to view Instagram Stories?

Stories from people you follow on Instagram will appear in a row at the top of your Feed. If someone has shared a story you haven't seen yet, you'll see a colorful ring around their profile picture. To see someone's story, tap their profile picture at the top of Feed or on their profile.

When you view stories, they automatically scroll from one person's to the next. You can tap the screen to skip to the next photo or video, or swipe right or left to skip between people's stories. Swipe down on the screen or tap x in the top right to exit someone's story and return to Feed.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

Elitest thrill junkie
    I want you to publicly make fun of stupid designs and ideas and objectively rate the bikes against each other, never once using the word "rowdy".
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    I would like you to rate each companies customer service and how well they deliver a quality product. Also, note if they make lame ass excuses for not delivering a quality product.

Now with flavor!!
    Ask them why they always have booth babes but no buff booth beaus.

I can only buy from equal opportunity suppliers.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

brakes; sometimes fixed
    Apr 2005
    At the end of each day on the show floor, find a booth with super cushy carpeting.

Take off your shoes, and film yourself wandering the booth.

Make extra sensual uuuunnnnnggggghhhhh noises when you're in front of any especially interesting new product offerings.

Now with flavor!!
    ^Which reminds me

Do that at whatever sram booth there is while farting, over and over again. As you fart, just moan the words "thaaat's for boooooossttt...........aaahhhhhh"
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Weapon of Choice
    I want you to ride down the " Hourglass" on one of those fancy demo bikes

Super Unknown

brakes; sometimes fixed
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    I want you to ride down the " Hourglass" on one of those fancy demo bikes
    It wasn't Hourglass but a few interbikes ago I manhandled an original Pugsley down some Outdoor Demo-inappropriate trails. Mind you, at the time fat bikes were brand new and super weird, so I figured what the zerks why not? Returned it to Surly with a huuuge grin and a flat tire. I don't remember who (Steve? Sov?) took the bike back but he asked me what I thought.

I said it rode like the lunar rover humping a beach ball, Surly was ruining mountain bikes, and it needed a new tube.

Feigning disappointment the Surly employee threw up his arms, grabbed the Pugsley from me, and lobbed it towards the work stand. It bounced, wobbled, and missed. Being a fat bike it quite confidently recovered in the Bootleg sand and rapidly departed the Surly booth for the aisle.

An unmanned Barney Purple drone missile on a mission, it veered for the dumbest vendor table it could find. A violent eruption of boutique custom disc rotors (think buzz saws, sunflowers, etc) ensued.

Without missing a beat, we both ran in opposite directions.

Fortunately/unfortunately this incident predates Instagram Stories.

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I want you to publicly make fun of stupid designs and ideas and objectively rate the bikes against each other, never once using the word "rowdy".
    Too much interesting stuff to waste time on the dumb stuff...and I have plenty of "who thought that was a good idea?" moments at Interbike.
    Last edited by Spectre; 09-16-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Ask them why they always have booth babes but no buff booth beaus.

I can only buy from equal opportunity suppliers.
    Yup, all of the males standing around are skinny guys with weird tan lines.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Personally, I am really interested in new tires. It looks like there is a whole bunch of stuff coming in 650b 2.5-2.8, but northing in 29" between normal and 3.00. I am on the waitlist for a Waltworks hardtail and was going 29", but have decided 650b sort of plus instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Too much interesting stuff to waste time on the dumb stuff...and I have plenty of "who though that was a good idea?" moments at Interbike.
    That's the problem, sometimes we take MTB too seriously.

More helpful suggestions here where I Xposted:

Interbike 2016: What do you want to see? | Ridemonkey Forums
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

That thread gets a 9/10 on the win scale. "Make vegan steaks again."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Personally, I am really interested in new tires. It looks like there is a whole bunch of stuff coming in 650b 2.5-2.8, but northing in 29" between normal and 3.00. I am on the waitlist for a Waltworks hardtail and was going 29", but have decided 650b sort of plus instead.

I'll keep my eyes out for wider 29ers as tires are usually a focus for me at Interbike. I think the industry is moving toward 27.5 for plus-sized tires as a 29+ tire becomes really pretty massive. I think the thought that a 27.5+ is essentially a fat tired 29er seems to make sense to a lot of people. I only am aware of several 29+ bike of which only the Trek Stache comes to mind right now.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes

Dream it, Do it.

haha, nice common thread running through that post. Ironically, Interbike is probably the WORST place in all of Vegas to see the fairer sex. It really is one gigantic sausage party.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes