If you find yourself in Flagstaff, AZ...- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Sep 2005

If you find yourself in Flagstaff, AZ...

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's way easier to ride down that 60' roller than to walk down! I've seen people try to walk down it, with poor results. Good times. I was there last weekend. Temps were great, got a little rain at the end (usual for this time of year).

Edit: Looks like there's an alternate-line now. Don't think that existed before.

Nice pics, glad you had fun on the mountain.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I was too spooked. If I would have had someone with me..MAYBE. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like it. Doesn't look like too many people are hitting the main line. The alternate looks pretty well established.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I was too spooked. If I would have had someone with me..MAYBE. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like it. Doesn't look like too many people are hitting the main line. The alternate looks pretty well established.
    I've gotten comments at the bottom from people that makes it sound like they don't see people hit it much, but every time I've been with a group nearly everyone has hit it. Just roll slowly on the brakes until the point where they'd start to lock up, then let go. That trail is mega-fun IMO. Some DH trails are difficult and just don't have a lot of payoff for the difficulty, but Private Reserve IMO is not like that, the double jump at the beginning, the drops on the way down, and so on. It's a great flow and great fun. There's another one called "Steel Reserve" which is insanely steep and just a series of near vertical chutes. I don't see the point in trails like those. I can do them, but they are just not that much fun, in opposition to Wasabi, which is just damn good fun. Steel Reserve takes off from Private near the top. You may not have even noticed it, but that's what's cool about a lot of the flagstaff trails. Another one you'd probably like is "The Pickle", which is a new-ish trail accessed from the top of the Dry Lake Hills. Do at least lower wasabi the next time if you haven't, it's just a super-fun jump-trail with a bunch of real nicely built drops and jumps. You can just "launch" with little fear of the landing or surface.

If a tree falls in Flagstaff....they just make it into a kickass jump. Here (also in arizona) some d*ckwad eventually chainsaws it or kicks down the jump.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Sep 2005
    It was an awesome day! I'll be back for sure.

mr. wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Even steeper when wet
    and a girl no less
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moosehead
    Great stoke. Cool rock in the forest, old trails, big rollers. Flag rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0