I will save the cash- Mtbr.com
    Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I will save the cash

I still love that crazy '03 Spot and really am not all that motivated to get a new fangled Spot. Anyone else feel this way?

Jaybo

mtbr member

I'm in!

I test rode all the top bikes and decided to powdercoat my Spot a different color to try to fool myself into believing it WAS a new bike, yes I am that simple. The bike still works great and, with a wheel, tire, brake change, and going tubeless it's down to 25.5 lbs.
    Now that I'm over the desire to find a better 5" bike I'm considering a 4" bike to make up for how old and lazy I'm gertting.
    Thanks for the excuse to post the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Mar 2009
    I just picked up a new spot... first spot... first turner. i hope to look at her in 6 years and be as happy then as you are now. makes the $ you pay out worth every penny when all you need is a little paint every 6 years to revive the asthetic of a flawless performer.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Completely agree with you Jaybo and slowrider.

I am still riding my 00' RFX and 05' Spot.
    And the love is still there.
    But I was weak and bought a new 08' RFX (raw) that I am currently building up.
    Sweet bike IMO

But so far I have no desire for a DW link.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    05 5Spot, best sports product I have ever purchased, period. No desire to upgrade until it breaks.

Living the Dream

You know denial is the first symtom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I still love that crazy '03 Spot and really am not all that motivated to get a new fangled Spot. Anyone else feel this way?

Jaybo
    I loved my 03 spot as well, until it broke on me in 07. 4 years and a free replacement was a pretty sweet value. Anyways, as much as I loved my 03, I really do love my DW Sultan more.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Apples and apples

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I loved my 03 spot as well, until it broke on me in 07. 4 years and a free replacement was a pretty sweet value. Anyways, as much as I loved my 03, I really do love my DW Sultan more.
    But I do hear you. You had better love the it for the 2.4 k you paid for it I'm trying to enjoy the 29er thing but my Niner JET 9 just collects dust.

Jaybo

PS Nice bike even if it does make noise

Living the Dream

That's why I ride with an Ipod

PS Nice bike even if it does make noise
    The DW is a great bike, but I agree that I probably wouldn't replace a perfectly fine HL Spot. I am just saying when the time for the Spot to be replaced comes, the DW is a great replacement.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Same here.. My '08 RFX still gives me an ear-to-ear grin every time I take it out. I currently have no desire for a better climbing bike to replace an already phenomenal climber. A new 6" bike to me will mean keeping the same performance, but lower weight.

Seen the new carbon fiber Remedy yet? Carbon, E2 steerer, lightweight... That would be a very worthy 2.5 grand option.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...ts-paces-22468

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    The DW is a great bike, but I agree that I probably wouldn't replace a perfectly fine HL Spot. I am just saying when the time for the Spot to be replaced comes, the DW is a great replacement.
    Really? My DW Sultan SMOKES the TNT Sultan/ Spot/ Rfx I had prior!!! Not even close...

The DW Turner is easily the hands-down winner here!

No regrets here
    Last edited by jncarpenter; 08-16-2009 at 01:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Really? My DW Sultan SMOKES the TNT Sultan/ Spot/ Rfx I had prior!!! Not even close...

No regrets here
    +1 on that!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Living the Dream

Yes the DW is a great bike, IMHO better than HL & TNT

Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter

No regrets here
    However, it is a huge investment to to replace a perfectly good HL or TNT with a DW bike. If a person is wanting to replace there current ride, get the DW. They will be superstoked. However, the 03 spot is a fukin sweet ride, and I wouldn't have gotten rid of mine had it not broke in 07.
    Clearly Jaybo is happy with his 03, and the more miles he gets out of it, the more it speaks to Turner's quality. I'm sure by the time Jaybo, needs a replacement, he will find something well south of $2400 in the classifieds or Ebay.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

At least

However, it is a huge investment to to replace a perfectly good HL or TNT with a DW bike. If a person is wanting to replace there current ride, get the DW. They will be superstoked. However, the 03 spot is a fukin sweet ride, and I wouldn't have gotten rid of mine had it not broke in 07.
    Clearly Jaybo is happy with his 03, and the more miles he gets out of it, the more it speaks to Turner's quality. I'm sure by the time Jaybo, needs a replacement, he will find something well south of $2400 in the classifieds or Ebay.
    If I bought a DW Link this board would get a real review I'm sure they are better but 2.4 K better....not sure. I have ridden one. And, yes, I will wait a year until somebody has a deal on one or an Ebay ad. No darn way I'm spending that much money.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I'm sure they are better but 2.4 K better....not sure.

Jaybo
    Wow, so you got your current Turner free? Because current retail is 2.4K, so 2.4K retail minus 2.4K "better" equals your price of zero, right?
    Whining is not a strategy.

Members who have read this thread: 0