I "Pushed" my turner- Mtbr.com
    roots, rocks, rhythm

I "Pushed" my turner

Just wanted to say that I got my Fox Vanilla RC back from "Push".
    I didn't think that I would notice a dramatic difference but I did. I have only done 1 ride on my RFX so far with the modified shock but could already tell the noticable difference when I was climbing. (Damn it was good!!!!!!) I have not even tweaked it a bit, the set up from Push seems to be very good. (And I am not your typical rider either)

So I just wanted to THANK everyone at this Turner site for bring up the info.
    Also thank Jimmy at Push. (I say that now but I have not got my credit card bill yet to see the damage......LOL)

Thanks
    Kevin
    (no pictures yet but will post in the future)

ps. This is the most informative site compared to any other.
    (I learn more here then any where else.)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I took my "PUSHed" RFX out for the first time this weekend as well. I hope to write a short review sometime this week.

Bodhisattva
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    I have a Titus, not a Turner, and am enjoying my PUSH'd shock more & more since having it done in March. First thing I noticed was the platform which allows the bike to pedal "better." But I've come to appreciate that the best thing about the service is the way the rear stays glued to the terrain without bucking me. I find myself staying seated through stuff that required me to get up & behind the saddle in the past.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    I have a Titus, not a Turner, and am enjoying my PUSH'd shock more & more since having it done in March. First thing I noticed was the platform which allows the bike to pedal "better." But I've come to appreciate that the best thing about the service is the way the rear stays glued to the terrain without bucking me. I find myself staying seated through stuff that required me to get up & behind the saddle in the past.
    I completey agree with the comment above. I've done about 10 rides on my RFX after getting the PUSH'd Vanilla re-installed. It is like a new, custom shock at about half the price of a new shock. It felt very stiff in the parking lot, but that feeling disappeared on the trails and jumps. Jimmy said they tune their shocks for trail speed riding not parking lot tests!

Also, the top shock mount bolt is a bit bent, is there a stronger replacement available?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird
    I completey agree with the comment above. I've done about 10 rides on my RFX after getting the PUSH'd Vanilla re-installed. It is like a new, custom shock at about half the price of a new shock. It felt very stiff in the parking lot, but that feeling disappeared on the trails and jumps. Jimmy said they tune their shocks for trail speed riding not parking lot tests!

Also, the top shock mount bolt is a bit bent, is there a stronger replacement available?

ahhhh, this is what I like to hear - as one of the early converts to Push, and a vocal supporter, I'm glad others are as happy with the upgrade as I am...

as for the shock mount bolt - I went through a number of those stock bolts (mostly from bigger drops I think) - until my LBS got me something stronger (Monty at Helen's bikes in Santa Monica Calif. - same source for the black annodized derailleur hangers) - it's made from a harder steel I think - no problems since...