mtbr member
    Nov 2007

I need your opinions

Okay I currently ride a 2002 xce with an rp23 and I love it but it is looking rough and the bushings need to be replaced, so my question to everyone is should i send my frame to turner to be rebuilt and powdercoated for $275 or use that money to buy a new frame. If I bought a new frame it would not be a turner as I am low on funds for the next few years

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by chshaw
    Okay I currently ride a 2002 xce with an rp23 and I love it but it is looking rough and the bushings need to be replaced, so my question to everyone is should i send my frame to turner to be rebuilt and powdercoated for $275 or use that money to buy a new frame. If I bought a new frame it would not be a turner as I am low on funds for the next few years

I would get the bike you love a new look. Buying a cheaper bike is just that...cheaper. Once the newnest wears off, you will constantly compare it to your XCE. Save your cash until you can buy what you really want!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chshaw
    I'd just replace the bushings for 20-30 bucks and ride it the way it looks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    +1 on the above. The appeal of a new, lesser bike will fade quickly. I'd lean towards the $275 Turner refurbishment. Not because you need to go to those lengths, but it will get you a little of that lovely "new bike buzz"!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Making fat cool since '71
    I would be 100% be with kosmo on this if I were not a huge fan of the raw look (like on my RFX) so I'm only 99% with kosmo.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member

+1 raw

Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    I would be 100% be with kosmo on this if I were not a huge fan of the raw look (like on my RFX) so I'm only 99% with kosmo.

Brock...

I too like the raw look...no worrying about scratches as much. My spot is not factory raw but it was media blasted down to the raw aluminum. I like it alot.
    Too wet to ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0