banned
    Sep 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!

locked - time out
    wtf?

banned
    Sep 2005
    This is a short summary from an extensive ride that I did on the Spot today. It's a totally different ride than the RFX. I really don't know where people are coming from?

The impression that I got right away was that the MX was not playing well with the air fork. I can't stand the combo. Tried it on the HL and although it jumps very well (as in DJ style lip action), it just is much too overwhelmed in the chunk. I'm not even completely sure that the MX tune shock is as good of a compliment as the Pushed air shock at this point. Something about the way the bike wants to resist the low speed compression and the inherent nature of that in the coil is just too much. Climbing was a chore believe it or not. We hit the 3sisters and I was beat...even more so than with the HL. It's just so much more compliant on steep, loose, tecnical climbs that I was constantly fighting to keep the front end planted and from wandering. It also does not want to "squat" at all. I found that the most difficult to get used to. Trying to go up and over feature on the same climb, was difficult as I could not preload to gain momentum. This bike needs to be pedaled and pedaled fast. It's not a technical climber...not this config anyway.

There should be some pix popping up soon and I managed to clean most everything on the normal loop, but it wasn't the same. Not a substituted for a dialed RFX in it's element.

I could not stay back on the steep rock rollers. Due to the "anti-squat". She wanted to sit way higher in the travel. However, this was a bonus in the cornering. It corners great as well.

She's a great DJ bike!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    This is a short summary from an extensive ride that I did on the Spot today. It's a totally different ride than the RFX. I really don't know where people are coming from?

The impression that I got right away was that the MX was not playing well with the air fork. I can't stand the combo. Tried it on the HL and although it jumps very well (as in DJ style lip action), it just is much too overwhelmed in the chunk. I'm not even completely sure that the MX tune shock is as good of a compliment as the Pushed air shock at this point. Something about the way the bike wants to resist the low speed compression and the inherent nature of that in the coil is just too much. Climbing was a chore believe it or not. We hit the 3sisters and I was beat...even more so than with the HL. It's just so much more compliant on steep, loose, tecnical climbs that I was constantly fighting to keep the front end planted and from wandering. It also does not want to "squat" at all. I found that the most difficult to get used to. Trying to go up and over feature on the same climb, was difficult as I could not preload to gain momentum. This bike needs to be pedaled and pedaled fast. It's not a technical climber...not this config anyway.

There should be some pix popping up soon and I managed to clean most everything on the normal loop, but it wasn't the same. Not a substituted for a dialed RFX in it's element.

I could not stay back on the steep rock rollers. Due to the "anti-squat". She wanted to sit way higher in the travel. However, this was a bonus in the cornering. It corners great as well.

She's a great DJ bike!
    Watch you talking about Willis I need picc's am confused!

A spot what spot HL TNT DWL I NEED tech data and a graph bro
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Watch you talking about Willis I need picc's am confused!

A spot what spot HL TNT DWL I NEED tech data and a graph bro
    You can do better than that. I expected a critique of my critique, even from you

This was the first time that I actually tried to learn about what the bike was doing mechanically and what I was feeling vs just riding. FWIW...I like just riding as it's a lot more fun! The bike was awesome for a beefy racer! I just couldn't keep up with the damn thing.

mtbr member
    The impression that I got right away was that the MX was not playing well with the air fork. I can't stand the combo. Tried it on the HL and although it jumps very well (as in DJ style lip action), it just is much too overwhelmed in the chunk. I'm not even completely sure that the MX tune shock is as good of a compliment as the Pushed air shock at this point.

She's a great DJ bike!
    What was overwhelmed? The rear mx coil or the Lyric 2-step air fork? What did you think of the Lyric?

Maybe the bike would be better with a similar fork set at 150 mm (Lyric solo air or Lyric U-turn)

TG

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    What was overwhelmed? The rear mx coil or the Lyric 2-step air fork? What did you think of the Lyric?

Maybe the bike would be better with a similar fork set at 150 mm (Lyric solo air or Lyric U-turn)

TG
    The air fork. The Lyric (air) is not such a great fork for this bike with this shock. It's to tall and the air keeps you up until that anti squat kicks in and then it'll dive. I'm telling you that the rear of this bike want to stay up. If you resist it, it will beat you up. I don't know about most people but I don't always attack a hill in attack mode. I mostly just gear down crawl. I tend to stay on my bike a lot more, but I frustrate those that are trying to hammer. Hammering only works part of the time in our terrain, for me anyway. Slow steady and meticulous is the name of the game and you absolutely need to be able to up and over 6-8" square edges. This thing hits a square edge and hesitates just enough to lose traction.

trail fairy
    You can do better than that. I expected a critique of my critique, even from you

This was the first time that I actually tried to learn about what the bike was doing mechanically and what I was feeling vs just riding. FWIW...I like just riding as it's a lot more fun! The bike was awesome for a beefy racer! I just couldn't keep up with the damn thing.
    I here ya bro, honestly I can't see any picc

Maybe my connection is too slow, dam piece of string, literally

I was reading Totem issues and one thing I think we over think or focus on with the MTB is the rear shock anit squat and all this stuff all good etc

But often overlooked is the fork, for me I would rather the focus on the fork first!

Its more important to performance and the end of the spectrum you're riding than people realise, for general trail riding people may think there fork or setup is ok!

But if all things considered and bike is ok I would rather have my fork dialed in before focusing on the shock, anyone who knows me would know this!

So I'm not surprised by your thoughts, either on the Spot or the HL and in fact it get worse th bigger ya go.

Because everyone is so focused on crutches to help them pedal better, its often at the expense of everything else, Im not talking about linkages here, just focusing on the basic setup and balance of the bike!

Plus ya have to compare apples for apples, a Flux needs a different setup to a Spot like a Spot needs to be adjusted differently to the HL and similary the DHR.

Theories maybe similar or can be qouted by e experts, but we all ride differently on differnent terrain!

I don't want to read someone qouting there 29er to a HL ro even a Spot theyre different get over it, they might ride the same terrain but so can a hard tail on a DH course, does not mean the same thing.

As to your ride impressions bro, it takes time to dial in, youre very privealged that youve had one top setup RFX and all things considered it may suit you best all round and will be hard to get something that maybe as good for you, I know I will miss mine, I just hope I don't and up regretting it, like losing an old friend ya can always rely on, and thats hard to find buddy.

So dialing it in to be fair takes some time and preference to suit you but on nar its not apples for apples to compare to your RFX or HL they are differnent bikes like you said, for hard coare long distance ride time you could get to like it I'm sure

Hows that, I still need pictures

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Are you , by chance, lighter than PJ? Personally, I think you would have been better off taking the air shock & playing around with different sag/pressures...

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Are you , by chance, lighter than PJ? Personally, I think you would have been better off taking the air shock & playing around with different sag/pressures...

We are the same weight. I've lost a bit pedaling the HL.

TA.. I respect what you are saying, but that coil was NOT right on that bike. It was obvious. I could have dialed out the low speed compression a bit I think it would have wallowed during g-outs.

trail fairy

TA.. I respect what you are saying, but that coil was NOT right on that bike. It was obvious. I could have dialed out the low speed compression a bit I think it would have wallowed during g-outs.
    I hear that buddy, pedaling my Dj SS around where i used to ride the Spot and RFX pre injury and DHching whipped me into shape.

Ya I hear ya on the shock bro, I picked that up, I was being general not at you persay, just that setup and balance is eky on any rig for that rider, and a poor shock or problem will be exacerbated by a poor fork or a good shock will be do the same to a fork that lacks the ability to perform equally as well if not better.

My Spo I had the DHXa on her everyone here knows that was not a good shock, let alone a good shock on a Turner, did it bother me not really, could I have had better performance yup, did it bother me know, but it did on the RFX, different requirements and I could happily put up with it because my fork was so good no matter what I threw at it.

Just saying is all, now get that MX tune shock sorted bro and then sort that fork out or get a good coil on front, I actually myself liked RS damping in air, but am not personally ride familiar on an air Lyrik Ive ridden one once, but my PIKE uturn air was a great fork for that bike. Like you I still prefer coil.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    May 2008

I understand...

Going from my single pivot to the DW spot took some time in the tech climbing department. It's a different style. The Ciclon I was on was a squat machine but was very active climbing the rocks and got really good traction. However, you pretty much always had to be out of the saddle going up steep rough to keep the bike balanced. It definitely took time to learn the nuances of climbing the DW in really tech ledgy conditions. For quite some time I preferred the tech climbing style of my single pivot.

When descending I found the DW likes to have the rear wheel weighted pretty good. If you unweight it it can bounce around especially if you're not running enough rebound dampening. To negate that I run a little more rebound which keeps the rear wheel glued. You have to be careful here tho because too much will cause the bike to wallow and feel dead. For a while I was running too much dampening. I went to one click less dampening and a little more sag and presto, the bike came alive on the climbs and descents without wallow or being too lively where the rear end skipped around. Getting the sag and rebound relationship right is pretty key I think. I've been on the bike for nearly a year now and just a couple months ago got the shock exactly where it will perform best all around. Pushed, 1.2x18x135 shim, psi 35lbs less than rtrw, 3 clicks of rebound.

I admit, a little squat action is nice when you're descending, braking into a corner or pedaling out of one. But the DW does a great too once you get the shock dialed. It's a style thing... dial the shock then adjust your style a little.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue
    Going from my single pivot to the DW spot took some time in the tech climbing department. It's a different style. The Ciclon I was on was a squat machine but was very active climbing the rocks and got really good traction. However, you pretty much always had to be out of the saddle going up steep rough to keep the bike balanced. It definitely took time to learn the nuances of climbing the DW in really tech ledgy conditions. For quite some time I preferred the tech climbing style of my single pivot.

When descending I found the DW likes to have the rear wheel weighted pretty good. If you unweight it it can bounce around especially if you're not running enough rebound dampening. To negate that I run a little more rebound which keeps the rear wheel glued. You have to be careful here tho because too much will cause the bike to wallow and feel dead. For a while I was running too much dampening. I went to one click less dampening and a little more sag and presto, the bike came alive on the climbs and descents without wallow or being too lively where the rear end skipped around. Getting the sag and rebound relationship right is pretty key I think. I've been on the bike for nearly a year now and just a couple months ago got the shock exactly where it will perform best all around. Pushed, 1.2x18x135 shim, psi 35lbs less than rtrw, 3 clicks of rebound.

I admit, a little squat action is nice when you're descending, braking into a corner or pedaling out of one. But the DW does a great too once you get the shock dialed. It's a style thing... dial the shock then adjust your style a little.
    Gotcha! It mostly boils down to style...IMO.

tardcore

Pix

Sorry, kids work etc. I forgot my camera s these were taken with my iPhone so please excuse the quality. As far as riding impressions, I really like my bike but do not ride like 123. My interest was to give him as much experience as possible on a DW Spot plus despite what people may think he's a good guy to go on a ride with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!-img_0508.jpg  

I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!-img_0495.jpg  

I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!-img_0498.jpg  

I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!-img_0505.jpg  

I got me some of Dat "orange Crush"!-img_0506.jpg  

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    Sorry, kids work etc. I forgot my camera s these were taken with my iPhone so please excuse the quality. As far as riding impressions, I really like my bike but do not ride like 123. My interest was to give him as much experience as possible on a DW Spot plus despite what people may think he's a good guy to go on a ride with
    That's focking core! Smoking and drinking on the ride. I heard that was mtb123's MO!
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    That's focking core! Smoking and drinking on the ride. I heard that was mtb123's MO!
    smoking is so focking rad...between the new breed of homers, old skewl National Champ cactus, its DEFINITELY the boss thing to do!

tardcore
    It's actually Pro-core.

mtbr member
    That last photo of Mtn.Biker 123 is awesome!!

trail fairy
    Dang that's b i t c h i n mtn bad ass right there and in snow too, we finish off with beer but not while riding sometimes when digging or canadian club prefer cold beer myself

I love it not a sheep in lycra bro you ride ya own lines ..

Oldshcool right there and new school rig, like the color too it pops

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

locked - time out
    Smokin butts is dumb!!!

banned
    Sep 2005
    I know, I'm working on it. Thanks fellas!!

I get that a lot from the homies.

Good thing I'm not running for election here!

Just a Pro-Core ex-criminal reporting on a ride experience. If I were in the market for a $2500 DJ bike, this one would definitely make the top ten!

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    [QUOTE=Mtn. Biker123 If I were in the market for a $2500 DJ bike, this one would definitely make the top ten! [/QUOTE]

You mean like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Sep 2005
    Yeah, glad to see that it is doing so well in the "old skool" thread!

I think that it would rate even higher in my top ten for the sheer fact that it was "purpose built".

banned
    Sep 2005
    Great ride Lama!!

One other thing that kept bugging me was that my right shoe constantly hit the upper rocker. This was annoying and I tried a couple of times to reposition my foot, but I kept slapping that damn rocker. I experienced a similar problem on my old Cannondale Jeckyll. Anyone else.

The DWRFX seems to be even more problematic from the pictures.

mtbr member

I thought you and I were the same weight ~165 give or take, and PJ is 180 without any gear.

I know that I ordered a 500# spring and PJ runs a 550.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    I thought you and I were the same weight ~165 give or take, and PJ is 180 without any gear.

I know that I ordered a 500# spring and PJ runs a 550.
    PJ has lost quite a bit of weight. He's claiming 170#. I'm probably 180 w/gear. I was getting pretty good sag, but I personally would have a lighter spring.

Outcast
    Well there you have it: the ProCore ex-con ride report is in. The DW-spot is a total failure as an A.M. machine. Guess DT really phucked up going with that technology.

BTW, real ProCore men smoke Lucky Strikes.

mtbr member
    I don't know about most people but I don't always attack a hill in attack mode. I mostly just gear down crawl.
    my favourite 2 sentences!

it sounds like PJ's bike wasn't set up quite right for you - and as I have said I think a 150mm fork is best suited to the DW Spot for overall balance - I also think you would need to give the DW spot a few more rides to get used to it. My first 2 rides I was wondering if I had believed the hype too much but somewhere on my third ride I really started to appreciate the DW link.......

banned
    Dec 2009
    I know, I'm working on it. Thanks fellas!!
    Among a few other challenges, such as:

• Not clogging the airwaves with my drivel, especially previously respected sites like this
    • Not challenging those that have more riding skills than me, of which there are quite a few
    • Not challenging those more intelligent and industrious than I, which includes everyone
    • Not brow beating every bike manufacturer into sponsoring me by criticizing their bikes
    • Not recommending assinine behavior such as stealing IP rights
    • Not letting my can't-buyers remorse drive me to further insanity

I am STFU123, and I have a problem.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU123
    I am STFU123, and I have a problem.
    admitting you have a problem[s] is the first step, congrats.
    But you left out the part about your criminal past. You must come completely clean and transparent to obtain absolution.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    I'm digging the schizophrenia, Renny!

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    my favourite 2 sentences!

it sounds like PJ's bike wasn't set up quite right for you - and as I have said I think a 150mm fork is best suited to the DW Spot for overall balance - I also think you would need to give the DW spot a few more rides to get used to it. My first 2 rides I was wondering if I had believed the hype too much but somewhere on my third ride I really started to appreciate the DW link.......
    I'd be willing to try a different setup

banned
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    admitting you have a problem[s] is the first step, congrats.
    But you left out the part about your criminal past. You must come completely clean and transparent to obtain absolution.
    Look, I can only deal with so much sheit at once.

At this point, the good folks here would probably just appreciate it if I would just spare them further degradation of the Turner forum.

It's the least I could do considering that MTB has saved me.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU123
    Look, I can only deal with so much sheit at once.

At this point, the good folks here would probably just appreciate it if I would just spare them further degradation of the Turner forum.

It's the least I could do considering that MTB has saved me.
    I understand; it's not easy. Have a couple more beers; I'm sure you're used to putting away a six pack by ten a.m. And don't worry about dragging the forum down; sometimes a place has to burn to the ground, and rise again from the ashes. Just like you will.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Schizo Rene, the one ray of light in the turner forum!

banned
    Dec 2009
    I understand; it's not easy. Have a couple more beers; I'm sure you're used to putting away a six pack by ten a.m. And don't worry about dragging the forum down; sometimes a place has to burn to the ground, and rise again from the ashes. Just like you will.
    Thanks man, means a lot. I was worried that everyone thought I was a bit of a dooshbag.

But I am the Phoenix!

banned
    Sep 2005

Hot off the Presses...

This came from an "insider" whom I trust very much.
    one - the fact that Pete hasn't been banned in this current userid or threads being locked means that Greg, Francis or an admin doesn't want to. With the way the threads have been jacked, I'd say this points directly at Greg/Francis.

That should indicate that they are using him in an attempt to
    • a)make you look bad,
    • b) Turner and DW look good,
    • c)increase click count on the web pages,
    • d) they're dicks.,
    • e) all of the above.

I'd say that's the most telling piece in his current attack on you. Normally he's banned after 3-4 posts when it's apparent who he is. It says lots about MTBR's policies.

two, someone from NM is feeding Pete your private information. Yeah, you're suprised, I can tell. The official stuff regarding records can be found through a Lexis-Nexis search but any personal stuff is from a local jackass. I'd say either Andyn or JimBeam but it could be any of the NM trolls.

three - you're doing okay in the threads. There have been a few "ow, I can't believe he posted that" pieces, but generally you do okay. For Pete to resort to "you're a criminal" attacks means he's running low.

four - from a posting in the F88me MFS forum (see penispete), Pete's out of town so don't expect a response till Monday.
    So, what does this say about Turner?

Outcast
    Dude, the more appropriate question that is be asked is; what does all this say about you? Geez, you are a whack-job!

banned
    Dec 2009
    This came from a "voice inside my head" whom I trust very much.

So, what does this say about me being the Phoenix?
    Er, guess I gotta hit rock bottom first, but the ground is definitely getting closer, rapidly.

Those aliens in Roswell better watch their backs.

mtbr member
    Looks cold....colder temperatures negatively impact suspension performance due to the oil being more viscous, the rubber seals not being as compliant, and the bushing material being more rigid.

Things to take into consideration. IMO, the DW-SPOT rules with a coil, and I think that anyone who has this setup will agree.

Darren

banned
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    Looks cold....colder temperatures negatively impact suspension performance due to the oil being more viscous, the rubber seals not being as compliant, and the bushing material being more rigid.

Things to take into consideration. IMO, the DW-SPOT rules with a coil, and I think that anyone who has this setup will agree.

Darren
    Thanks D!

Hey, you got any winter specials on a frontal lobodomy?

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND

Darren
    This is true, however, most of the time I actually like the feel of my suspension in colder temps (after it's "warmed"). I find extreme heat is actually the biggest factor in ride performance.

Outcast
    Straight form the Push website:

Great Service Deals!

Now through Dec 31, 2009 take advantage of amazing service discounts.

Good for any Suspension Service, Factory Fork System, Rear Shock Tuning System, or Full Frontal Lobotomy

Free Return Ground Shipping to anywhere in the US.

Extended 6 month warranty to cover you past the winter months

Send in a shock with your fork service and receive an additional 10% off shock service

Coupon for 10% off future product or service in 2010

I think you should take advantage of it!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Straight form the Push website:

Great Service Deals!

Now through Dec 31, 2009 take advantage of amazing service discounts.

Good for any Suspension Service, Factory Fork System, Rear Shock Tuning System, or Full Frontal Lobotomy

Free Return Ground Shipping to anywhere in the US.

Extended 6 month warranty to cover you past the winter months

Send in a shock with your fork service and receive an additional 10% off shock service

Coupon for 10% off future product or service in 2010

I think you should take advantage of it!
    I'm sure Darren really enjoys you making a mockery of his website

I guess a lot of the manufactures here are supportive of you guys behavior at the cost of "looking good". Nice to know

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Man, this thread went sideways FAST.

I clicked on it expecting something about ORANGE KUSH...not this ********.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Nice work Bryan. Those doubles look hefty.

On steeper higher speed descents I notice the staying up in the travel feeling you're talking about. It's very subtle and may just be me and not the bike. I noticed it this morning on my ride. However, my Spot does really well in low speed chunky conditions. From what you've said, you seem to be more of a low speed plunker so I'd think you'd like the crawling characteristics of the DW. I've posted this pic a couple times but it illustrates how the bike soaks up rocks even at low speed. I'm getting just about full travel here...
    Attachment 503690

banned
    Sep 2005
    Nice work Bryan. Those doubles look hefty.

On steeper higher speed descents I notice the staying up in the travel feeling you're talking about. It's very subtle and may just be me and not the bike. I noticed it this morning on my ride. However, my Spot does really well in low speed chunky conditions. From what you've said, you seem to be more of a low speed plunker so I'd think you'd like the crawling characteristics of the DW. I've posted this pic a couple times but it illustrates how the bike soaks up rocks even at low speed. I'm getting just about full travel here...
    Attachment 503690

I like crawling, yeah, but that bike is so light that it is a chore for me to do so Rather it's much more effective, ,,imo,,,to really attack and hammer the climbs on that bike at speed. When I say slow, I mean slow. There's not too many people, besides the guys whom I've forced to get used to it, that can really tail me on a steep technical climb. Most of the time, I let them get their speed and pass, but a lot of times those guys are pushing they're way up when they lose momentum.
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-11-2009 at 09:37 PM.

mtbr member
    I like crawling, yeah, but that bike is so light that it is a chore for me to do so Rather it's much more effective, ,,imo,,,to really attack and hammer the climbs on that bike at speed. When I say slow, I mean slow. There's not too many people, besides the guys whom I've forced to get used to it, that can really tail me on a steep technical climb. Most of the time, I let them get their speed and pass, but a lot of times those guys are pushing they're way up when they loose momentum.
    Any pics or vids?

banned
    Sep 2005

Somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    Any pics or vids?
    Pics and vids don't do justice anyway.

I'm not saying that no one can tail me, it's just very unusual as I think I'm somewhat unorthodox... but at the same time, it works really well when your lugging around 38 lbs of bike.

mtbr member
    Pics and vids don't do justice anyway.

I'm not saying that no one can tail me, it's just very unusual as I think I'm somewhat unorthodox... but at the same time, it works really well when your lugging around 38 lbs of bike.
    unusual?need more info!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I like crawling, yeah, but that bike is so light that it is a chore for me to do so Rather it's much more effective, ,,imo,,,to really attack and hammer the climbs on that bike at speed. When I say slow, I mean slow. There's not too many people, besides the guys whom I've forced to get used to it, that can really tail me on a steep technical climb. Most of the time, I let them get their speed and pass, but a lot of times those guys are pushing they're way up when they loose momentum.
    Was the fork set at 160 for your climbs? If so, slow climbing in 1/1 or 1/2 would be a death sentance, the front end would lift and wander like crazy. Hammering would be the only way to keep the bike down.

mtbr member
    I just crawl up climbs cos i'm old,fat with worn hips but i get up most!

Bandolero

Flash

Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    I played with the contrast/lighting/curves with that dirt jump photo. I think this version shows Mtn. Biker123's technique on the DW link a bit better.

Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    Sep 2005
    Was the fork set at 160 for your climbs? If so, slow climbing in 1/1 or 1/2 would be a death sentance, the front end would lift and wander like crazy. Hammering would be the only way to keep the bike down.
    yep, I don't like adjustable travel ..and that was the exact feeling that I was getting. I do fine with the 180mm 66 and slacker lines on the RFX ...and the HL.

Kudo's for not listening to me about that fork...ugh!!

banned
    Sep 2005
    I just crawl up climbs cos i'm old,fat with worn hips but i get up most!
    I'm fat and smoke a pack a day!

mtbr member
    I'm fat and smoke a pack a day!
    No fags for me but i like a drink

banned
    Sep 2005
    No fags for me but i like a drink

...or two

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Kudo's for not listening to me about that fork...ugh!!
    You're right, I really should be more on my game - this is a serious discussion.

banned
    Sep 2005
    You're right, I really should be more on my game - this is a serious discussion.
    Don't get it^^. I meant the PM's when I was telling you to go with a 160. I'm glad you decided to go with the 150, even though you were pretty firm on it to begin with.

mtbr member
    150 float32 or 130 on the talas 36 for climbs.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Don't get it^^. I meant the PM's when I was telling you to go with a 160. I'm glad you decided to go with the 150, even though you were pretty firm on it to begin with.
    I got e-confused

banned
    Sep 2005
    I got e-confused
    Well, that never happens..

banned
    Sep 2005
    150 float32 or 130 on the talas 36 for climbs.
    I'm not sure that I know what your question is. I was on a Lyric 160 yesterday and never once played with the two-step feature.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure that I know what your question is. I was on a Lyric 160 yesterday and never once played with the two-step feature.
    Its not a question,thats my set up for climbs on my dw spot.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Its not a question,thats my set up for climbs on my dw spot.
    Oh..nice. I think that a Fox 36 would be a good match. AndyN runs a good setup IMO.

I don't like fiddling with travel adjust at all. I only owned and adjustable height SP for about a month. I don't like gadgetry like that.

Juan Speeder does quite a bit of research and he chose one for his new build. I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts, actually.

mtbr member
    This came from an "insider" whom I trust very much.

So, what does this say about Turner?
    Nothing?
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    Nothing?
    maybe if you're a fanboi

Members who have read this thread: 0