mtbr member

Homers made the Turner homepage...

Did you guys see your reviews of TNT is a link on Turner homepage???
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I saw the reviews via the Turner home page. I found it interesting, and made me wonder about the validity of the reviews since they are now linked directly to Turner. No offense to anyone that gave a review. I thought the reviews were well done.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Single Track MTBer
    I saw the reviews via the Turner home page. I found it interesting, and made me wonder about the validity of the reviews since they are now linked directly to Turner. No offense to anyone that gave a review.
    ...yeah, well...I don't "exactly" exist. I'm more of an E-personification of DT's high regard for himself...geez

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I noticed it as well and I was kind of surprised by a direct link to these reviews.

Apparently a lot customers are worried about the switch to TNT and Turner might feel that he has to 'prove' that the switch doesn't effect the riding

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

or.....................

Quote Originally Posted by msxx
    I noticed it as well and I was kind of surprised by a direct link to these reviews.

Apparently a lot customers are worried about the switch to TNT and Turner might feel that he has to 'prove' that the switch doesn't effect the riding
    maybe hes been foolin us all and his ego is really bigger than te's so he just wanted to see his name in print over and over and over and over...............................

come on guys! we call it free advertising and a damn good way to give real world testing results from some damn decent riders to people who are wondering or even questioning tnt thanx to crap statements like those above. friggin just grow up some. theres no conspiracy here. want consiracy? go to the damn movies. sheesh!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Never enough time to ride
    It's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. The fact that DT has enough trust and faith in the guys on this board that are out torturing his new bits is pretty damned impressive if you ask me. But then that's an opinion, and you know what they say about those...

I'm more likely to trust a review like the ones on this forum than I am to put any faith in a review coming out of a magazine. Make of it what you will.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    Did you guys see your reviews of TNT is a link on Turner homepage???
    you know, you should really drop in a link (http://www.turnerbikes.com/) if you mention a website.... you forced my to open a new browser window and TYPE in the url.

i think the link on the turner site is cool, it validates the tnt claims and shows potential customers who might be worried about the switch opinions of real riders, not mag editors.

Brass Nipples!
    Making reference to positive reviews on mtbr isn't new or nefarious. I've seen that done quite a bit before by a variety of businesses.

Everyone that hears the TNT news seems to go through the 5 stages of grief. I think a lot of DT's time might be answering the same questions and the link gives the curious a way to get a lot of info about the desgn.

I found this great bit on the 5 stages at http://www.counselingforloss.com/article8.htm

As an example, apply the 5 stages to a traumatic event most all of us have experienced: The Dead Battery! You're going to be late to work so you rush out to your car, place the key in the ignition and turn it on. You hear nothing but a grind; the battery is dead.

DENIAL --- What's the first thing you do? You try to start it again! And again. You may check to make sure the radio, heater, lights, etc. are off and then..., try again.
    ANGER --- "%$@^##& car!", "I should have junked you years ago." Did you slam your hand on the steering wheel? I have. "I should just leave you out in the rain and let you rust."
    BARGAINING --- (realizing that you're going to be late for work)..., "Oh please car, if you will just start one more time I promise I'll buy you a brand new battery, get a tune up, new tires, belts and hoses, and keep you in perfect working condition.
    DEPRESSION --- "Oh God, what am I going to do. I'm going to be late for work. I give up. My job is at risk and I don't really care any more. What's the use".
    ACCEPTANCE --- "Ok. It's dead. Guess I had better call the Auto Club or find another way to work. Time to get on with my day; I'll deal with this later."
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    You forgot the 6th stage for some folks (which would appear just after the anger stage):

ANALYZATION --- "OK, I'll just run back into my garage real quick and pull out my volt meter, hook it up to my laptop, run about 15-20 analyzations, input the data just to prove that the battery is actually dead even though everything points to the fact that it's dead and everyone's telling me that it's dead, but I've got to prove everyone wrong...."

aka baycat
    I think it is good, much rather read those reviews than any of the shitty paper rags ala MBA

No, that's not phonetic
    I think it's freaking ballzy. That thread could be coopted by a bunch of useless whining/theorizing/projecting too ("I rode a bike once that was that same color and it rode like crap!"). Hopefully they can keep it clean and well stocked with actual butt-in-the-saddle feedback, whether it be good or bad (or inconclusive ).
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpot
    You forgot the 6th stage for some folks (which would appear just after the anger stage):

ANALYZATION --- "OK, I'll just run back into my garage real quick and pull out my volt meter, hook it up to my laptop, run about 15-20 analyzations, input the data just to prove that the battery is actually dead even though everything points to the fact that it's dead and everyone's telling me that it's dead, but I've got to prove everyone wrong...."
    ...and you forgot the 7th:

DATA PLOTTING --- "Now I'll plot a graph that decisively PROVES that in spite of my battery being dead, mathematically...it should start!"

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I think it's freaking ballzy. That thread could be coopted by a bunch of useless whining/theorizing/projecting too ("I rode a bike once that was that same color and it rode like crap!"). Hopefully they can keep it clean and well stocked with actual butt-in-the-saddle feedback, whether it be good or bad (or inconclusive ).
    ..you know, that's the same conclusion I came to last night when this thread prompted me to ponder it. If you notice, BZ included a link to all the post sources, which could supply alot of unnecessary (equally-biased), mis-informed rhetoric.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    As an example, apply the 5 stages to a traumatic event most all of us have experienced: The Dead Battery! You're going to be late to work so you rush out to your car, place the key in the ignition and turn it on. You hear nothing but a grind; the battery is dead...
    Funny. when I got off the plane coming back from the Moab Homer-and-Bob Rally , my battery was dead. I imediately blamed it on the TNT change. I later came to the conclusion TE must have sent his Jackson Hole hit squad to calculate my battery to death.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    ..you know, that's the same conclusion I came to last night when this thread prompted me to ponder it. If you notice, BZ included a link to all the post sources, which could supply alot of unnecessary (equally-biased), mis-informed rhetoric.
    What you and TS said occured to me as well. I suppose the controlled way would be to just copy and post the text in his own web page, and note the source as MTBR forums... Refering to an active forum is pretty gutzy for sure.

I guess sooner or later people will have to seperate the wheat from the chaff for themselves anway.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 11-30-2005 at 10:31 AM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

My cup runneth over
    Can’t wait to see the conspiracy theory of how BZ, TZ, AQ, JN, SQ, Push, SC etc, etc all have such big egos that they blackmailed DT into including the link to lay greater credence to their opinions. You know it’s true!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    ...yeah, well...I don't "exactly" exist. I'm more of an E-personification of DT's high regard for himself...geez
    I guess I should of used bias instead of validity.

Anyways, I am just grouchy because I found out I will not receive my flux until after the first of the year
    Last edited by Single Track MTBer; 11-30-2005 at 03:54 PM.

mtbr member

Juevos Grande

...at least thats what I thought when I clicked the link. Like mentioned above, the good & bad are in those reviews. For ANY company to do that takes major cajones, doubly (word?) so for an operation the size & niche of Turner.
    Makes me really admire (and wish I was) such a gutsy entreprenuer as DT......wait, Im not an entreprenuer at all! Corporate whipping boy maybe.

JDub
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

banned
    Just goes to show no one can do anything right, even when it's the right thing. I would love to see the Turner board shut down just to see what happens to everyone here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    If I thought my battery were dead, I would just have StvJH analyze the polar moment of inertia (or some such thing), and make sure it wasn't actually brake jack I was feeling!

Only then would I consider replacing the battery!

Never enough time to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Just goes to show no one can do anything right, even when it's the right thing. I would love to see the Turner board shut down just to see what happens to everyone here.
    Honestly, with six inches of snow on the ground and freezing temps, I would be bored!!! My Burner's sitting in the corner with some of of my other incomplete toys, looking lonesome. Sucky Deal.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I would love to see the Turner board shut down just to see what happens to everyone here.
    Ah yes, a long time ago there was no manufacturers forums, only What Bike to Buy. The overwhelming support for the Turners is what actually led to the creation of the individual forums. Letting the homers loose is a bad idea, better to keep them locked up in here.

And personally, I did not experience any grief related to the TNT announcement. I have nothing but respect and trust for the decisions made by the staff at Turner Bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    And personally, I did not experience any grief related to the TNT announcement. I have nothing but respect and trust for the decisions made by the staff at Turner Bikes.
    ...ditto. Surprise quickly transitioned to a curious anticipation!

mtbr member
    Ah yes, a long time ago there was no manufacturers forums, only What Bike to Buy. The overwhelming support for the Turners is what actually led to the creation of the individual forums.
    Ah yes, the good old days when "What Turner to Buy" was the tongue in cheek name for the WBTB forum.

Eric, did you ever get that Vanilla RC Pushed? If so, were they able to supply the correct reducers for you, and how do you like it?
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

not so super...
    ...ditto. Surprise quickly transitioned to a curious anticipation!
    yea...except when you have to be late to work to drive to the post office during the holiday season to stand in line just to sign for a box!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    yea...except when you have to be late to work to drive to the post office during the holiday season to stand in line just to sign for a box!!!
    ....you poor, emotionally abused Homer!

How about having to wait around for a frame to return so you can finish mounting up the final suspension upgrade you were forced to buy, just so you can have the latest, greatest thing on the planet!

not so super...
    ....you poor, emotionally abused Homer!

How about having to wait around for a frame to return so you can finish mounting up the final suspension upgrade you were forced to buy, just so you can have the latest, greatest thing on the planet!
    What you talkin' about Jay? Did you buy a friend for the Ninja Spot?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    What you talkin' about Jay? Did you buy a friend for the Ninja Spot?
    I wish! I had to send off the HT to have it inspected. I was having problems getting the Thomson SP to stay put. Tried every possible (conceiveable) trouble-shooting test...last one was to ship it back for inspection. Should be back in a few days...just in time for the new fork (66 SL)

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    Ah yes, the good old days when "What Turner to Buy" was the tongue in cheek name for the WBTB forum.

Eric, did you ever get that Vanilla RC Pushed? If so, were they able to supply the correct reducers for you, and how do you like it?
    Hey Miles, never got it pushed, waiting for a new frame and shock so I may not bother. It's been just fine, haven't run anything else in while, although my chick is on a five spot now so at least we will all be 7.5 x 2. I think the pushed RC is still the best thing going, thats what she ran on her burner, after float pp, cane creek, romic, float x, etc.

So at this point in 7.5 x 2 we have a romic, ava rl, my rc pp, and she just ordered a rp3. I'll probably end up with a dhx coil. So wherever my old frame goes, there will be a few shock options to choose from.

mtbr member
    It's been just fine, haven't run anything else in while, although my chick is on a five spot now so at least we will all be 7.5 x 2.

That's nice. I almost switched my wife's XCE for a Spot for that reason (okay, and the fact that I like my 5 Spot more than I did my XCE). I was a little concerned about the standover on the small 5 Spot (vs. XS XCE), since she has short legs and seems to find herself in unplanned dismounts quite a bit.

Of course it would be nicer yet if she rode enough to warrant having either bike! I don't know which I envy more- the fact that you live in Hawaii or that you have a MTB riding chick.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    That's nice. I almost switched my wife's XCE for a Spot for that reason (okay, and the fact that I like my 5 Spot more than I did my XCE). I was a little concerned about the standover on the small 5 Spot (vs. XS XCE), since she has short legs and seems to find herself in unplanned dismounts quite a bit.

Of course it would be nicer yet if she rode enough to warrant having either bike! I don't know which I envy more- the fact that you live in Hawaii or that you have a MTB riding chick.
    She is 5-5 and it took some adjusting to get used to the higher bb and standover of the small spot versus the small burner. She has adjusted well now and really likes the way she is able to get air with out trying.

Members who have read this thread: 0