Homers in Denver area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Homers in Denver area

Hi Denver area Homers
    Will be in Denver for a few days.Would like to ride with some Turner riders June 16th and 18th. looking for a nice long ride on Saturday the 18th. Would like to see how good the Denver trails are.
    thanks
    Mitch
    2010 Sultan

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmitch2 View Post
    Hi Denver area Homers
    Will be in Denver for a few days.Would like to ride with some Turner riders June 16th and 18th. looking for a nice long ride on Saturday the 18th. Would like to see how good the Denver trails are.
    thanks
    Mitch
    2010 Sultan
    Have transportation? Willing to drive a bit?

Not much in the way of trails in Denver itself, but the neighboring communities that aren't too far off offer some good riding. Best bet for least driving, best trails is Golden.

You can park in Golden and have access to Apex, Chimney Gulch, Dakota Ridge, Matthew Winters, etc. You can piece together an all dayer without problem.

After that I'd say look at Lyons, CO. You can hit up Hall Ranch to Picture Rock to Heil and back. That should be a good day too.

Kind of depends on what kind of riding you want (technical chunk or buff singletrack) as to where you should go. Also depends on what your tolerance for driving is. There is some higher up terrain (9000 feet) opening up now that provides a nice alternative to hot weather, but it will take you an hour to get there from Denver.

I'm out of town on Thursday, but might be able to hook up and show you around on Saturday. I won't be able to make an all dayer out of it, but I might be able to meet up and help get you on your way.

Digital Toast
    Hall is awesome, can't go wrong there. Stop in and say hi to Dave at Redstone while your up there.

Rolling
    But what if they own a Turner and an Ellsworth and Titus, Are you still interested if they bring the Truth or a Titus?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack View Post
    Hall is awesome, can't go wrong there. Stop in and say hi to Dave at Redstone while your up there.
    Yes, Hall is great but ride it on the 16th (Thurs) and combine it with Picture Rock etc. Sparse crowds, great ride. Do NOT ride Hall on the 18th (Sat). Huge crowds, lots of hiker/biker conflict, generally sucks. Really, I like Hall.

Where to ride Saturday? How about Walker Ranch?
    Wait your turn, take your turn, cover your azz John Correia

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thursday sounds like Hall is the place. How do I get there from the convention center? I will be in a silver Element with a Ted Nugent for president bumper sticker. what time?
    Lidarman, sounds like you have quiet the collection of american made bikes, nice.
    it is nice to ride with the 40ish crowd on any bike. They are not apt to drop people
    and smoke a bowl.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmitch2 View Post
    Thursday sounds like Hall is the place. How do I get there from the convention center? I will be in a silver Element with a Ted Nugent for president bumper sticker. what time?
    Lidarman, sounds like you have quiet the collection of american made bikes, nice.
    it is nice to ride with the 40ish crowd on any bike. They are not apt to drop people
    and smoke a bowl.
    Head north on whatever one way street will get you going north, to 20th, go left (west) and look for the signs saying "North I-25". It's quite a ways from the Convention Center (at least an hour, but so are a lot of the trails around here from downtown Denver). Head west when you get to an exit that says "Lyons". And, yes, see Dave at Redstone Cyclery while you're up there (ride side of the road as you're heading into Lyons).

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Head north on whatever one way street will get you going north, to 20th, go left (west) and look for the signs saying "North I-25". It's quite a ways from the Convention Center (at least an hour, but so are a lot of the trails around here from downtown Denver). Head west when you get to an exit that says "Lyons". And, yes, see Dave at Redstone Cyclery while you're up there (ride side of the road as you're heading into Lyons).
    You haven't been to Redstone in a while. Dave has a new location. Just past Oskar Blues/Old Chubway on the left side after you make the left hand turn into downtown.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
    You haven't been to Redstone in a while. Dave has a new location. Just past Oskar Blues/Old Chubway on the left side after you make the left hand turn into downtown.
    Cool. Time for some new pics!

Digital Toast
    A few older pics of Hall.... Fall 2010

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    looks like a fun place to ride, thanks for posting the pics

QUOTE=Zeroack;8127266]A few older pics of Hall.... Fall 2010

[/QUOTE]

Digital Toast
    Sounds like my boys and I will be in Denver in the morning at the bike show. Then probably heading to either Hall, Heil or some other front range trail. So if ya see a old fat guy on a Turner being followed by a couple kids on a yellow superlite or a blue jekyll, that's me.