A High Life Day- Mtbr.com

Thread: A High Life Day

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

A High Life Day

I took the HL out to the Demo forest for some fun on typical NorCal autumn day (overcast, 65F and tacky ground from Thursday rain).

A short time after this pic was taken I ran across a group of riders with one of 'em splayed out across the fireroad. I slowed to check status-looked like a broken leg. The poor guy seemed to be doing ok with his buddies in control. The guy even apologized for ruining my flow! 30 seconds later I saw the paramedics hiking up.

It's almost beer-thirty and time to mount the Big Bettys on the HL. Have fun and be careful out there! Cheers!

Nothing here
    Schweet, are those I9s?

FM
    mtbr member
    Nice bike.

Hopefully the dude will be OK, and has a good story to tell. I hope he was attempting something large, and not just "JRA"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yep, they're I9's. I'm amazed every time I ride those wheels as to how stiff they are.

Apparently the injured rider was a fellow MTBR'er and is ok. Link to story
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2414053

trail fairy
    WIcked ride the Highline sure is a mean machine hope that saddle can hang in there that far back on the rails is that a WTB race V
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    WIcked ride the Highline sure is a mean machine hope that saddle can hang in there that far back on the rails is that a WTB race V
    He has the seat like that because he's pretending the Large highline actually fits him.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All my WTB saddles are set at the same location and I've been riding them like that for 3+ years without failure.

I'm actually quite comfortable DB. The RF post on the HL has .5 in setback and the dogbones provide good support. I did my research in advance of pulling the trigger with regard to stem/saddle length.

An XL HL would allow me to eliminate a set back post, however, I pay no penalty with the RF because the actual post isn't bent preventing me from dropping it full down.

At least I'm not pretending that the VPFree is low maintenance- creak, creak, crunch!

Members who have read this thread: 0