Hey Steve3....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hey Steve3....

mtbr member

Hey Steve3....

Any word on the 4" rocker arms from Pauls?

No big deal, I'm not in any ruch. I was just wondering if you contacted them yet.

I've had my Burner out about 5 times and I'm thinking that increasing the travel to 4" would be perfect. Don't get me wrong, the bike is near perfect as is, but I've always ridden 4" travel bikes (intense tracers) and I definately feel like I can use the additional 0.5" of travel. What are your opinions on this?

mtbr member

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Yeah, I've been on the phone this week.

I hope you understand, but I don't want to say anything until I have something definitive to tell you guys.

Rest assured, I'm working on it, as is a third party.

Unfortunately, since I've only ridden the standard X rockers, I can't comment about the XR's, except they are going to make the rear end a bit more plush and with the current platform shocks, this will have no negatives to performance. Perhaps, if there is anyone out there that thinks propedal is too harsh, this might help, as well.

I'm looking for the versatility with the 4" rockers. I do use all of my travel as it is right now. I make sure to check the o ring and that it's a bit less than the 1.5" stroke to make sure I don't break the frame. In fact, I added more preload the other day to reduce the stoke by another 3 mm's or so.

Believe me, I totally understand, and I really appreciate what you're doing.

I have my shock set up exactly like yours, and when I'm done with a ride, the o ring is competely off the shock, it is dangling around the mount. Is this bad? Does this mean I am bottoming out? I do have a vanilla R on the way that I plan on sending out to get the Pushed upgrade. Should be pretty sweet.

Thanks for the info,
    Eric

Members who have read this thread: 0