help me out with a SS for short guy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

help me out with a SS for short guy

I need to find a second bike for my fleet. I am open to any small frame (I am 5'2") and woudl like to go into the rigid / ss arena.

Could be fully rigid, could have front susp fork, could be SS, could be 1x8.

Did not find anythign on Ebay yet. Would love a Redline Monocog

help me out!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Buddy of mine is contemplating selling a frame he recently picked up - it's a 16" Soul cycles Dillinger - 29'er.

He posted some pics here: http://nelacycling.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=127

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

SC Lizard

This is what I have been riding as I build up the 5 Spot. The nice thing about the Chameleon is that you can run it geared/ss. Also with SC warranty you can run up to 160mm fork. I'm 5'4 and ride a small.

Good Luck.

i'll try to add a picture

mtbr member
    FIVE FOOT TWO INCHES!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, if you're saying that you don't think a small or 16" frame is going to be small enough, I dunno what else to suggest. The 15" Monocog has pretty much the same measurements as the Dillinger, I don't see a smaller frame offered in either manufacturer's lineup.

Only thing smaller I'm familiar with (6' tall, don't shop for small frames that often) would be the Carver 96'er, Which might be good. He makes them in 13" (XS) and 15" (S) and both seem to have much shorter effective TT, overall wheelbase and standover than the Redline. Trying to stuff a pair of 29" wheels under a super small frame usually means you have to stretch it somewhere for clearances - with the 26" rear, you can use shorter chainstays.

He would likely build a 29'er as well if that's what your heart is set on - while the pricing isn't Turner-esque for his frames, $399 is still kinda steep for a frame if you're just wanting it as a backup ride.

mtbr member
    I apologize. I should have been more specific. I am only interested in 26", not 29". Thanks for the help and keep it comin'!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Ahh that's where I got confused - the Monocog is only offered in 29" now - it used to be offered both ways.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    A small Chameleon will fit you fine as I am 5'4 with a longer torso, so I run a 110mm stem for trail riding. happy hunting.

Members who have read this thread: 0