Handle bars for my Sultan,- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Handle bars for my Sultan,

I was thinking of trying Syncros,anybody use or have tried Syncros?What is the difference between the Bulk carbon and the Gain carbon?Thanks..CF....

not so super...
    Nothing wrong with the Gravity (FSA) carbon bars.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Yes sir your right,

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Nothing wrong with the Gravity (FSA) carbon bars.
    As I have a pair on my rigid SS 29er.I was asking Syncros because I was also interested in a stem and seat from them.In fact if and when Syncros gets ruled out I'll be going FSA..Thanks SSINGA...

No, that's not phonetic
    I have the Syncros Bulk Carbon bars on my Spot and RFX. A very sweet bar. One thing about 29ers is getting the front end low enough due to the huge wheel and tall fork (I mean, if you are running a REAL fork ). A no-rise stem and low-rise bar may be in order. I have a Sunline V1 OS (aluminum) 3/4" rise bar on my Sultan with a Thomson X4 0 degree stem. Great setup.

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

width

Fred, that is also a very wide bar set up that cheezy has there (if he didn't cut them down), which would also be good for the type of riding you do here in the northeast.

Great bar, sometimes hard to find though. Its been a very popular DH bar lately due to its width.

Single Malt

Any luck with.....

.....Mary bars on a Sultan? I'm building one up, and may give it a try. I've been running a Titec H-Bar on my rigid SS for several years and I don't know if I can get away from the sweep. Salsa has 17 degree sweepers, but I don't think they offer it on anything other than a flat bar.
    ~~Cheers!!! PMF~~

Bodhisattva
    I'm a big fan of the Syntace Vector for my Sultan. 12 deg sweep. Very nice.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ29
    .....Mary bars on a Sultan? I'm building one up, and may give it a try. I've been running a Titec H-Bar on my rigid SS for several years and I don't know if I can get away from the sweep. Salsa has 17 degree sweepers, but I don't think they offer it on anything other than a flat bar.
    Give the Salsa's a try with some Ergon GC2 grips (the kind with integrated bar ends), that affords you multiple hand positions. I've got the Titec H-bar on my rigid and the 11 deg Pro Moto flatbar w/ Ergons on my Sultan - easy transition between the two.

In my opinion, you can achieve a better 'attack' position w/ the Sultan using a traditional style bar. For the rigid, I like the position of the H-bar with regards to using my elbows to soak up some bumps, more natural 'rowing' position, less shoulder movement.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    The Syntace bars are the nicest I have tried- from FSA to Eastons to Raceface. I even trust their carbon bar. For climbing and techy stuff, the 12 degree sweep is nice.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I have a Sunline V1 OS (aluminum) 3/4" rise bar.
    I recently switched to those bars and really like them. Goes well with a 50mm x 0 degree stem.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I have a Sunline V1 OS (aluminum) 3/4" rise bar on my Sultan with a Thomson X4 0 degree stem. Great setup.
    I think the Sunline bar/stem combo is pretty sweet. If I wasn't so darn happy with my Gravity carbons that would be my setup.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Good stuff,

Thanks to all..

Hisforever
    those syncros bars seem to have good numbers, i have tried to get them with no luck.

Why not get some apehangers to go with the mammoth wheels on that bike? those are dope!

mtbr member
    I can second the Syntace bars, new Vector 31.8 is really comfy.(I use FSA bars on my other bike)

Members who have read this thread: 0