HIKE!

Gravity Dropper and magnetic fields...

.... been riding the Gravity Dropper a while. Neat product, if you've not tried one no need trying to explain it to you, just try one.

The manual and labeling caution against anyone with a pacemaker coming into contact with the strong magnets in the post's switching mechanism. The magnets could mess thing up.

My question is, can the magnets mess my nuts up? Will I end up with no swimmers?

mtbr member
    You should be fine unless you have a pacemaker in your nuts.

Seriously???

Dude,
    While you are sitting there worried about that magnetic field (that at most would probably cause nothing more than a nice tingling sensation to your boys) the reality is that you have a better chance of being stricken dead by any one of the following events.

Type of Accident or Manner of Injury_____Deaths_____One Year Odds____Lifetime Odds
    Pedalcyclist, V10-V19____________________767_________375,412________ ___ 4,857
    Fall on same level from slip, trip, etc_________646_________445,729___________5,766
    Bitten or struck by dog, W54_______________18_________15,966,734________206 ,944
    Other accidental hanging and strangulation,___297_________969,499___________12, 542
    Exposure to Alcohol(too much?), X4_________555__________811,102__________10,493

Facts taken from this site:

Not to be an ass or anything but uh, go ride your bike or something. You need to clear your head. ha
    Last edited by CDtofer; 01-26-2006 at 06:04 AM. Reason: mtbr does not support tables/spacing

HIKE!

The plate in my head...

..... and when I lean over my bike to make an adjustment on something, lube the chain, etc, I can feel the magnets tugging on the plate in my head. I was told they put in a titanium plate, but noooo, must be steel.

No, just joking, not too worried about the swimmers. In fact, I'd be relieved to get a free vasectomy of sorts.

I was just replacing the remote cable on my Gravity Dropper the other day, and holy crap! those little magnets are strong little suckers. Genius little switch mechanism. And I'd have to say the Gravity Dropper with the remote is THE best product I've bought in a long time.

Bodhisattva
    Try neuticles.
    They're non-ferrous.

Lay off the Levers
    If you cross-pack you stash (left nut to right side and vice versa) the crossed magnetic induction will create a cancelling anti-protonic flux which will isolate you and your swimmers from any magnetodegradation, real or imagined... But you have to have the right kind of seat.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    The anti-protonic flux could be dangerous if he comes in contact with a gamma vortex. That could be fatal. He should send the GD to me for safe keeping

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    The anti-protonic flux would not be dangerous if he came in contact with a gamma vortex. It would only be dangerous if the Newtonian constant of gravitation were introduced to the gamma vortex and multiplied by the Josephson frequency-voltage quotient. If that happened, there would be a better than average chance of a magnetic flux quantum happening and that could be some serious, serious stuff... so be careful.... and send the dang GD to me instead
    MCM# 2007.1

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpot
    The anti-protonic flux would not be dangerous if he came in contact with a gamma vortex. It would only be dangerous if the Newtonian constant of gravitation were introduced to the gamma vortex and multiplied by the Josephson frequency-voltage quotient. If that happened, there would be a better than average chance of a magnetic flux quantum happening and that could be some serious, serious stuff... so be careful.... and send the dang GD to me instead
    This is the Turner board. How about someone produce a graph or chart to illustrate this principle?

rr
    I don't do PC
    I have balls of steel, so I can't run a GD

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Best I can do on short notice:
    My explanation for the effect is that the crossing of the insulating layer is not done by electrons but by Compton photons.

If this explanation is correct then putting in the values of the fundamental constants possessed by the Compton photon we should obtain the correct Jf value.

m = 9.109383005372682D-31 electron mass
    Q = 1.602176740263928D-19 electron charge
    L = 2.426310577080649D-12 Compton wavelength
    T =8.0933009231361127D-21 Compton action time

Doing the calculation gives

Jf =2.41798925D14 which is half the value of Jf usually given which at first seems to contradict my argument.

However in work done by Geneves they found that under certain conditions the junction gave surprising results which suggested half quantum phenomena was taking place. That is that the n in the usual formula could be replaced by n(+-)0.5.

This is quite strong evidence to support the explanation I have given. Yeah, I know it's not the graph that you needed, but at least all the data is there....
    MCM# 2007.1

Bodhisattva
    Nicely done Silverspot.

But did you take into account the difference between the HL & TNT rear ends?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Nicely done Silverspot.

What about the difference between powdercoat, annodizing and polished?
    Nothing to see here.

Nothing here
    Try neuticles.
    They're non-ferrous.
    dude, hilarious.

Love that word, neuticles.

Bite Me.
    Nicely done Silverspot.

I have to take issue with Silverspot's analysis - he fails to take into account a number of variables like the impact of the EBM wave (electric ball masssager). As the chart shows, when drop height, velocity and other factors are taken into account, there is a distinct risk of altering the space/time continuum if the Gravity Dropper has high postive correlation to Neutical Warp - as the velocity tangent increases, the distortion in the proton flux field is elevated causing a feed back loop off the King Hub/Fox DHX refraction index. If the drop height exceeds the maximum vector in relation to the brake fade composite sine, then we're talkin' major neutical vaporization. The Gravity Dropper should be sent to me for further analysis and field testing in the Turner-Tron accelerator.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cutthroat; 01-26-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Well of course, if you take into account the EBM wave factor (not necessarily present on later models), the charts look a bit different. I dug up one of my graphs below which clearly shows the differences when my formula is applied to both the HL and TNT rear ends in PC, Ano, and Polished as well as the data collected when you include the EBM wave factor and velocity variables. According to DT himself the GD seatpost is not recommended when an EBM wave exists as it could lead to a complete loss of consciousness.

I still stand behind my earlier conclusions - the anti-protonic flux would not be dangerous if he came in contact with a gamma vortex. 'nuff said, yo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MCM# 2007.1

Outcast
    Silverspot, cutthroat, I assume that your extensive research is about the standard three inch gravity dropper. Is there any difference in the characteristics of the four inch model, other than it's propensity to pinch my nut sack when utilized, much easier than the three inch model did?

Bodhisattva
    Hysterical stuff guys. Thanks for the chuckle.

Bite Me.
    So - you throw the gauntlet down - Mon Dieu!! Snob! Poseur! I fart in your general direction!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    The differences between the GD 3" and 4" models are negligible, so much so that it would not show up on the graphs. I did somewhat extensive research looking for the subtlest of differences and could find none, at least with the formulas that I was using. The propensity of pinching the nut-sak is in direct proportion to the size of the neuticles themselves and has little to do with the GD itself. At least those were my findings.

Cutthroat - you want to take a stab at this one? Perhaps you found something that I may have overlooked...
    Last edited by SilverSpot; 01-26-2006 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Spelling: European 'neuticles' spelling as to not offend anyone
    MCM# 2007.1

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpot
    The differences between the GD 3" and 4" models are negligible, so much so that it would not show up on the graphs. I did somewhat extensive research looking for the subtlest of differences and could find none, at least with the formulas that I was using. The propensity of pinching the nut-sak is in direct proportion to the size of the neutacles themselves and has little to do with the GD itself. At least those were my findings.

Cutthroat - you want to take a stab at this one? Perhaps you found something that I may have overlooked...
    Baggies or spandex? Aqua has done some studies on that variable -
    Generally, as speed increases there is a distinct neutical "lag" or "drift" (I prefer the European spelling of neuticle). Pinching can occur, but if velocity is coupled with a big drop, there's a neutical retraction factor to consider - at this point we're getting into Chaos Theory.

Outcast
    Spandex of course. Baggies are worn by wanna-be poseurs who drop four feet to flat on overpriced lawn ornaments. Real ball-pinching riders wear traditional spandex.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Ahhh yes, I remember that AquaLance did do some studies on that variable. But Aqua has the new and improved ceramic neuticles (which are lighter and stronger) as opposed to the traditional polypropylene type, and if I remember correctly he even lost one at one point but has since recovered it. That must be what you referred to as 'drift' in your supposition, but it could have also been the retraction factor.

But what if the proliferation coefficient factor of the spandex in the baggies superceded that of the standard lycra/spandex shorts? Something to take into consideration.
    MCM# 2007.1

Rolling

Lol!

Threads like this are what spark posts like that one on ridemonkey!

BUt ithey are friggen hilarious nevertheless.

Tim to answer the question, Just make sure you don't store your credit cards near your seatpost.

Am not, had mine removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    My question is, can the magnets mess my nuts up? Will I end up with no swimmers?
    Dude, don't worry about your boys til you've had 50 radiation treatments down there!
    You want to ride behind someone who does something that?

770-271-9506

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I have to take issue with Silverspot's analysis - he fails to take into account a number of variables like the impact of the EBM wave (electric ball masssager). As the chart shows, when drop height, velocity and other factors are taken into account, there is a distinct risk of altering the space/time continuum if the Gravity Dropper has high postive correlation to Neutical Warp - as the velocity tangent increases, the distortion in the proton flux field is elevated causing a feed back loop off the King Hub/Fox DHX refraction index. If the drop height exceeds the maximum vector in relation to the brake fade composite sine, then we're talkin' major neutical vaporization. The Gravity Dropper should be sent to me for further analysis and field testing in the Turner-Tron accelerator.
    Just a little bit of too much time on your hands.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Just a little bit of too much time on your hands.
    Time is relative

MK_
    carpe maņana
    On a slightly more serious note, wearing a cell phone on a belt clip or in your front pockets FAR oughweights any possible effects of the gravity dropper magnet.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Neutical Warp

Hey!!!! Mine are not neuticles!!! I can prove it.
    Check my Site

HIKE!

Fo*#ing, hilarious...

.... ****, I just mobied hot coffee out my nose! Balls of steel..... neuticles, warps, EBM.... I gotta clean myself up....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh, dudes. I nearly woke up the neighbors laughing so loud reading these posts. What a question to ask. Are you serious?

Actually, the product mentioned is called a Gravity Dropper, not a Testicle Dropper!!! And how many people with pacemakers would actually ride hard enough to make use of a Dropper anyhow? None probably, if you know anything about pacemakers.

Members who have read this thread: 0