Team Sanchez

Gooseberry Mesa 12-10-05

Was a little bit chilly on the Mesa this morning with Lycra FR, Can'tGetRight, D-Wang and I.

1. CGR hittin a little wall ride on Hidden Canyon
    2. CGR with Zion in the background
    3. LFR, and CGR climbing in Hidden Canyon
    4. LFR trying to taco his rims
    Attached Images Attached Images

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    nice pics as usual el. about 35 here in town today and that beats the hell outta -12 anyday. the snows meltin some so thats good news. much lookin forward to doin some of the same as you guys.
    No, I'm NOT back!

a tight kick sound

aaaahhhhhh

Beautiful pics.....Damn it!
    These are killing me. It's super nice here in Oregon today and I am stuck inside
    working on my thesis
    We don't get much nice weather in the winter....grrrrrrrr

Glad to see ya havin' fun!

Booner

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Happy to be skiing, but those pix bring back good memories, and get me jonesing for next Spring's trip!

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Hey Hey Vanilla Zilla, glad to see you guys still kickin' it! Too bad I didn't get to ride with you guys more last Oct, but there's always next year....I'm living through your pics still, so keep them coming. Say Hi to the St. George clan.

Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Lay off the Levers
    Great shots El-C. Envy, envy, envy.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Very nice fellas. Kurt, how large was your drop? Didn't you just get done replacing a set of taco'd rims? Bummer. Maybe you should step up to the 6.1's.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Photo Request

Hi there. Shamelessly begging for a certain pic to help me make it until next Spring's trip.

On the spur trail out to the end of Goose, there is a tight right through some sand, leading into a pretty steep rock up-move. It might be called the "bee-itch", but not sure.

So next time you and the crew are out there, how about doing a favor for a snowbound guy?

(Plus, I want to see a Pack making that climb -- it pushes me a bit on the Spot)

No, that's not phonetic
    Here is a future Pack owner, current Spot owner, on his previous bike (Voodoo) not making it up that section. One out of three isn't bad. Hey, is that egg burrito vomit on his stem?

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Shamelessly begging for a certain pic to help me make it until next Spring's trip.
    (Plus, I want to see a Pack making that climb -- it pushes me a bit on the Spot)
    kosmo, this isn't the beeatch, but it's close. Here's a sequence that tscheezy forwarded to me that shows him powering his Pack. I know he's not one to toot his own horn and post pics of himself, so I'll take the liberty. Hope they show in the correct order and hope it gives you a fix. Most pics don't show true slope angles, but this one looks steep! Way to grunt it out Phillip. Not sure who the photog was, but good job!

Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    holy crap! thats gotta be photo shopped. if not i quit. hehe
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Perfect. Thanks for the photo fix -- and with a little snow in the background, no less!

And nice up move, Ts!

kosmo

Team Sanchez
    Lycra has never tacoed a rim, and he certainly didn't do it on this drop. Bob the wheelbuilder is in the process of building up LFR's new DT 5.1's.

mtbr member

Taco a Bob wheelset???

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Very nice fellas. Kurt, how large was your drop? Didn't you just get done replacing a set of taco'd rims? Bummer. Maybe you should step up to the 6.1's.
    Oh, the drop was at least 6' or more!! The boys think it's bigger than the one over at Lil Creek. I am not sure Wheelbuilders rims can taco. I can't wait to see the 5.1's in action. Hope you and the loved ones are doing well.

Curt

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    kosmo, this isn't the beeatch, but it's close. Here's a sequence that tscheezy forwarded to me that shows him powering his Pack. I know he's not one to toot his own horn and post pics of himself, so I'll take the liberty. Hope they show in the correct order and hope it gives you a fix. Most pics don't show true slope angles, but this one looks steep! Way to grunt it out Phillip. Not sure who the photog was, but good job!

Randy
    ...Tscheezy in sequence. Nice work polar-boy!