full bike service...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

full bike service...

Six pack getting a full service.
    Dont all the bushes, all gone well :-)

Next one is, i have a 2006 66SL and its never been serviced....
    Ive just taken the RC2 cart out... wondering how that bottom nut can be tightened, but i'll face that in a mo.
    Im going to put some 5wt oil in, rather than mix 5 and 10wt. This is my fist stab at a oil change on any fork...
    I took the Doppo side, top cap off, and went to drain out the 40ml of oil.... Nothing came out?
    Is the 40ml inside the doppo cart, or has it all gone? Do i put the 40ml in the fork leg. The inside of the tubes are heavy with oil, but there is none/not even a drip to come out?

Anyhow, Head set grease and bearing change in my wheels next.

Just looking for confirmation as to what i should expect from the fork (doppo side)

PS. Took homers advice on the 66sl rather than the fox talas RC2 2005. and now im taking homers advice on the home service.
    Im diggin a bigger and bigger hole, but im learning by the minute :-)
    My Name is backwards, Who did that!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well i put the 40ml in the doppio side, as i thought a bit of extra lube will help things last longer

but being so dumb, that i am, ive up the carts and oil in looking at the fork the wrong way round!.

shouldnt matter, as the legs look symetrical, its now, my stickers dont match up
    i'll sort that out in a shorter time than 2 years

they seem ok, i'll do the compulsary kerb test once i get the break and handle bar on...
    My Name is backwards, Who did that!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0