mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Which fox hardware mounting kit for Highline?

I was changing out the spring when i noticed that with one end of the shock disengaged it takes significant force to rotate the shock. Sounds like I need new DU bushings/hardware.. any thoughts?
    http://www.pricepoint.com/popups/pop...20Zoom%20Image

mtbr member
    6mm x 21.84mm

Cheers

Buzz

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Lots of manufacturers only seem to offer 22mm for their shocks, I'm presuming this works without binding?

mtbr member
    Which manufacturers? I have had both a DHX 5.0 and a CCDB on my gf highline. They are both 21.84mm.

Cheers

Buzz

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I quick searching Manitou and Zoke only seem to offer 22mm, Rockshox seems to be 21.8mm.

I like the idea changing to a Vivid from my DHX, but can't find the mounting hardware in stock so I was exploring the possibility of using alternate manufacturers if it will work.

mtbr member
    As far as I know, the only DU bushings and reducers that are different from everyone else are the CCDB ones. The DU bushings are slightly larger than the Fox ones, and are thus not interchangeable. Id be willing to bet Fox DU bushings and reducers would work on a Vivid. Perhaps someone who has tried it can chime in.

Cheers

Buzz

mtbr member
    I'd say stick with the Fox kit. I've been runing a marzochhi TST for a while and I recently purchased a Rock Shox kit (m6x21.8) because I've been having some issues with blowing through DU bushings at rear side of the shock - anyone else having this issue?

Anway, the website I ordered from said the rockshox kit was compatible with marzochhi shocks and I like the design - solid through bolt with spacers on the side instead of the two pieces that pancake together like the fox.

The biggest problem with this kit is that spacers that go on the sides are not wide enough to take up all of the free space between the shock and the sides of the frame. There's almost 2mm of free space there. Because of this I ended up blowing the DU bushings at both ends and had to have them replaced.

Members who have read this thread: 0