Fox DHX for 5 Spot?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fox DHX for 5 Spot?

I've been reading about this new shock and it sounds pretty darn good, I was wondering whether to get one as a back-up/service replacement shock for the Romic. I know it's a bit of a downhill/freeride shock, but the weight is OK and if the performance is as good as they reckon then...

Info here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1381

I have the press release if anyone wants it (I don't know if it's available on the Fox site).

What other options would folk suggest as a standby for the Romic? Air is a possibility if the performance is good enough.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    ...not sure about a "back-up" for the Romic....definitely as a REPLACEMENT tho fo sho!! I too have been awaiting this shocks release (according to my last call in to Fox...maybe September 04). It is available in 7.5" x 2" spec......so, I am waiting, cash-in-hand

Press Release .pdf HERE

DGC
    mtbr member

Get it if you can

Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    ...not sure about a "back-up" for the Romic....definitely as a REPLACEMENT tho fo sho!! I too have been awaiting this shocks release (according to my last call in to Fox...maybe September 04). It is available in 7.5" x 2" spec......so, I am waiting, cash-in-hand

Press Release .pdf HERE

I have had a little test time on a DHX prototype back in March on a 5 Spot. It is a real nice shock. I would say it would replace your Romic, and then have the Romic be a second shock. The performance was extremely good. And I would guess the proto I rode is going to be basically production for the most part, since the performance was so good I could'nt see it changing. Get one if you can. Also, the shaft was aluminum vs. steel of old and dropped the weight significantly on the proto I rode.

mtbr member

Ti spring...

It's pretty easy to get ti springs for Fox shocks too isn't it? Damn this upgraditus!

Thanks for your comments guys and great to hear from someone who's ridden one. Cheers.
    'The Fear' is your friend...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Hey DGC

Quote Originally Posted by DGC
    I have had a little test time on a DHX prototype back in March on a 5 Spot. It is a real nice shock. I would say it would replace your Romic, and then have the Romic be a second shock. The performance was extremely good. And I would guess the proto I rode is going to be basically production for the most part, since the performance was so good I could'nt see it changing. Get one if you can. Also, the shaft was aluminum vs. steel of old and dropped the weight significantly on the proto I rode.
    Do you happen to know how the weight of the DHX compares with the Romic? I'm itchin' to get one.

Thanks!!

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    It's pretty easy to get ti springs for Fox shocks too isn't it? Damn this upgraditus!
    Hmmmm,

I'd get a 2nd job but it would cut into my ride time
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member

The press release states

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Do you happen to know how the weight of the DHX compares with the Romic? I'm itchin' to get one.

Thanks!!
    400 grams without a spring on the larger 8.75 x 2.75 size.

mtbr member

talk about upgraditus...I can easily see myself

Quote Originally Posted by Deano

Thanks for your comments guys and great to hear from someone who's ridden one. Cheers.
    riding my 5 Spot this fall with a new DHX in the rear and a Manitou Nixon on the front. Yikes!