mtbr member

FOX DHX 5.0 to CCDB?

I just received a CCDB and plan to put it on my '05 spot (or maybe my '06 RFX? - havent decided yet). Can I take the eyelet bushings from my DHX and swap them directly over to the CCDB? Or do I need some CCDB specific fittings? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Buzz

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Does it not have bushings already fitted? - if not you should probably get new ones anyway - although the size is the same for fox &ccdb (1/2 inch diameter). The reducers /spacers (aka "top hats" need to fit a 6mm bolt and fit a 22mm gap. the bushes & reducer sizes are a fairly standard size and available fairly easily. Removing and fitting the bushes is a bit trickier though - there are some threads on here on how to do it

On a related topic is the eye to eye & shock shaft movement the same on an rfx as a 5 Spot (190mm x 2 inch)?

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Cane Creek likes to put in spherical bearings in the CCDB for frames that use short reducers. If you have the spherical bearings, you'll need to either press them out and press in bushings or call up Cane Creek and order the reducers that work with the spherical bearings. They cost $10 per eyelet.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

mtbr member
    The '05 Spot and '06 RFX both use a 7.5 x 2 shock, so I am in the clear there. I am now thinking that sending the whole thing off to CCDB for a rebuild and insertion of the correct bushings might be the way to go. I dont 'really' know the history ('08) of the shock, though it is in excellent condition. I am guessing that the update to 2010 internals and getting the proper hardware mounted might be worth the time/money?

Cheers

Buzz

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    The '05 Spot and '06 RFX both use a 7.5 x 2 shock, so I am in the clear there. I am now thinking that sending the whole thing off to CCDB for a rebuild and insertion of the correct bushings might be the way to go. I dont 'really' know the history ('08) of the shock, though it is in excellent condition. I am guessing that the update to 2010 internals and getting the proper hardware mounted might be worth the time/money?

Cheers

Buzz
    It may not be necessary. If it will make you enjoy the shock more, then by all means, but from performance perspective it may not be necessary. Cane Creek rolled in the spherical poppet valves at the same time as they rolled in the new style compression and rebound adjusters. If you can adjust both high and low speed on the compression and rebound with the little cane creek wrench (they're also both gold instead of blue and red ano) then you have the latest valves. The oil in the shock stays consistent for a while.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

mtbr member
    Thanks _MK,

I do in fact have the all gold compression and rebound adjusters, so that is nice to know. I have e-mailed CC to see how much it will be to send me the appropriate mounting hardware, as they dont have a dealer in Canada
    I appreciate the help!

Cheers

Buzz

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    Thanks _MK,

I do in fact have the all gold compression and rebound adjusters, so that is nice to know. I have e-mailed CC to see how much it will be to send me the appropriate mounting hardware, as they dont have a dealer in Canada
    I appreciate the help!

Cheers

Buzz
    Yeah, it's best to call up direct. They charge $10 per eyelet plus shipping.

_MK

Members who have read this thread: 0