Fork time- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fork time

mtbr member

Fork time

I'm getting tired of the Domain on my 06 RFX. It takes hits pretty well, but sucks over high speed chatter. I noticed that Jenson has the Marzocchi 55 ETA for a good price. Has anyone here tried one? I like the ETA feature. It is a coil shock with tst micro (whatever that is), and it's 160mm. Seems like it might be a good choice, but I can't find any info on one.

Thanks for any info.
    Ken

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I'm getting tired of the Domain on my 06 RFX. It takes hits pretty well, but sucks over high speed chatter. I noticed that Jenson has the Marzocchi 55 ETA for a good price. Has anyone here tried one? I like the ETA feature. It is a coil shock with tst micro (whatever that is), and it's 160mm. Seems like it might be a good choice, but I can't find any info on one.

Thanks for any info.
    Ken

Get a Van, TST sucks till next year, looks like the only viable option this year I can see, still not without issues, but the lest of what I can see from my extensive 8 month research of bs
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

not so super...
    Having ridden my spot with both the 55 ATA and the 36 Talas - I preferred the 36.
    Nothing to see here.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg

Thanks for any info.
    Ken
    Hell no, you don't want tst micro for best bump absorption. They are making a 55 though with RC3 now, and you can order the ETA cartridge for it if you want later, I don't know what the eta (timeline) is on it being available though.

I have the 66 with RC2, it's pretty good in that respect, but there are better dampers out there, on the other hand there isn't much with better bottom-out control, so it keeps me happy.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I rebuilt my TST micro, and finally found the correct oil wt's and heights for the ETA. I throw it on now and again. I kinda like it now. Of course it took me months to get there, but I got a plush 66 at a killer discount for my troubles. Zoke is working hard for '09. I may regret saying that they may actually pull it together. Tom has a great sense for what needs to happen. It took a few really beating him up on the boards for him to crack, but he has seen the light

Hisforever
    i think the 66 rc2x of old would rock on the rfx. I just started rockin one on my 5.5" pack. We are getting along quite well so far. Travel adjustability is pretty nice. I am coming off a 36vanilla. IMO, travel adjustability is what the 36 vanilla is lacking...a lyric would be nice option. especially if it has RS totem like qualities.

Members who have read this thread: 0