Flux pricing advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Flux pricing advice

I have a year old flux with embarrassingly low miles on it that I am going to list for sale and was wondering what you all thought I could get for it.
    It is gold dust orange powder coat , and originally came with the trail build (slx shifters, front derailleur and cranks , xt rear). Stock race face bars and stem, with a Thomson masterpiece post, xt ice tech brakes and rotors. I had hubsessed build wheels with I9 hubs, Sapim force Spokes and wtb Kom rims. It has the fox Evo fork and shock. The bike is in perfect shape. Size shouldn't matter to pricing but it's a Large so it's not a crazy unusual size.

I would love to get $2500 for it, but I don't know if that's realistic or not. Some may say that with the release of the carbon model the prices of the aluminum bikes will go to heck, but I am thinking that some ( including me ) like the American made factor of the aluminum bikes.

Where do u guys think I need to be on pricing to get it sold? Sorry if there are typos here. I'm on my phone in the hospital due to a minor miscalculation involving my hand and 775 pounds of machine trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Turns out that both can be in the same place, your hand just gets thinner and your fingers get shorter... MF.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Is it the most recent aluminum model? If so, 2500 seems pretty reasonable to me, especially with those hubs. But selling a bike is like selling a house, you're basically going to get what the market dictates. I sold a 29 frame recently, and my impression was that the market for 29ers is a little slow, but a 27.5 will probably go quicker. Take a look on Pinkbike and eBay for comps, that'll give you a better sense. But I don't think you're off base at all.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Good to hear that I'm not dreaming. It is the most current frame, so I should be ok there. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

mtbr member
    You can obviously advertise it for what you want. But realistically I would be surprised if you got more than $2K for it. Just because it's used with a lower end drivetrain and fork / rear shock and not 1X11. Wheels are obviously sweet though! I see so many bikes that in my opinion are overpriced and they sit forever on sites like pinkbike. I think these people have magic numbers in their minds that they need to get for their bikes so they can upgrade to something else. Maybe you advertise it for $2.5K on the classifieds but just mentally be prepared to take $2K. My 0.2 cents.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Good points. I appreciate the info!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    You can obviously advertise it for what you want. But realistically I would be surprised if you got more than $2K for it. Just because it's used with a lower end drivetrain and fork / rear shock and not 1X11. Wheels are obviously sweet though! I see so many bikes that in my opinion are overpriced and they sit forever on sites like pinkbike. I think these people have magic numbers in their minds that they need to get for their bikes so they can upgrade to something else. Maybe you advertise it for $2.5K on the classifieds but just mentally be prepared to take $2K. My 0.2 cents.
    This. It is hard to tell the market. Start at $2500 and be prepared to drop the price every few days until sold. Try not to get too insulted when some bozo offers you $1,500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.