Finally got a Turner after 8 years of waiting (or making mistakes with other brands)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Good job! Finally got a Turner after 8 years of waiting (or making mistakes with other brands)

I have wanted a Turner for the last 8 years but never got around to buying one until now. I'm not sure why, I have changed bikes at a rate of approximately one bike a year for those years though. It's a used 2006 Flux frame size small I built it up myself with some other parts with names on them and it weighs around 26.6lbs. I have to say this is the best riding bike I have owned since I owned my 2001 Titus Racer X.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Badgerboy1970; 08-10-2009 at 06:44 PM.

not so super...
    Congrats! A lot of us made the mistake of waiting too.
    Nothing to see here.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Very nice, Badgerboy. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the polished V1 Flux.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Congrats on your new Turner.

mtbr member
    Aloha Badgerboy,

Nice looking bike. Certainly a nice combination of parts there. The rims look beefy and should last forever. I built a small 2008 flux for my girlfriend and it's a sweet riding trail bike. Wish I had enough $$ to build one for myself.

What did you not like about the Titus? They make some pretty sweet bikes these days, they look really good anyway.

Aloha,
    g

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    gmats, there was nothing really wrong with the Titus Racer X other than it was the wrong size and they changed the design for 2002 by adding a rocker arm. I owned the Titus back in 2001 when I had good IT tech jobs and a lot more money to spend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerboy1970
    gmats, there was nothing really wrong with the Titus Racer X other than it was the wrong size and they changed the design for 2002 by adding a rocker arm. I owned the Titus back in 2001 when I had good IT tech jobs and a lot more money to spend.

Thanks for the reply, just wanting to know what differences you see between the Turner and the Titus. Yes, they do now have that rocker. I'm liking the design with the carbon fiber seatstay and Al chainstay. Horst link and slightly lighter weight. Though I'm not going to get rid of my spot any time soon, it is too good of a bike.

Hisforever
    Bike looks great
    Jesus Saves

Pipedream Moxie
    Spot Mayhem
    Orbea Rallon
    Transition Sentinel
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    that is sick...I love it!

You know my steez...
    It looks brand new. Nice build!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

Lay off the Levers
    26.6 lbs? Kick friggin arse!
    And this with UST tires and rims...
    And flat pedals on a Flux... badgerboy don't play!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the compliments!

The bike is pretty much new except the wheels and frame. The polished finish hides a lot of scrapes and scratches which is good with way I ride. The rims/spokes/cranks are all pretty chunky I'm sure I could lose another 3/4 to 1 lb of weight if I wanted to.

The real reason I use platforms is because I have knee issues and all the clipless pedals I've tried still cause me pain when twisting to exit.

Members who have read this thread: 0